Gransnet forums

Chat

BORIS looks awful

(69 Posts)
travelsafar Mon 25-May-20 19:38:54

Does anyone else agree he looked awful when doing the briefing this evening. All this with DC after having covid 19 I think is taking its toll.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 26-May-20 17:25:35

????

MissAdventure Tue 26-May-20 17:30:06

I can only find info that it may be transmitted through the eyes.

Oopsminty Tue 26-May-20 17:34:37

Hi MissAdventure. I only know about this as someone in the family has had the virus and her eyes were affected.

We were a bit slow in admitting that loss of sense of smell was a symptom and I think we're a bit slow here as well!

There's lots of info . I found this. Apologies re: large photo of DC!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52802661

georgenotheoldone Tue 26-May-20 17:48:10

IMO Cummings should have resigned when he was rumbled. That would have made life easier for Boris and rest of Govt.
He didn't resign. There are no direct consequences for his family or Boris or us to worry about.
What Cummings did was no worse than the crowds on Bournemouth or Brighton beaches. Those people were wrong. Let us move on. Concentrate on care for those in our own families who need us. Help the children catch up on education.
We must stop all this waste of emotion on fringe issues.

Fennel Tue 26-May-20 17:51:30

Oops wrote
"Apologies re: large photo of DC!"
That man gives me the creeps - maybe because the press choose the worst photos they can find. Or he's just naturally not photogenic.

Jane10 Tue 26-May-20 18:00:48

Boris lost me on Sunday when he didn't announce the sacking of DC.
How can one man be allowed to risk the government the loss of so much support around the country?! How can he be worth it.
I felt sorry for Matt Hancock at the briefing today. I bet he'd like to be kicking DC all the way back to Durham but he'll be toeing the party line.

ExD Tue 26-May-20 18:10:20

DC must be one of Boris' special friends but he is showing no loyalty to Boris by insisting on staying in his job. How can he expect to be taken seriously from now on, and Boris knows he should have chucked him out at the beginning, personal friend or not personal friend.
This must be playing on his mind when he should be concentrating all his efforts on keeping the rest of the country safe.
I'm sure he isn't feeling his best either - it takes weeks to fully recover from ordinary 'flu and in normal circumstances he'd have been able to take a proper rest. His career is over and its a real shame.

MissAdventure Tue 26-May-20 19:49:02

Oops, Moorefields have said there is nowhere near enough evidence to say it affects eyesight, as it stands, according to that article.

smile thanks, I'll have a proper read later.

Deedaa Tue 26-May-20 20:30:18

It's certainly not been the year that Boris was looking forward to. Swept to power on the promise of Brexit, lots of jolly slogans and arm waving, out by 31/12/19 and just the details to sort out. Should have been all set for a win win situation.

Now he's had 3 months of lock down, a mounting death toll, mutterings from the plebs, but he might still have carried it off. Now with the Cummings debacle it's all looking a lot more uncertain. We are promised the worst recession for generations, a no deal Brexit looks ever more likely and public trust in Boris is way down. He must be wondering if this is really the job he wanted.

NotSpaghetti Wed 27-May-20 08:20:08

Missadventure -
www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-pink-eye
- though subsequent info says it’s not all like conjunctivitis.

I use the Kings College Covid-19 symptom tracker which is gathering data on symptoms and duration for future research. They specifically ask about eyes.
Can I urge others to contribute to this study?
covid.joinzoe.com/

BlueBelle Wed 27-May-20 08:26:42

lilydilly if Boris s eyesight has been effected he may need a trip to Durham to check it out

MissAdventure Wed 27-May-20 08:27:04

Yes, all I could find was conjunctivitis type symptoms, which doesn't mean someone suddenly needs glasses.

It still doesn't excuse getting into your car to test it out, of course, as any right thinking person would know.

NotSpaghetti Wed 27-May-20 09:05:39

Mmmn ... ? "I think I'm maybe unfit to drive"...
"I think I'll go for a drive to find out"

MissAdventure Wed 27-May-20 09:17:59

It's what any caring parent would do, apparently.

sodapop Wed 27-May-20 09:39:31

I agree with ExD D.C. has shown no loyalty to his friends or the Government by staying in post.

Barmeyoldbat Wed 27-May-20 09:48:08

No sympathy for Boris whatsoever, he broke his own rules by shaking hands with patients and his friend Dom also broke the rules.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 27-May-20 09:59:35

When this current nightmare is over and we are back to some kind of normality, a few things should happen. (1) B Johnson should rethink his position and stand down as leader. (2) a general election should be seriously considered. Brexit must be the main topic. How on earth can we go through with it in the light of the pandemic? (3) there must be a massive rethink of how we treat the poorest and less able members of our country. It has become apparent over the last months that this group of people have often made the greatest contribution to easing the current situation.

This government have lied and obfuscated during this emergency as well as the Brexit shenanigans.

MayBee70 Wed 27-May-20 12:24:58

Well said Ladyleftfieldlover. Also, it's the poorer areas of the country that have had the highest death rate. Surely linked to years of austerity cuts.