Gransnet forums

Chat

I’m feeling really, really miserable so I’ve bought

(112 Posts)
morethan2 Wed 27-May-20 17:45:07

Three moody blues cd’s.
Tony Blackburn played a track on Saturday and it bought back memories of our ‘courting days’ At one time we owned all their L.P’s. If I don’t cheer up soon I may just buy Neil Diamond.
Anyone else bought something they don’t need to cheer themselves up.

Elizabeth1 Thu 28-May-20 08:34:52

moorethan2 same hereI’m beginning to think I’ve shares in next and the white company I can’t stop shopping on line from my bed it’s a fabulous pastime must cease this soon as I’ll soon be bankrupt hope I’m not breaking any rules by mentioning these two stores.wink

BlueSky Thu 28-May-20 08:38:37

Thanks Curly it's obvious that people won't buy without trying it on. It's good that all these problems are being sorted. I'm heartened by what I see is happening elsewhere in Europe where they have put good measures to allow us to return to some sort of normal life.

Charleygirl5 Thu 28-May-20 08:50:45

Mine has been knickers and nightdresses and now I should never have to buy any again.

Only one blip, which the charity shops will like when they open again and that is a pack of 5 size 8. I think I was that size not long after I was born. Naturally, they are the ones I like most.

Elizabeth please join me- apart from food for me and my cat I am buying zilch online during June. That will be a novel experience.

SueH49 Thu 28-May-20 08:55:37

A new car, pick it up tomorrow

grannysyb Thu 28-May-20 09:23:29

Just bought 2 t shirts and a pair of shoes from John Lewis., all in their sale!

Witzend Thu 28-May-20 09:40:57

Didn’t really need cheering up but ordered a long, loose, warm-weather dress from John Lewis. It was too big, sent it back, tried to order smaller size, out of stock, grrrr.

And I don’t really do dresses - last I bought was for dd’s wedding 5 years ago and I haven’t worn it since.
Maybe I’ll save my money and not bother even when it’s back in stock.
Some nice linen trousers I’ve seen, OTOH......

craftyone Thu 28-May-20 09:46:13

I am not feeling miserable but needed to up my oomph, so I bought a dress form, it arrived and now I have bought padding and tape and lycra fabric to cover her. Another project to while away the hours. If I didn`t do something like that I would sit and eat ice cream and chocolate

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 28-May-20 09:49:05

Yep. Good old retail therapy. A couple of dresses, a handbag, books for my kindle, actual books, presents for at least three birthdays during lockdown, a beautiful coat from Seasalt...

Juicylucy Thu 28-May-20 09:52:25

I bought my 2 DDS a beautiful bunch of sweet peas each from a small company online. To help the small business and it cheered me up giving them and them up receiving. Win win.

Houndi Thu 28-May-20 09:52:56

My cousin workedcfor Justin Haywood and he and his family had a cottage on his grounds

Phloembundle Thu 28-May-20 09:53:07

Always buying online. Latest---- tepes, finch feeder and nyger seeds, also yellow ribbon, teasel seeds, trough planters, which all arrived damaged, and a kneeler to save my poor old back!

jenpax Thu 28-May-20 10:02:53

I have been buying weekly treats for the DGC in the other houses, as well as school books and a chemistry kit subscription for elder DGS whom I am home schooling in his house during lock down. I haven’t bought anything for myself yet but am going to buy some new makeup which will cheer me up.

Boolya Thu 28-May-20 10:04:35

I have treated myself to a bouquet delivered once a month for 3 months.

Noname Thu 28-May-20 10:05:31

................some local gin ?

Kartush Thu 28-May-20 10:07:33

My husband stopped at a shop to get milk and salami and bought us home made hundreds and thousands biscuits, does that count ?

Puzzler61 Thu 28-May-20 10:08:06

My naughty treats have been 2 linen tops. Couldn’t choose between the 2 colours so bought both. Much more expensive than I would usually pay - but the fit is flattering and they’re very well made. Will last for years. That’s my excuse ?

MarieEliza Thu 28-May-20 10:10:18

I met Tony Blackburn in the seventies when I was lucky enough to be one of the audience/dancing on Top of the Pops. Neil Diamond sang Cracklin Rose live. Would love to be able to watch it again If I knew how.

Hebdenali Thu 28-May-20 10:10:36

I splashed out on a lovely pair of sandals from Hobbs this month to go with my wonderful orange tote bag bought (also from Hobbs) last month to cheer myself up. I’m now hovering around the front door awaiting a Hermes delivery. Do I feel guilty.....NO....do I have shares in the company......sadly not

GrammarGrandma Thu 28-May-20 10:23:07

I am not miserable but I might have been if I hadn't ordered online at the beginning of the lockdown my usual Chanel no. 5 perfume and my Chanel regular lipstick (rouge noir).

Dollydinkum Thu 28-May-20 10:26:26

oopsminty...me too ☺️ I could never get my head round why Knights would be wearing white satin...

Moggycuddler Thu 28-May-20 10:28:08

Yes, a couple of cds and dvds. A book on Audible. And a pack of new knickers from Marks online!

BladeAnnie Thu 28-May-20 10:29:53

I fancied Justin like mad!! I saw him in the stage version of War of the Worlds and it just made me cry - he was SO good. Happy days smile x

Scottiebear Thu 28-May-20 10:31:12

Love music. Especially oldies. Never consider a music purchase something I dont need. But I did, early on in lockdown, buy a lovely coat. Didnt need another coat,but it had a temporary 40% off and I'd fancied it for a while. Its bright yellow and like the one Faith wore in Keeping Faith. And it fits lovely.

Northernandproud Thu 28-May-20 10:32:38

Ive bought books many many books, and some new mascara so when im wearing my mask my eye lashes at least look good, only problem is i don't normally wear mascara and am worried about poking my eye out, 9h and i also bought a new pair of birkenstocks in a sale, but would have bought those anyway

TwiceAsNice Thu 28-May-20 10:34:43

4 new CD’s as music really cheers me up and soothes me. Apart from that 2 T shirts in a sale before lockdown and Easter, birthday and anniversary gifts for family . Grandchildren’s and SILs birthdays were in May and daughters anniversary is first week of June.