Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Thu 11-Jun-20 06:14:12

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its grey but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Hoping to get some laundry done today.
Will be a quiet day for otherwise .
Its surprising how quiet the mornings are , I did notice yesterday the only bank in the town has extended its opening hours Monday to Friday, especially u with local businesses getting back .
Take Care ,
Mick

dragonfly46 Thu 11-Jun-20 07:59:13

Good morning from murky Leicestershire.

We went for a drive yesterday to boost the car battery to a local beauty spot. Missed stopping off for lunch on the way back though.

I daren’t have my cleaner in yet Kitty I am not sure how safe it is so still doing it myself. We do have the girl who does the garden though.

Bellasnana flowers

cornergran Thu 11-Jun-20 07:59:44

Morning Mick, morning All. Overcast start to our corner of Somerset. General faffing to do this morning then a walk if the rain stays away. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

grandMattie Thu 11-Jun-20 08:01:18

GG13, oh yes it’ll have been worth it. But the mess... although the painters are courteous, tidy, helpful, the house will still have been invaded and upside down for 6 weeks for major refurbishment and painting!

Marydoll Thu 11-Jun-20 08:07:06

Good morning all from a very cool Glasgow. I have asked DH to put on the heating, it's rather cool this morning, but the sun is trying to get through.

I'm the bearer of good news, well for me anyway! ?
Yesterday morning, I received a phone call from my retired rheumatology consultant ( he is trying to cover for my Covid, seconded consultant), to say that he and the other consultants had a confab about me and have decided to get me into hospital, hopefully within the next fortnight, to commence my new treatment.
They are unsure how to manage it, as I'm shielding and visiting hospital has its own high risks, without even considering the risks of the treatment itself.

However, after somehow finding a free slot in the ward schedule and an empty side room I can come in. The ward sister will phone me to discuss dates.
It does have disadvantages, as it will compromise my immune system even more, which will consequently extend my shielding sentence even further. ☹️
DH is very anxious about it all, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and hopefully the treatment will give me a better quality of life.
I have waited twenty years for this, as the exorbitant cost, means health boards are reluctant to fund it.
Life is looking so much better at than it was at the beginning of the week.

My second part of good news is that, my photography malarkey with the Blue Badge has paid off! The judges must have been overwhelmed by my stunning portrait!?
Just two days after applying, yesterday, I received a text message saying my renewal had been approved ( no paperwork, phone call, nor face to face needed) and asking me to contact my local council to pay my £20 admin fee!

Urmston I'm living my cancelled holidays through you at the moment. I love to hear what you are doing and visualise it.
I can feel the sun on my face and taste the delicious tapas.
If it's not too much trouble, wink, I have a favour to ask. Once the markets open up, could you please make a trip to Los Boliches for me? I need a market fix! ?

I too have been thinking of Bluesapphire. I had received a few PMs from her, but I suspect she is struggling again, as she has been very quiet.
Hopefully the new ruling in England, will allow her to meet up with family.

For Cherry, who isn't doing too well just now, Bellasnana on this sad day, Gilly, Dragonfly and the many more reading this thread, who are struggling, virtually, safe distanced (((hugs))) for you.

I'm always afraid I offend someone, by missing them out, but I have brain fog at the moment, part of my RA , can hardly remember what I have read on the threads, by the time I get to the end.?
I even struggle with the questions, I set Miss Marydoll's maths class. ?. Now that is worrying!

Take care everyone.

Scentia Thu 11-Jun-20 08:11:29

Puzzler61
I was exaggerating for comedic effect, I don’t actually have ANY single friends!!? If I did, what made me think they would choose me as their ‘bubble’ companion!

Lins1066 Thu 11-Jun-20 08:11:37

Good Morning Mick and all from a dry and windy S Welsh Coast. Went for a walk yesterday late afternoon just before the rain, it rained heavily all evening and all night, good for the garden though.
Hope you managed to get a positive reaction from your friend's GP Grandmafrench, that poor woman needs help and support.
Our neighbour's funeral today, she died following a massive stroke. Sad that none of the neighbours can attend due to the restrictions.
Stay safe everyone.

