Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Wed 03-Jun-20 06:22:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and cooler start here in Brackley at the moment also its dry.
Today , hopefully que up at Waitrose , get a few things , then return and lockdown for rest of the day.
It still remains quite locally where I am , seeing little movement of people.
Take Care
Mick

gillgran Wed 03-Jun-20 10:13:35

ElanVannin, So sorry to hear about you GGD, I do hope that she gets the help that she needs.
Our middle GD is also 11 years old, she is our "special" one, with problems. I know how challenging it's been for our DS & family, as no school since the lockdown started.
We thought we had problems, but nothing to compare with you & your family.
Thinking of you with kindness. flowers

Auntieflo Wed 03-Jun-20 10:16:25

Good morning Mick, Annie and all from a very much cooler bit of Berks.
It is still dry here, but I think we may get some rain later.

EllanVannin, so sorry to hear about your GGD. Wishing her and all the family a good outcome.
Clever Scentia and her DIY skills. (her grass looks like ours) ?
Our trip to the tip went well yesterday. I thought there would be queues, but no. Really well organised.
Sending good wishes to all who are unwell or struggling recently.
I haven't kept up with all the news, but am creeping back, slowly.
Have a good day one and all.

Sar53 Wed 03-Jun-20 10:34:17

Grandmafrench just wanted to say thank you for telling me where you are in France. We very much like the area around Perpignan. DH is retiring soon so watch this space.

Grandmafrench Wed 03-Jun-20 10:41:05

You’re welcome, Sar. Good luck with any new life plans - he’ll wonder how he ever found the time to work?.

Grandmafrench Wed 03-Jun-20 10:41:41

EllanV Have PM’d you.

Grandmafrench Wed 03-Jun-20 10:43:58

AuntieFlo A Trip To The Tip.......we’ve got an appointment tomorrow. We seriously know how to enjoy ourselves, eh? ?

Grandmafrench Wed 03-Jun-20 10:45:30

Marydoll. Amazing. Thank you for the info. We have iPhonery in our family, but I’ve learned something today.

Sar53 Wed 03-Jun-20 11:02:05

Ellanvannin what a very difficult situation for you poor GGD and for you all as a family. I hope things are resolved quickly as to some kind of treatment flowers.

dragonfly46 Wed 03-Jun-20 11:06:26

Ellen so sorry to hear about your DGGD. That poor little girl sent away from her family - I could weep for her. I do hope they find a better solution quickly. So upsetting for her Mum too especially so soon after losing her DH.
Hugs for you too flowers.

Sar I too would love to live in France. We used to camp there every year - our favourite spot was Argentat in the upper Dordogne valley away from the crowds.

Kalu Wed 03-Jun-20 11:09:45

Good morning from a much cooler Glasgow.

We have discovered a Stonechat nest in our hedge where DH’s car was parked on the drive yesterday. We discovered this as one was sitting on the wing mirror pecking at the car. Another on a lamp post and both making a racket. They wanted the car moved and when DH obliged, all was quiet?

My post has been interrupted with phone calls so I wish everyone the best day possible.

mrswoo Wed 03-Jun-20 11:17:38

Well, it started raining here in Newcastle yesterday evening and we woke up to more rain this morning. It's not cold just grey and cheerless after all that sun. I've just finished an hour of online Zumba and feel a bit done in now! Think a lazy day is on the cards.
Scentia I admire your creativity and your energy. I would love a swing.
EllenV I was so sorry to read about your DGGD. I do hope things improve for her and for your family.flowers

Sewing Bee tonight woohoo!

Auntieflo Wed 03-Jun-20 12:22:40

GrandmaFrench. Oh we know how to live it up here ?
I have just made myself a bean bag for my Ipad.
Now what to do with myself.
I looked at the kitchen floor, then turned my back on it.

Taichinan Wed 03-Jun-20 12:41:06

Hello and good afternoon Mick and all who followed. It's really cold on the Angus coast with the wind blowing straight out of the Arctic Circle. Mick I'm glad it's still quiet in the streets around you - the easing of lockdown makes me nervous. It's still quiet here too with only the occasional walker in sight. I can see the bridge into the town from here and there's very little traffic. According to the papers, though, the beaches were crowded out on Sunday and the litter left behind was disgusting. Why do people do that? Scentia, you dual purpose swing frame is fantastic. Clever lady! Urmston I loved hearing about yesterday's walk - you deserve that after all those weeks in your tiny flat. Newquay it sounds as if your neighbour has rather lost the plot. Do you think she is developing dementia? Does she have any family you could contact? Very difficult situation for you. I had a wonderful surprise today from my DD - a photo card of her and her own two DDs. I howled my eyes out!! A release of all the tension I didn't know I was holding I suppose. They have come through such a hard time since her husband died unexpectedly four years ago and I'm so proud and admiring of them. ???

Grammaretto Wed 03-Jun-20 12:58:31

A trip to the tip! Apparently (and I only know the gossip) there were queues yesterday blocking the main road as the tip was so busy. Police had to be called. Another place with 5 mile queues was IKEA. Really? on that most beautiful sunny day why would people sit in a car and wait to go to either of those places?

I hope your DGGD is all right. EllanVannin I went to boarding school and most of the children were fine there. One or two were not but I don't think they would have been any better at home because their homes were unhappy ones.

Brunette10 Wed 03-Jun-20 13:05:10

EllanVannin - so sorry to hear your news. How heartbreaking for you all. flowers

Taichinan Wed 03-Jun-20 13:21:54

Haven't finished reading this thread yet, but I must just tell you this before I forget. I celebrated my 18th birthday nearly 61 years ago, but yesterday I had to show proof that I was over 18 before my parcel (which contained a mezzaluna) could be handed over!! I mean, honestly ...... Anyway, he accepted my Senior Rail Card. Phew!

dragonfly46 Wed 03-Jun-20 13:24:48

grin Taichinan

GranEd Wed 03-Jun-20 14:17:50

Have to admit to being thick Taichinan ...... didn’t know what a mezzaluna was. ?
Thank goodness for Google ?!
Still raining here in the NE. ☂️

Taichinan Wed 03-Jun-20 14:48:27

GranEd I didn't know the name of that curvy thing for cutting herbs either. But then of course - I'm so young ??

Taichinan Wed 03-Jun-20 14:56:30

EllanVannin I too am so sorry to hear of your GGD' problems and also the loss of her daddy. Some people have the hardest journey through life. But at least now something is being done which must bring a little relief to you all. So hard though. ??

GranEd Wed 03-Jun-20 16:19:19

Taichinan you and me both.?

Scentia Wed 03-Jun-20 21:53:55

EV I work in similar ‘centres’ and your DGGD will be well cared for and will still have contact with your DGD. Your DGGD needs her family to be her voice now and make sure she gets ALL the therapy she needs❤️

The swing was easy to make I just bought the brackets as a kit and then ordered the logs, bolted them all together and there you are.
My lawn is artificial btw. I know that is a talking point on here, so don’t often mention that!!!?