Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Thu 11-Jun-20 06:14:12

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its grey but dry here in Brackley this morning.
Hoping to get some laundry done today.
Will be a quiet day for otherwise .
Its surprising how quiet the mornings are , I did notice yesterday the only bank in the town has extended its opening hours Monday to Friday, especially u with local businesses getting back .
Take Care ,
Mick

Grammaretto Thu 11-Jun-20 10:40:30

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where the weather is more like autumn . The garden has taken a bashing BUT I found a cluster of tiny grapes on the vine in the greenhouse! I thought it was barren and was going to rehome it grin in the compost
Keep the wonderful news coming Marydoll and Gillybob the letters from Spain too Urmston we need every little bit of cheer we can.

None of these new concessions apply to us Scottish shielders so we can get morose and down easily.

Will we ever see our DGC again etc..
One will become a teenager this month. I have bought him a knife!! Ha Ha. Grandma buys teenager a knife. Good headline.
It comes with a book about whittling wood as I thought he'd need things to do outdoors during the long holidays.

Not much going on today. I hope you all have the best day possible. sunshine

Hymnbook Thu 11-Jun-20 10:41:11

Morning everyone l hope you are all keeping well. It's a windy wet morning in Sherwood.I ought to go shopping but not in this weather. l'm hoping it will be better this afternoon. I'll try and do some housework this morning instead.

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jun-20 10:51:48

I have bought him a knife!! Ha Ha. Grandma buys teenager a knife. Good headline my best giggle of the day Grammaretto! Very witty.
?

Legs55 Thu 11-Jun-20 10:52:18

Good morning all from a wet & windy Devon, choice of jobs today, clean kitchen, clean the bathroom or tackle the ironing I keep putting offhmm. The dust & hoovering can waitblush, I think the ironing must win as the ironing board & iron are ready to usegrin

If the day does improve I may manage to get into the garden to inspect the damage from last night. Can't believe it's June, I had to put the heating on for a little while this morning.

@Puzzler61 regarding your car battery, when my car was standing due to DVLA decision to stop me driving for 1 year my battery was flat when DD came over to take me out in it, breakdown got us going but my Mechanic advised that a run of about 4 miles round trip from home to the roundabout over A38, non stop would charge it up, most of the road is 60.

grandMattie Thu 11-Jun-20 11:13:15

Oh, marydoll what fantastic news. Fingers and toes crossed for you.
Very pleased about the Blue Badge too. Regarding the photo, my DM had a theory that for official photos one looks like either a murderer or a victim! I’m usually the latter.

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jun-20 11:16:49

My mum used to say ‘if you look like your passport photograph you’re too ill to travel’!

Grammaretto Thu 11-Jun-20 12:19:03

That's given me a giggle Urmston and grandMattie
I have had to verify my age to purchase the knife.
Send a copy of your driving licence or passport. It's the same awful photo on both. And yes, I am over 18 (just about).

This online malarky could keep me busy a long time.
I am now in the throes of trying to return something without leaving the house.
It does seem ridiculous having to send an item down to England somewhere.

GrannyGravy13 Thu 11-Jun-20 12:54:55

Just returning to say that due to the fact as we approached the Garden Centre the heavens opened and GrandpaGravy does not go outside if it is raining, we continued on to a M & S food store.

I have never enjoyed food shopping so much, everyone socially distanced, smiley staff and the ability to actually look at food before purchasing. For a short while the world felt normal ??