Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Sat 13-Jun-20 06:18:46

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday, I figured out how to get a replacement toilet seat , working , following the instructions was misleading as I was required to remove part of the main in order to fit it , solved it .Today , maybe put it together , but I will also do a bus trip as I am one of the many who rely on public transport which the present dictators seem to want people to use .
Anyway , more on my little escape tomorrow .
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 13-Jun-20 06:30:40

Good morning from a bright EKent.
Wonderful day today. DS1 has at last got a flight from Delhi and is arriving late this morning. DS2 will collect him from Gatwick, and he’ll quarantine with his bro, before coming to us. All my beloved children will now be in this country.
The painting is coming on apace, yes, it will all be worth it. DH confessed last night that he will miss them. They’ve been here nearly 4 weeks now. We’ve had their company, chatting etc.
The mess is resolving. They are in the kitchen and my attached study. Yes, my “glory hole”, with my pc, my sewing stuff and all the crafty thing, flower vases and assorted things for DGC when they visit
I overdid it, moving furniture and sorting “stuff”out on Thursday, sleep abysmally that night and spent most of yesterday dozing.
Today, we’ll take things more slowly. Although very well, I’m no spring chicken so I need to be more careful. DH is a bit older, overdoes things then sits in his chair doing the soduko and his crossword. I have to carry on preparing meals, doing laundry etc.... ah well, shouldn’t complain ad I have been kept all my married life!

Scentia Sat 13-Jun-20 06:35:39

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire a little grey out there today but promise of sunshine later.
Make sure you wear a face covering on the bus Mick. Enjoy your trip out, fresh air is good for the soul?
For some reason I have arranged to meet my DD at Sainsbury’s this morning. I am a COOP person normally, I am not sure what to expect in a massive store. I hope I don’t get tutted at like people do in the Co-op if they go the wrong way?
First a bike ride with the pooch. (once this wash has done and been pegged out) I have not been working in my new job this week and I am getting bored and missing the children ? with the lack of work I have noticed that I am feeling pains all over again. More confirmation that my “Fybromyalgia’ is all in my mind.
Now you lot take care today and have the best day you can. I send you the biggest smile ???? so pass it on, they are more infectious than Covid!!.❤️

cornergran Sat 13-Jun-20 06:40:03

Morning Mick, morning All. Dry at the minute if cloudy in our corner of Somerset. Torrential rain yesterday has caused havoc in the garden, Sad to see it but of course it will pick itself up. Be careful out there mick as you venture out on the bus. Do you have your mask? You must be relieved to have your son here grandmattie, the quarantine period will soon pass. I know that tendency to overdo things, regular occurrence here, maybe step down a gear today. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, especially those with worries of any kind.

Puzzler61 Sat 13-Jun-20 07:00:30

Good morning All.
GrandMattie you must be cock-a-hoop today knowing your son is en route and you’ll see him soon. Are you watching online airport Arrivals to know when his flight lands? I do that when my children are flying.
You’ll feel contentment and be able to rest up more today when you know he’s in the country ?
So very pleased for you.

brook2704 Sat 13-Jun-20 07:00:50

Good morning everyone from a murky misty Inverness with the sea haar creeping in..
I’m hoping it will stay dry as DGS1 is camping out in his garden tonight with his dad. It should have been his first camping trip with Beavers this weekend so they’re doing a campout in your own garden instead. I think he’s really excited ⛺️!
Enjoy your trip out mick and take care
Good news for grandMattie with getting her DS1 back home and enjoy your shopping trip with your DD scentia
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend and take care whatever you’re doing ?

Urmstongran Sat 13-Jun-20 07:00:54

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ? it’s back to gorgeous weather. That wind has gone, the sky is blue and the Mediterranean too.

I haven’t been out for two days. I’ve read a novel in that time. ‘Room’ by Emma Donahue. A book written in 2011 and long listed for the Man Booker apparently. It was a tense read and I couldn’t put the book down! What is this ‘overdoing it’ grandMattie - it is something I have never come across ...
? #lazygran

So glad to hear your son will be back in the U.K. later this morning. You must both be so happy and relieved!

I think a walk up into Arroyo would be nice. I like the Saturday buzz. It’s a very popular little town. We shall have coffee in the sunshine, people watch for a bit then I shall buy a hot rotisserie chicken and a portion of cooked, sliced garlic potatoes for dinner tonight. I reheat them by frying them up in butter so they brown nicely. Eazy peasy!

