Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Thu 28-May-20 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright blue sky over Brackley this morning.
Yesterday , received hair trimmer in the post ,and will attempt to shorten my hair a little.
I noticed via an email from someone in Northampton I know, that bus services will start to operate a normal service with restrictions with 2m seating max 11 on a single deck and 20 on a double decker .
I only hope the X5 Oxford -Cambridge extends beyond MK towards Oxford soon there again I suppose restrictions as to passenger numbers will apply .
Take Care
Mick

Nortsat Thu 28-May-20 08:22:24

BlueSapphire ... there’s an image ...sashaying down the road in rollers ... ?

Nannytopsy Thu 28-May-20 08:23:27

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Good luck with your hair Mick - you will need to look smart (or wear a hat) if you start your bus rides!
Another sunny Suffolk day which doesn’t help with the painting. I had to stop and take a break until about 4.30 yesterday because the paint was going sticky. Today I won’t start until then!
I hope you get good news Gillybob.
Have a gentl day everyone.

Lins1066 Thu 28-May-20 08:23:52

Good Morning Mick and all, it is a sunny, sparkling start on the S Welsh coast.
DH finally let me cut his hair yesterday using a comb and thinning scissors, it looks so much better and cooler for him. He wouldn't let me trim his eyebrows though. ?
Changing the beds day here too and DH will do the hoovering, light dusting for me.
Gentle hugs forMarydoll,gilly,BlueSapphire and all who need them.
Stay safe and enjoy some sunshine if you can.

Elizabeth1 Thu 28-May-20 08:28:06

Good morning everyone from sunny East Fife it’s supposed to get warmer later on today. Woohoo waiting excitedly for the first ministers briefing today it’s meant to be lifting some restrictions perhaps it’ll ease my anxieties just hope folks will adhere to her words of wisdom. I’m so tired this morning must get a nap today. Round the back of my house gets very hot as the day goes on thankfully the front part of my house gets very cool therefore I’ve got the best of both worlds in the warm weather.I’m so enjoying the videos of my grandchildren at their sports day yesterday where they’ve ran an obstacle race around their house having great fun. A few trips and spills come to mind thankfully no injuries. Mum and dad are to be commended for their ingenuity. Have a good day everyone keep safe and have fun as best you can smile

Purplepixie Thu 28-May-20 08:28:59

Good morning from a sunny East Midlands.

DH out food shopping right now and I am having my breakfast. I’m not sure how I am going to adapt when life goes back to “normal”.

I’m quite annoyed with myself this morning as I had ordered some seeds a while ago and didnt notice that they came from CHINA! What is going on? Don’t we have plenty of seeds in this country? I tried to cancel but they said it was too late. They arrived yesterday and I am puzzled. The advert said over 2000 seeds and my own common sense should have told me that the price was too low. What arrived was about 10 seeds that all look too big for the type of flowers that I ordered. Also they were in a small package and on the outside it said “earring studs”!!!!!!! What the hell is going on? I certainly wont be planting these but I will be trying to contact Amazon today. Sorry for the rant but I am annoyed with myself as well as Amazon.

Stay safe and have the best day that you can. Sending love to everyone who is suffering in one way or another today. Take care. X

Bellasnana Thu 28-May-20 08:29:09

Good morning from Malta where it is bright and sunny after the storm we had yesterday. It didn’t last long but rained enough to turn streets into rivers for a while, and washed the dust away.

Haven’t a clue what to do today. You all seem to be changing your sheets but I did mine not long ago so don’t think I will joining in grin

Good luck with the hair trimmer, Mick. I’m sure you already know this, but there are some good tutorials on YouTube which show you how to do it. I know because I did DS’s last week! I was scared stiff but didn’t do a bad job if I do say so myself.

Have the best day possible dear friends. ☀️

kittylester Thu 28-May-20 08:30:13

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

A busy day ahead for me - cleaner coming, phone call about restarting volunteering and a Sainsbury's click and collect this pm. Then the last clap!!

We will organise a weekly neighbour's drinks thing instead, I think, as we all enjoy the chat.

Thinking of gilly.

Greyduster Thu 28-May-20 08:44:20

Good morning Michael and all GNs. I thought I had posted on Thursday’s GM thread, and it turned out to be Wednesday’s! How on earth did that happen?
Its going to be a hot one in South Yorkshire today. My hay fever was an absolute mare yesterday. Nothing seemed to touch it. We are planning to go for a walk round one of our upland reservoirs today, but it is quite remote so there will probably be no-one to sneeze on except the sheep!
Have a good day folks.

Grammaretto Thu 28-May-20 08:55:10

Good morning Mick and all from the Scottish Borders. Another dry day and warm enough to stay out most of the day.
Had you thought of a ponytail Michael? I don't suppose elastic bands are easy to get hold of. Good luck with the hair trimmers.
My hair is a hedge.

I planted out the sweetpeas yesterday and strung up the peas. I have a proper vegetable garden for the first time in years. We are already eating the lettuces. We eat the outer leaves to stop them going to seed.

Whatever Nicola says today, we aren't going anywhere, but it will be a boost for morale here in Scotland.

I hope you are feel better today Marydoll after a rest.
I will be interested to hear your reply from that bank Gilly

Thanks for telling me it was Mauritious grandMattie I had friends who worked out there in the 1970s and we wrote to them and had beautiful letters and photos back.
Hope you all have a good day.

