Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(61 Posts)
12Michael Mon 01-Jun-20 06:12:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry and sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day , some housework TV, DVD`s later but we are now in week 11 of lockdown.
And some of the thoughts of travel on the buses scares me , but I think with shops due to reopen in 2 weeks and a gradual opening of other facilities , will not be happy until the daily figure total is low double figures , with seeing things on TV with Bournemouth why try and control something , or is the government unable to get message across or have they failed .
Take Care
Mick

ninathenana Mon 01-Jun-20 08:22:23

Good morning, yet another sunny day in Kent.
We have to take the cat for his booster this morning. I think we have to ring when we arrive and leave him on the doorstep and they will take him in whilst we wait in the car.
The fox cubs were having fun in our garden last night at dusk. Sadly only four where there were six.They were around for ages.
Stay safe, lets not get complacent.

grannysyb Mon 01-Jun-20 08:23:23

Lovely and sunny here, need to go to the allotment and water, hard work as we don't have taps, we have to pump the water! Need to do a shop and do some ironing.

Susan56 Mon 01-Jun-20 08:28:40

Good morning from the Shropshire borders where it’s another sunny start but quite breezy.

Thank you for DH’s birthday wishes,he had a lovely day as did I as we saw both daughters and families.Lots of cake for him as DD1 had made him a birthday cake too.

Nannytopsy,I too am worrying that the easing of lockdown is being driven by business needs although more and more people seem to be doing whatever they want regardless of consequences.The number of people crowded in parks and on beaches at the weekend was unbelievable.

I have a long list of chores and phone calls today as I took the weekend off!Also food delivery later on.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

harrigran Mon 01-Jun-20 08:29:25

Good morning from the NE where it is fairly bright.
Yesterday didn't really happen for me, went back to bed after breakfast and slept until lunch, went back to bed and slept until four o' clock. Apparently it was a nice day and everyone had people in their gardens but it passed me by.
BIL still critically ill and my sister was allowed into ICU to see him, not a thing we can do to help.

Stay safe and don't take risks.

Brunette10 Mon 01-Jun-20 08:38:37

Good Morning from a beautiful day here in Fife. As Marydoll said this is probably our summer we've been experiencing these last few weeks I cannot see this weather continuing through the next 2/3 months, unheard of in Scotland. I have thought on many occasions recently if the lockdown had been through the Autumn or Winter time goodness knows how we would have all felt, absolutely miserable I believe.

For normal on a day like today we would have been venturing out with a picnic to a beauty spot somewhere and although I know we could prob do this somewhere very close to us we will stay at home as NS has advised. It's a good job we like our own back garden wink.Some open markets are returning to trade down south, I hope this is safe to do so and it's turning point for everyone. Keep safe everyone and keep your chin up.

Puzzler61 Mon 01-Jun-20 08:41:30

?for you harrigran, what an awful time for you. I have a sister who I’m very close to and I would feel devastated and helpless like you. Try and find something nice to take your mind off things today. Take care ?

Lins1066 Mon 01-Jun-20 08:44:51

Good Morning Mick and all from the S Welsh coast, blue sky and sunshine here. Difficult to sleep last night despite the open windows, as it was so warm.
We had a delivery from Morrisons yesterday afternoon, boy was it hot washing everything on our 'contamination table' on the patio.
Nothing much planned today, we will see what happens.
Hope you have a better day today harrigran it's tough for you and your family at the moment.
Stay safe everyone.

Pittcity Mon 01-Jun-20 08:48:59

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Warm and dry again. Washing and ironing is on the agenda. No need to go any further than the garden.
Much love to all... Stay Alert!

EllanVannin Mon 01-Jun-20 08:49:12

Good Morning All x
How I love waking up to these sunny bright days, they definitely give a reason to live and I'd be more than happy to enjoy them until winter.smile

Bits of washing to get done then it's all up to date----wear it wash it, that's me, then I'll make the most of the sun on my skin.

Chop up the rest of the chicken from yesterday and a quick " chicken tonight " honey and mustard sauce and bake in the oven with more new pots and broccoli. The cats will have the rest because I won't eat chicken beyond two days.

It sounded like New York yesterday for in the distance sirens were going constantly so what was going on I don't know except that because I'm close to a beach there'd have been crowds milling around and the odd few causing mischief. It broke the lovely silence that's been evident for weeks.

There's nothing like a good thunderstorm for clearing the air Urmston so let's hope that the rest of the time is more settled as I'm sure it will be. Enjoy your stroll. x

Not sure if I'll see/hear from D today though I know she's busy with the children and don't like to pester her unless it's necessary, she's got enough on her plate.

No crumpets so I'll have a bacon sandwich for brekkie, then I'll nip out and get some more while the going's good---nice and early after delivery of them.

Hope this finds everyone well and rearing to go grin ,where ? There's always the garden. Stay safe xx

whywhywhy Mon 01-Jun-20 08:50:30

Good morning from a sunny Market Harborough. Moving day is getting nearer, thank goodness.

Anniebach Mon 01-Jun-20 08:54:49

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

mancgirl Mon 01-Jun-20 08:55:08

Good morning from sunny Manchester. No baby news yet! Off for a walk this morning with a girlfriend. Be lovely to have a chat and catch up. It's been ages. There are only so many conversations I can have with Mr Manc when out walking for the last 10 weeks??. Have a good day everyone. (((hugs))) for those who need themflowersfor those with extra worries and wobbles.

