Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(61 Posts)
12Michael Mon 01-Jun-20 06:12:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry and sunny start here in Brackley this morning.
Usual day , some housework TV, DVD`s later but we are now in week 11 of lockdown.
And some of the thoughts of travel on the buses scares me , but I think with shops due to reopen in 2 weeks and a gradual opening of other facilities , will not be happy until the daily figure total is low double figures , with seeing things on TV with Bournemouth why try and control something , or is the government unable to get message across or have they failed .
Take Care
Mick

gillybob Mon 01-Jun-20 10:34:17

Yes gillgran a “sea fret” but a bloomin’ chilly one at that . It’s strange because when I drive less than half a mile inland, it’s a beautiful warm and sunny day. The price we pay for living on the coast I suppose .

JenniferEccles Mon 01-Jun-20 10:50:44

Isn’t it the same for renters Gilly, to protect people from being evicted?

Maybe the owner wants to sell the house though.

It must be such a wrench to have felt the house is home then having to settle elsewhere.

gillybob Mon 01-Jun-20 11:01:38

And there you have it JenniferEccles sad

JenniferEccles Mon 01-Jun-20 11:09:10

So sorry gillybob
No wonder your son has been so upset recently.

Is there much in the way of properties to rent in his area?
Ideally he would want to find a landlord who wants a very long let, but it depends on availability and how much choice your son and his family have.

Kalu Mon 01-Jun-20 11:23:55

Good morning all from another sunshine day in Glasgow which means another shady day for us?. Forecast of 24/25 deg and calm will be one of those rare inconsistent days we haven’t had enough of to acclimatise to. Not complaining as I love sunny days.

Had a delivery of plant, grow bags and compost yesterday so a busy day ahead and a balmy evening could well find me pottering in the garden until 10pm.

Sorry to hear you have more troubles gilly.

Have the best day you can everyone.

dragonfly46 Mon 01-Jun-20 11:32:11

Gosh Gilly can it get any worse. I do hope your DS finds somewhere to live soon. I don't suppose the council can help as that would be a good long term solution. This is not good for his mental health or yours.
Have you heard from Barclays yet? Even second class post should have arrived by now.
Sending you hugs and flowers

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 01-Jun-20 11:40:29

Morning everyone from a bright and sunny South Notts, where we've a bit of a breeze to cool things down a bit.
Washed my hair and managed to style it all right after chopping it short with the dressmaking scissors last week, and if I say so myself it looks pretty good which was certainly not the case beforehand. As in the song by Nina Simone, 'I'm feeling good' - funny how something so trivial is so effective in the mood department.

I hope things get better for those of you with troubles, especially Gilly as you have so much to worry about, too much on your plate can really get you down sometimes, can't it?

flowers for all those with worries.

Grandmafrench Mon 01-Jun-20 11:51:48

Good Morning Everyone !

Blue and sunny and we are off for a picnic - avoiding the beach and the rules and, in any event, not allowed any activity which is not 'dynamic' - i.e. strictly walking, running or swimming. Proper exercise and people constantly moving will, presumably , allow the authorities to monitor the social distancing and stop a huge logjam of people just lolling about and pretending that Covid 19 is history. We shall see. Meanwhile, we shall drive out to a country view and where it's a bit cooler and enjoy an impromptu lunch munch !

Thank you for thinking of me susan. Got onto the Forum terribly late and decided that most sensible people would be well into their day and not interested in my non-doings here in France. Yes, we are well here - of course, we haven't had the opportunity of a wonderful cake fest with birthday excuses. grin I bet the weekend was pretty special this year for your whole family and was worth the wait. A belated many Happy Returns to Mr Susan !

I remember a monster sea fret in the summer of '76. We finally gave up on the heat and headed for the Norfolk coast. The first glimpse of the sea we had after a long drive with two impatient children from the middle of Hertfordshire was thick fog. We sat on the beach, wrapped in towels, ate our food, marvelled at the grey wintry weather and then got back in the car and headed home to blazing sunshine all the way! Isn't Nature wonderful!

Have a good Monday all, if you can. All with struggles, pain or sadness I'm sending sympathetic hugs and good wishes that all will come right again very soon.

Feelingmyage55 Mon 01-Jun-20 11:56:47

Good morning from sunny Scotland. Having brunch in the garden now that the necessities are done - the bare necessities - as there is no one to see how thoroughly or not, I am dusting and vacuuming. gillybob I hope the Local Authorities can help your son’s family.
The builders and joiners are all back at work here. I sense a real change in the activity level.

EllanVannin Mon 01-Jun-20 12:08:48

Blimey Gilly, you could do with a big win on the lottery. As if you hadn't got troubles enough. x
I bet there'll be a few up the creak by the time this is over. What a prospect !
Children are pretty resilient if these things are explained to them where there are pressures and misfortunes in the household. As long as everyone sticks together children will come to no harm.