Pittcity Thu 28-May-20 08:55:48

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Off to Lidl in a moment then no plans until we join family online to do Jay's quiz after the last clap.

Mapleleaf Thu 28-May-20 08:56:10

Good morning all,

Greyduster is right, it's going to be another warm day here.
I've got my Pilates class in half an hour or so by which time the washing in the machine will be ready to go on the line and the next load can go in.

So glad you had a good day yesterday, BlueSapphire. You achieved a lot, more than me as I felt quite lazy yesterday once I'd made the pie (which was a success, I'm pleased to report). Your recount of still having your rollers in made me smile. I bet your hair looked lovely when you combed it out, though. ?

I haven't read all the posts yet, so will catch up later, but wish you all a pleasant day. Take care and stay safe. ?

Anniebach Thu 28-May-20 08:58:24

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

whywhywhy Thu 28-May-20 09:08:47

Good morning from Market Harborough. Sending love and hugs to you all and stay safe and sane.

gillybob Thu 28-May-20 09:08:53

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a bright start to Thursday.

Is my dads birthday today . He is 82 but looks about 10 years younger . Lucky thing. My sister inherited his genes whereas I got my poor late mums side of the genetic coin.

I was up really early again this morning after tossing and turning most of the night . Made myself a cup of tea at around 6 and then must’ve dropped off again when I woke this a start at just before 8am.

Wages day for the lads today (thursdays seem to come around so fast these days ) so I will be popping into “that place” then will double back and call over to see my dad for a social distancing visit to wish him a Happy Birthday .

That magic letter from Barclays still hasn’t arrived . I bet everyone is excited to know what it says grin

Hope everyone has a good Thursday . Will catch up on the previous posts now .

Love Gillybob x

Susan56 Thu 28-May-20 09:11:17

Good morning from another bright sunny day on the Shropshire border.

Another day of gardening this morning then reading this afternoon and then the last clap this evening.

Mary I have to plant ideas with my husband too.I am planning new conservatory furniture when Henry goes to nursery in two years and have already sowed the first seeds of the idea!

Have a good day all and stay safe.

gillybob Thu 28-May-20 09:19:03

Blimey you’re planning well ahead Susan56 grin

I only hope you get to give him a big hug before then !

brook2704 Thu 28-May-20 09:26:46

Happy Birthday to your dad gilly I hope you both enjoy seeing each other ! ???

SusieB50 Thu 28-May-20 09:31:45

Good morning from East London , the sun has come through the cloud now , so another lovely day . Still waiting for the council to collect the dead fox . It now Is in 4 black bags as it was beginning to smell . I need to call them this morning again I think. I will walk to my SiL later today to take her the raisins I received in my order to replace the missing cooking chocolate . I already have plenty of sultanas and raisins .Last clap tonight , it was beginning to wane here so probably time . I heard yesterday that one of my son’s friends who is a paramedic , one of his team died of Covid 19 aged 42 , no underlying health issues Such a loss.

grannysyb Thu 28-May-20 09:32:38

Bright and sunny here, DH is rotovating his proposed orchard plot on the allotment this morning. Zoom meeting for me with upholstery friends this morning, and will try to deal with more of the front garden this afternoon. Hope letter arrives for Gillybob today. Have a good day everyone.

Susan56 Thu 28-May-20 09:34:37

I hope so gilly???

It’s a skill honed after many years of practice!It will be a piece of cake getting the furniture after two years of dropped hints.Probably drop H off at nursery and straight to the furniture shop?

gillgran Thu 28-May-20 09:49:36

Good Morning from a sunny Cambs.,

Mick, hope all goes well with your hair trimming, We are waiting for the arrival of the thing I ordered, to tidy my DH.

BlueSapphire, you reminded me, I'm sure I've still got some hair-rollers, that may be a solution for my own hair,(fine, thin, limp, all it's get-up-&-go, has gone.!!)

A Spitfire is flying between Duxford & Cambridge tonight, during what may be the final 8pm. clap. Love to see that, although we may be a bit too far north.

Have as good a day as possible folks. x

mancgirl Thu 28-May-20 10:06:02

Good morning from sunny Manchester. How much easier does it make these days? Gc number 3 is due today. We don't know what we're having, so extra exciting. Flights to Spain available in July. We are thinking we will book but need to be sure I can get back. Don't want a repeat of March when we struggled to get back home. We will keep an eye on how the virus pans out and make a decision then. Do miss it. Baking some cakes this morning, started a new book yesterday so will read that in the garden. On standby for child mining in case baby arrives anytime soon! Have a good day everyone. ((( hugs))) for those who need oneflowers for those with extra worries. Gillybob hope the letter arrives with good news.

mancgirl Thu 28-May-20 10:07:09

Child mining?? ?. Minding.!

BladeAnnie Thu 28-May-20 10:07:19

Good morning from a beautifully sunny mid-Notts. I've just had a phone call from DD1 - her father-in-law's twin brother died of a heart attack at home last night. He was only 58 and had not been ill at all. What makes it worse is only 3 weeks ago her mother-in-law lost her sister although she was very unwell and on end of life care so they were expecting it. So much sadness for them sad. Stay safe everyone and may Thursday be kind to us all x

Puzzler61 Thu 28-May-20 10:15:39

Ahh, exciting time for you mancgirl , hope the birth goes well whenever it happens. ?
My goddaughter has just spent a week in hospital on a non- Covid ward and got excellent care and attention despite the enormous pressure on the Nhs right now.