Pantglas2 Thu 11-Jun-20 08:13:19

Just a quick good morning as I’ve just woken up after ten hours sleep ? and read Marydoll post - how marvellous that things are getting sorted for you! ?. We need you well at the Maths class missus!

Now for my chamberpot and a leisurely look at what the rest of you are up to ......☕️

brook2704 Thu 11-Jun-20 08:30:49

Good news Marydoll no doubt a tough time ahead but a positive future to look forward to ! ??❤️

Gingster Thu 11-Jun-20 08:34:29

Good morning all from a wet, grey Suffolk coast. It rained heavily in the night but I love to hear it on the windows while I’m snuggled up in bed.

Still not much open in our little town. Went to the co op yesterday and got everything we needed . Hardly anyone in there but only us in masks and gloves. I do wish the staff would wear them. Would make me feel safer.

Will walk little pooch along the beach a bit later . She runs like crazy chasing her ball into the sea and is never tired always wanting more. Then after a quick nap and lie down , she seems to limp a bit. Vicious circle - if we don’t excercise her enough, she whines and fidgets and when we do , she overdoes it and limps. ?

I think it’s going to be a damp day for everyone today, so enjoy your indoor persuits.

Brunette10 Thu 11-Jun-20 08:37:29

Good Morning to all from a dull and cool Fife, heating is on too. Not feeling great today, tried to lift a heavy bag yesterday and have certainly suffered for it. I keep forgetting I'm just a wee piece of nothing but carry on as if I'm a big bruiser. Rested all yesterday so hoping it just goes away very soon. Good news Marydoll I can imagine how you must be feeling, all your Christmasses come at once wink. Lifted your spirits I'm sure. Hoping everyone is fairing well, keeping strong and looking forward to the future, whenever it may start. Keep your chin up.

BladeAnnie Thu 11-Jun-20 08:44:31

Good morning all from a very dull mid-Notts - definitely threatening rain I would say. I have my sainsbury's delivery later this morning - only a couple of substitutions and they are items for donation to the food bank. Things do seem to be getting better in that respect - people have obviously stopped the panic buying now. I'm hoping the weather is going to be kind to us tomorrow as DD2 is planning a socially distanced garden visit and I haven't seen her since mid-February - fingers and everything else crossed smile. Stay safe everyone x

gillybob Thu 11-Jun-20 08:45:42

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a dry and fairly bright start to Thursday following a week of rain . It’s still quite breezy and the sun is nowhere to be seen but I have high hopes.

Apologies for not posting yesterday but I had my hands full from first thing as it was my first day back on grandma duty when DD returned to work . It all went surprisingly well considering. 3 months is an awful long time in a little ones life But it was as though she remembered where to find everything. Thank goodness for FaceTime and our virtual daily meet ups which I think must’ve helped.

Anyway she was a little whirlwind . I was aching all over last night and the house looked like it had imploded but DH and I went to bed happy .

So pleased to learn that you are on the way to getting the treatment you need and deserve Marydoll . It’s good to know that some things are starting to return to normality. Oh and well done getting your Blue Badge sorted with minimum fuss. I think that photo must’ve knocked them dead smile

Thinking of Bellasnana , BlueSapphire, Harrigran , CherryCezzy and anyone else suffering at the moment .

I hope Thursday is kind to us and we all get to have a little sunshine in our lives soon.

Love , Gillybob x

Greyduster Thu 11-Jun-20 08:47:12

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Grey, damp and really cold in South Yorkshire this morning, with the prospect of a wet day. I have ironing to do, and then will get on with some knitting if we can’t go out. Meat and potato pie for dinner. Have a good day and stay safe, folks.

harrigran Thu 11-Jun-20 08:49:05

Good morning from an overcast NE.
Morrison's delivery this morning.
DD arrived to help her aunt after a nine hour train journey. One mediocre hotel open with no dining facilities.
The funeral director has said that forty people may attend, sadly that will not include me and my sister due to the logistics of travel to Germany.
I have spent two weeks sitting by the phone so told DH we should have a run out in the car, his reply "I have a wine delivery coming today sometime". Know your place harri.
Take care.

