Gransnet forums

Chat

How safe is this 'bubble'

(55 Posts)
Vintagegal13 Fri 12-Jun-20 07:26:04

Just that really - I have seen my partner 3 times (outside, socially distanced) in the past 12 weeks. So, today I have to stay 2 metres apart from him, outside, and tomorrow suddenly he can come into my home and even stay the night with no social distancing. I just don't get it, it seems like too much at once. He is not happy that I am not keen to do this, it doesn't feel right to me. I work in a shop and he is a voluntary hospital appointment driver. How do we both know we are not carrying this virus - just so confused.

12Michael Mon 15-Jun-20 10:18:44

With Protest Marches and illegal raves in parts of the UK , and the 7 day total last week overall Monday to Sunday was a158 daily average for recorded deaths , still to high , even this week starting today until Sunday may go either way as to weekly average figures , allot of those who have protested or attended illegal raves may think they are immune .
The bubble is not safe ,as a friend on Facebook stated we being run by a dictatorship government do as I not do as I do .
Mick

Norah Sun 21-Jun-20 21:25:11

It does not seem a safe idea, to me, to bubble. What is the point, I think it best to wait.

annep1 Sun 21-Jun-20 21:33:22

I think we have to decide for ourselves if it is safe to relax social distancing in our own particular circumstances, But as you are asking, in your case Vintagegall it seems risky. Only do it if you are 100% comfortable.

annep1 Mon 22-Jun-20 19:34:57

I should havd added, we mustn't do anything that might endanger others.