Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Thu 28-May-20 06:09:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another bright blue sky over Brackley this morning.
Yesterday , received hair trimmer in the post ,and will attempt to shorten my hair a little.
I noticed via an email from someone in Northampton I know, that bus services will start to operate a normal service with restrictions with 2m seating max 11 on a single deck and 20 on a double decker .
I only hope the X5 Oxford -Cambridge extends beyond MK towards Oxford soon there again I suppose restrictions as to passenger numbers will apply .
Take Care
Mick

Gelisajams Thu 28-May-20 10:47:47

Good morning from a lovely sunny Morecambe Bay from where we are just back from our 5 mile walk.
We met someone we know from the village who we haven’t seen since March and had a good long natter/catch up from either side of the canal towpath. I had arranged to FaceTime DS2 at 9:30 but realised we wouldn’t be back so I had to struggle in sunlight to text him. Don’t know what it said because I couldn’t see the screen properly. Hope it made sense to him.
Got a surprise visit from DH’s sister yesterday. We sat in the garden talking across our permitted 2meters for a good couple of hours.
Apart from the very brief visit to my son for his birthday we haven’t seen anyone to speak to in the flesh since March as I do all my gardening arrangements over the phone. It seems strange having had 2 proper conversations in as many days.
Take care everyone and keep safe?

mancgirl Thu 28-May-20 11:31:05

Thank you Puzzler smile

Mollygo Thu 28-May-20 11:32:19

Good morning all from sunny Lancashire. Click and collect paint this morning so the kitchen paintwork will look so much better by tonight. It almost looked good enough after the undercoat.
Sorry to hear your bad news BladeAnnie. That must have been a real shock. I hope you and the rest of your family stay safe.

BladeAnnie Thu 28-May-20 11:39:39

Thank you Mollygo for your kind words - it just brings home how precious and fragile life is and we really can't take anything for granted x

Kalu Thu 28-May-20 11:43:15

Good morning all from a bright and warm Glasgow. I went to sleep at 11pm last night and only woke up half an hour ago! Strange days and strange sleep patterns. Anyhoo, it is what it is.

I don’t think Nicola’s plan will apply to us 70+ just yet. I went round to our local shops yesterday, not busy and those who where there complied to social distancing and wearing masks.
I’m not ready to change too much too soon.

I treated myself to a Babyliss Hot air rotating hairdryer Marydoll. Only wish I had bought one sooner. My hair was dry in no time and even looked quite professionally done?
Big plus was no pain in my shoulders (calcific tendonitis).
You’re worth it!?

Another day pottering in the garden and lunch al fresco.

Have the best day you can everyone.

CherryCezzy Thu 28-May-20 11:59:38

Good morning, just, everyone. Glorious weather we've having here in the Gower ?

Mick, I hope the new trimmer is better than the first one you got. I echo others who have said YouTube has some good videos.

BlueSapphire, your walk whilst not realising you still had your rollers in reminded me of a neighbour we used to have, Mrs L. When the weather was good she used to sit for a while in the garden with her rollers in. She didn't care if other people looked at her oddly. She did it, she said, because she always had better, softer results ?. Her hair always looked lovely afterwards.

It must be quite sobering to see queues at the food bank so early Mythbirthdragon. According to my volunteer the local food bank has been opening earlier and twice a week instead of the once it used to. She also told me that a couple of weeks ago another opened only a few miles away. So sad and so wrong!

gillybob, in a way I'm not surprised you didn't receive the letter from Barclays today, they invariably send these things second class and I think that's really mean. ?for you.

Done more washing this morning and this afternoon I will have my "interview" about my life "living with epilepsy" for the anthology the epilepsy support worker is writing for the all Wales epilepsy charity. Should be interesting as I've got quite a story to tell!

Look after yourselves everyone ❤️

CherryCezzy Thu 28-May-20 12:01:14

BladeAnnie ?

Feelingmyage55 Thu 28-May-20 12:01:20

Good morning. At last the wind in the north of Scotland has calmed down. I am going out in the car for the second time since the beginning of lockdown to collect an order from the local farm shop. They will put it in the car while I stand at the other side of the car park. I am ridiculously excited and apprehensive but there is chocolate in the order as a carrot. Take care all.

Urmstongran Thu 28-May-20 12:09:33

That news is so sad BladeAnnie your extended family must be in bits.

Bet you’re on tenterhooks right now Mancgirl! I hope all goes well it’s an exciting time.

I’d been looking at those ‘Babyliss’ heated brushes too. They’re not cheap but if it meant I could forgo my weekly blow wave at a salon it would soon pay for itself Marydoll. And your recommendation Kalu has helped me decide to get one when I go home - whenever that is.

Urmstongran Thu 28-May-20 12:10:40

Is the chocolate in disguise then Feelingmyage?
?

Kalu Thu 28-May-20 14:00:55

You won’t regret it Urmstongran. I put off buying one thinking, another gimmick. I am so pleased with the results that also means no more blow dry appointments more than justifies the price??. I bought mine from Amazon.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 28-May-20 17:33:48

urmston. Worse. There was no chocolate left?
Friday delivery but I don’t think I can summon the courage to go back out again so soon. Might have to see if A*** sells “carrots” ?