Gransnet forums

Chat

Something I am enjoying during lockdown...

(57 Posts)
Nonnie Sat 06-Jun-20 09:51:48

I am getting better at procrastinating

Torquoise5 Sat 06-Jun-20 09:51:45

Hi. Any good easy knitting or crochet patterns you could attach please. I am running out

Northernandproud Sat 06-Jun-20 09:43:40

AGAA4 im reading the mirror and the light as well and have found that i enjoy knitting, very badly but getting better

AGAA4 Fri 05-Jun-20 15:05:42

I have got hooked on Jonathan Creek. Also reading The Mirror and the Light. It is a hefty volume and I may not have attempted it at any other time.

lemongrove Fri 05-Jun-20 14:19:59

Loobs I did wonder what you were enjoying ( from your title!)grin
Yes, I love the A Word too, have watched all of it now.Having an autistic DGS there were a lot of behaviours I recognised including the echolalia ( repeating back to you, what you have just said to them.)
The whole series is wonderful, funny and touching.
I am also watching all the first series of Downton Abbey?

Floradora9 Fri 05-Jun-20 14:17:09

I am having a great time researching a relation of mine who went on to do great things ( in trade unions ) . I knew very little of him as he was in his 60s when I knew him but I have searched Ancestry, Scotland's People and Newspaper archives and feel I have really brought him to life. He remained a very humble man and twice turned down a knighthood .
Before that I researched my mother's cousin who was captured during the Second WW in Singapore and died out there. I got loads of info on him .
Ancestry is free in our area through our library site.

Loobs Fri 05-Jun-20 13:37:45

I have discovered TV programmes I would not have watched if I wasn't stuck at home most of the day. I had heard about The A Word but never watched it, it didn't really appeal but I am now on series 3 - wonderful The joy of finding a whole series (or more) of something you haven't watched - Taskmaster, Big Little Lies and a few others - anyone else discovered a series they love (or re-discovered for that matter)?