Gransnet forums

Chat

Miserable people.

(61 Posts)
MissTree Thu 04-Jun-20 14:21:37

God there are some miseries on here !

Doesn’t matter what the thread is about in they come with their criticisms . Experts at finding something to complain about. Has someone left out a comma or heaven forbid added a space before the comma .
Then there are those who are like counsels for the prosecution demanding to know the evidence for your opinion.

I’m waiting for the dogpiling. Who will be first to tell me that if I don’t like it I know what I can do. Yes . I do know .

I wondered at first if we all get like this as we get old . Is it a progression from menopause / andropause to gerontopause ? ( I made that last one up ).

But no it doesn’t always follow . There are many kind people on here. And a few very funny people . Lots of helpful people . And reflective people who lighten up my days. I see some names and really look forward to their posts or threads.

I have learned a lot from Gn and had many a good book recommendation which is where I started on here. So I guess I’m going to keep going.

Well ! I feel better after that. What do you think ?

BlueSky Thu 04-Jun-20 14:26:43

Exactly as you say Miss Tree! grin

Teetime Thu 04-Jun-20 14:28:52

Yep I agree. I juts dont think its helpful even to oneself to be so negative. As I have said before a good debate is one things, constant carping is something else. DH and I are doing our best to keep each other upbeat and not worrying our families that we are sad not to see them they know that and feel the same. We have neighbours who are flouting the rules but its not our business so we dont worry about it. Stay cheery MissTree flowers

paddyanne Thu 04-Jun-20 14:29:12

I'm not miserable ,honest,I am passionate about some things and will fight my corner for them for as long as I can breathe.
Apart from those I'm the most laid back person on the planet ,love my music,food the people in my life ,my amazing OH and my kids and GC ,the greatest of gifts .I try to avoid the folk on here who irritate me the most,maybe you should do the same .
Type what you would answer and then DELETE it ,it gets it out of your system and keeps you out of the arguement when you'd rather not be involved .

Alima Thu 04-Jun-20 14:36:13

Blimey MissTree, you been on bravery pills?
There do seem to be all sorts on here, miseries, black-catters, those who want a fight, anyone will do. Some who know best about everything. Some who see the funny side, handy when times are had. Some wise old or youngish heads. Some very fair sounding people who don’t shout but their opinion is worth a lot. Bit of a mush-mash really.

Galaxy Thu 04-Jun-20 14:37:25

Being angry, sad, happy, content are all parts of being human, there is nothing wrong with any of those emotions.

MissTree Thu 04-Jun-20 14:43:06

You’re right, paddyanne. To feel passion about something is a great thing .

There are more of the - for want of a better word - ‘nice’ people on here than the others. And I do avoid stuff I don’t like. I can’t be bothered to argue much though it does happen ?. I recognise that Gn is a safe place to rant when you need to .
My husband once said to me!” Why do you spend so much time on negatives ?” ( or words to that effect) . So I looked it up on a psychology forum and apparently if there’s a problem the brain wants to sort it but if all is ok it doesn’t need a mention.

I think what I mean by miserable people is those who give you a one liner like’ well switch it off then’ or those who dismiss someone’s feelings.

MissTree Thu 04-Jun-20 14:45:03

Yes Alima . I knew it was a risky one !

FarNorth Thu 04-Jun-20 14:49:06

MissTree you're right about wanting to sort out a problem.
I sometimes do as paddyanne says and write a post, or part of one, then delete it while thinking "What the heck. I really don't need to feel so involved in this." smile

'One day we'll look back and laugh.
Why wait?
Just have a good laugh now.'

MissTree Thu 04-Jun-20 14:50:27

And re those who know it all .... I’m full of admiration. The older I get, the less I know.

Better go and make a cuppa. I’m getting right out of my tree today. Hoho.

MissTree Thu 04-Jun-20 14:51:25

FarNorth. Maybe I shudda deleted this one ?

Starblaze Thu 04-Jun-20 14:59:13

I think honestly we are never too old to learn and I find it helpful when my spelling or grammar is corrected.

It also hurts my head to read punctuation in the wrong places, it interrupts the written flow.

However I don't correct people, as I know some do not like it. I also definitely do not agree with people who are rude about it.

Toadinthehole Thu 04-Jun-20 15:02:56

I’m glad you didn’t MissTree, sometimes posts like yours make me realise I’m not the only one, if you know what I mean?

MissTree Thu 04-Jun-20 15:04:15

Toad. I think I love you !

Toadinthehole Thu 04-Jun-20 15:06:36

Please MissTree, not in front of everyone!?. Remember......no touchy?

MissTree Thu 04-Jun-20 15:09:06

ROFL

AGAA4 Thu 04-Jun-20 15:19:51

MissTree. Love your name!
I enjoy reading most of the threads on here but I understand that sometimes it can get a bit personal and that can be uncomfortable reading.

Missfoodlove Thu 04-Jun-20 16:31:50

Great thread!
I avoid all political threads now.
There is one poster who I find very unpleasant, once I see their name on a thread I will not post.

Judy54 Thu 04-Jun-20 16:34:34

Misery, happiness, sadness, joy, anger, fear are all part of human emotions which most of us will experience at some time in our lives. It does not mean that those you find Miseries on here MissTree are permanently like that. There are plenty of happy threads on here such as culture/arts, food, gardening and style/beauty which may suit you better. Perhaps you could start your own happy thread telling us what makes you feel jolly/cheerful. We would love to hear!

kittylester Thu 04-Jun-20 16:36:12

Wgat have i missed now?

kittylester Thu 04-Jun-20 16:36:59

My flipping phone!

What have I missed now?

MerylStreep Thu 04-Jun-20 16:43:21

Kitty
I love your fat finger posts. Keep them coming. ???

MerylStreep Thu 04-Jun-20 16:45:08

MissTree
Totally agree. But misery loves company, doesn't it?

Eloethan Thu 04-Jun-20 16:52:57

MissTree It would be interesting to know which "miseries" you are referring to. As expected, already someone has come on citing an unnamed "unpleasant" person whose threads she refuses to read.

I suspect that some people define a "misery" as someone whose opinions they disagree with.

MissTree Thu 04-Jun-20 16:56:04

Here we go. Give me the evidence ... hahaha.