Anniebach Thu 11-Jun-20 08:55:29

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Kalu Thu 11-Jun-20 08:55:34

Good news indeed Marydoll. The only way is up now. ??

Nortsat Thu 11-Jun-20 09:06:21

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a grey east London.

My partner’s niece had her first baby yesterday, she had a lovely little boy, mother and son are doing well. She lives in Australia and sadly her mother is unable to travel there, to be with her. Thus it is a bitter/sweet time for all of us.

I am surprised that it’s Thursday again, the days whizz by and meld into one another. It’s still week 13 of shielding and we’d both dearly like to go out for dinner or to a concert and hear some music played live ...

Instead, I plan a beef pot roast today, which I will put in the slow cooker shortly. We will have to eat it this evening, whilst listening to some lovely Bach music and imagine we are at a concert.

? for Bellasnana, Cherry, Gilly and Dragonfly.
Hurrah for the hospital appt MD
Fingers crossed for the weather and all those garden visits.
Have a good day all.?

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jun-20 09:09:10

Great news about your hospital admission & proposed treatment Marydoll! You’ll be in safe hands, your retired consultant knows you well.

gillybob Thu 11-Jun-20 09:10:37

Just taking my first line back..... it’s back to the usual miserable weather here on the NE coast after about an hour of brightness. The sea is raging and more rain on the way . Can’t believe this is supposed to be the summer.

Mapleleaf Thu 11-Jun-20 09:13:54

Good morning all,

A quick hello, as I’ve got my Pilates class shortly. I will catch up with everyone’s posts after that.

It’s very grey and heavy looking outside today and it looks as if the rain isn’t too far off. I don’t think I’ll be sitting in the garden socially distancing with my neighbour today, somehow. Let’s hope it brightens up again soon.

Take care everyone.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jun-20 09:15:04

Good Morning All x.
What a miserable day ! Grey skies and a breeze that's whipping up into sudden strong gusts. None to warm either.

Feel a tad seedy after yesterdays A/fib " do ". It was a bit of a corker when normally I'd have been whizzed off to hospital but I stuck it out because the thought of catching the virus seemed worse. However after 4+ hours it calmed down and the heart settled back into sinus rhythm again. Not nice.
Leaves me exhausted and slightly weak.

Will probably hear from D at sometime today as it's been a week since I last heard anything. Much as I'd like to go to her home and see the children----for a change of scenery, I think I'd be on pins rather than enjoy the outing as there are still more deaths here than is acceptable.

Just looking at a Co-op picnic food page in the paper and I could just devour what's there, scotch eggs, a meat-filled pie and other salad goodies. Ah well, it'll be two crumpets and a mug of hot chocolate grin What a come down.

Special thoughts to Bellasnana ,Marydoll ,Gillybob, Harrigran,BlueSapphire----uncle Tom Cobley and ALL xx

Stay safe and well everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 11-Jun-20 09:19:47

Good news regarding your treatment Marydoll .

My family lived in Los Boliches and my younger sister went to school there. It holds many happy memories for us all, I think the market was on a Tuesday but memory is not that great at the moment, isolation has finally got me!!!

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jun-20 09:21:39

Sorry to hear you had a scary day yesterday EV. The episode must understandably have upset you and tired you out. Rest up today girl. x

GrannySomerset Thu 11-Jun-20 10:32:38

Excellent news from ,, and a more cheerful post from Gillybob are really encouraging, and am delighted for both of them.

DH got up at 5.00 am, waking me, and took some persuading to go back to bed, so I am feeling rather out of sorts. Fortunately nothing essential on today’s horizon which is just as well as it is cold, grey and windy in our bit of North Somerset. Coffee time, I think!

GrannySomerset Thu 11-Jun-20 10:33:19

Should have said excellent news from Marydoll - don’t know what happened there.