SusieB50 Mon 01-Jun-20 08:59:44

Good morning everyone from EastLondon . What beautiful weather , but would like some rain now please maybe over the next few nights ! I have awful hay fever with a wheezy cough ! I panicked a bit yesterday but then I also had itching eyes and ears no temperature .... Think everyone is so tuned into Covid 19 . Slept heavily with antihistamine and woke with a thick head but no itch !
Not much planned today , I need to chase up the non receipt of my late DH Civil service pension . They haven’t even responded to my emails ?.

GrannySomerset Mon 01-Jun-20 09:03:40

Pale blue cloudless sky in North Somerset and another day with little planned, though a friend is calling in for a socially distanced coffee in the garden and I need to ring one or two friends to see how they are faring.

DS sent us an afternoon tea pack (just add scones) and am hoping a friend who hasn’t been beyond her own drive since mid-March will feel able to come and share it in the garden soon. She is not particularly vulnerable but did have a bad pneumonia some years ago and her GP son insisted on caution.

Thinking as always of Gillybob, Marydoll the indomitable, dragonfly and all those finding all this too much.

Mapleleaf Mon 01-Jun-20 09:22:25

Good morning,

Another beautiful day in store by the looks of it.

A few jobs to be done around the house, but they won't take long, then I think I'll read my book in the garden for a while, and go for a walk. No other plans, other than water the plants!

Keep safe and take care.

gillybob Mon 01-Jun-20 09:24:23

Good morning from the NE coast where we have cold, thick fog rolling in from the North Sea. The fog horn has been sounding all night . It eventually burned off yesterday so perhaps the same today .

I had a long chat with my son last night who seems a bit calmer than he was, following the terrible news that they are losing their home soon, which has come as a awful shock to them . I feel so sorry for the children as they have lived there now since 2011 and have all made friends . It sounds awful to say this (and I didn’t need to say it to him, he already knew) but I could see it coming from day one, it just lasted longer than we thought.

I left the house early this morning after an almost sleepless night (I could easily get addicted to Night Nurse) and am now installed in “this place” where I am having a catch up with mail etc. Hoping to leave around lunch time and do a bit from home .

Hoping to hear something from the bank today but not holding my breath .

I hope your new baby arrives soon mancgirl smile

Hope Monday is kind to us all .

Love Gillybob x

Gelisajams Mon 01-Jun-20 09:39:27

Good morning from a clear sunny Morecambe from where we are just back from our walk. We extended it a bit this morning - I must be getting fitter. Off to garden for a lady before it gets too hot and will do an hour in the churchyard if it’s still cool enough. At some point I’ll squeeze in a Pilates video but little else planned. I really have done all those outstanding jobs now!
Still thinking of Gilly and her multiple problems? and all who are experiencing difficulties of any description. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Purplepixie Mon 01-Jun-20 09:51:31

Good morning from a lovely warm and sunny East Midlands.

A bit of baking today to replenish the cupboards, doing a bit of tapestry and having a G&T.

Stay safe and sane. Lots of love to you all.x

Susan56 Mon 01-Jun-20 09:53:32

So sorry to hear your son and his family are losing their home gilly.Terrible at anytime but somehow even worse at this time.I hope they are able to find another house they are happy with and that they can make into a lovely home
and that the children are able to stay at the same schools.

Blue Sapphire thinking of you?and Cherry?
Grandmafrench,hope you are ok and also NanKate and NannyJan.
Why,I hope your move goes smoothly?

Megs36 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:09:46

Maybe trying a walk out today after 11weeks inside, I think I am more apprehensive than my husband who is the shielded one!!

Mollygo Mon 01-Jun-20 10:16:50

Good morning from sunny Lancashire. Biggest worry today is my DD whose school opens today for 270 children plus key worker children. She’s put in place all the recommendations but it’s still a nightmare. It’s been worrying all through lock down as many key workers work in hospitals and go home to their children, who then go into school, but now there will be much bigger numbers!
Glad Lancashire said they don’t have to go back yet.
Off for a walk before it gets too hot. Stay safe.

gillgran Mon 01-Jun-20 10:19:38

Another bright, sunny, very warm morning in Cambs.,
We really could do with some rain, (overnight, please!), the garden is parched, water butts empty.

Brook, our youngest DGD's nursery starts back today,(also in Cambridge), Our DD & SIL, uncertain about sending her yet.
Their year 1, DD's school starts Thursday, that school has lots of plans in place, so they seemed happier about that one, although that school breaks up for summer, end June/early July.

Gillybob, Is that fog what we (further south coast, (in Wash),) would call a "sea fret".?
Thinking of you, during your many concerns.flowers

Take care, all you good folk.x

BladeAnnie Mon 01-Jun-20 10:27:16

Good morning from a sunny mid-Notts. I must get myself back upstairs to change the bedding but another cuppa was calling. Not sure whether it will be macaroni cheese or carbonara with tagliatelle tonight? I've got a face time call at 11 with a good friend - it will be good to have a proper chat. Stay safe everyone and may Monday be kind to us all x

JenniferEccles Mon 01-Jun-20 10:29:42

How upsetting for your son and his family gillybob but has he tried applying for a mortgage ‘holiday’?

I believe most lenders are giving people three months break from payment until they get back on their feet.

gillybob Mon 01-Jun-20 10:32:32

He doesn’t own the house JenniferEccles he rents .