Himself will be having a beer at the front door with his friend again. They could sit downstairs at Juan’s or Pedro’s! I think they like sitting in the late afternoon hot sun where even the brown floor tiles on the landing are warm enough for bare feet at 5pm!

Hope Saturday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

grandMattie Sat 13-Jun-20 07:02:00

If your DD's Sainsbury’s is the same size as ours, Scentia, no one will take any notice of you. They may well lean across you to reach things they wants etc., but you will be invisible!

Puzzler61 Sat 13-Jun-20 07:07:52

Now to the matter of the weather in Worcs. I’ll give it 3 out of 10 for effort, I think we’ll have more of the same as yesterday which was April showers. How can this year’s weather have gone backwards? It’s flaming June now!
Only outdoor plan for today is to try and dodge the showers to stretch our legs and have a walk. I think we’ll drive and make it a riverside walk. The Severn runs all through Worcs. so there are plenty of places to access it.
I’ve got a little job for DH I’ll surprise him with later. I’d like him to move some pictures about and add my new one delivered yesterday from a young artist I’ve admired for past 3 years. It’s a seaside themed canvas and makes me feel happy to look at it. I attach a photo.
Have a happy start to your weekend everyone, and don’t overdo it. Reading gransnet I sometimes feel we work harder than we did when we were younger and had jobs! ?

Ginny42 Sat 13-Jun-20 07:16:04

Good morning Mick and everyone from Cheshire. Yesterday we had spells of bright sunshine. but high winds and the path is pink with rose petals. All is calm but grey at the moment and the trees are barely stirring in the wood.

What a lovely day for you grandMattie. You must be relived and excited.

I've been discussing 'bubbles' with my sister who lives about 30 miles away, but she has family she naturally wishes to have visit, so it cannot include me. We may meet at the nursery we both use approximately half way. 12 weeks without seeing her is unbelievable.

Enough doom and gloom! I'm going to make myself busy working on a project and bake scones to share with neighbours this afternoon.

Enjoy your day everyone. Take great care if you're out and about.

Sar53 Sat 13-Jun-20 07:27:38

Good morning from a sunny Essex by the sea. A little different from yesterday when it was grey, cold and wet. I didn't go outside all day.
I'm hoping for a trip out today, we may go and look at cars as we need to buy a new one now that DH is retiring .
Lovely news Grandmattie, I can imagine your joy when you know your son is back home.
Take care everyone and have a happy Saturday xx

Nortsat Sat 13-Jun-20 07:37:42

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from sunny east London.

We will be in the garden today. My partner suggested a drive and picnic at Kenwood House (north London) but I don’t really think we can, as I am a shielder. I expect it will be busy, as it’s a National Trust property, on the edge of Hampstead Heath. Our own garden is fine for today.

I am defrosting a roast of pork for tomorrow. Pizza and salad tonight and a film. I found one about J Edgar Hoover, which looks v interesting.

I am passing on Scentia’s big smile ????.
Have a good day all and enjoy those family garden parties and bubbles. ?

Kalu Sat 13-Jun-20 07:39:14

Good morning all from a grey, breezy Glasgow.

It would appear the long sleep well into late morning yesterday has given me some new found energy and I was gong ho with the to do list. Very satisfying constructive day. All was going so well until just as I was thinking about bringing washing in, the heavens opened and all was just as wet as when I hung it out earlier. Oh well?

No plan as yet but I may have to spend some time with my latest novel having a well earned break after yesterday’s activities. I owe it to myself without guilt this time.

Hope you have a good day today BlueSapphire

Have the best day possible everyone and best wishes to those who are struggling.

Urmstongran Sat 13-Jun-20 07:40:30

That said, although it can’t be helped, I can well understand your disappointment Ginny42 at not being in that bubble. Hopefully, very soon though eh? x

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-Jun-20 07:49:39

Good morning Mick and all x

How wonderful grandMattie, you must be so relieved and happy to have your son home ?

Blue sky and calm in my little corner of S E Essex, no plans for today, GrandpaGravy is going to cook dinner, steak, dauphinois potatoes and what is probably the last of the English asparagus.

I do envy your reading matter Urmstongran I have lost my powers of concentration since lockdown it has taken me nearly three weeks to read a Carole Mathews chiclit but you have inspired me to finish it today and then browse in the kindle store to see what takes my fancy!

Marydoll hope you are feeling more like your usual self.

Gillybob have youngot little Evie today? If so enjoy your time together.

BlueSaphire wishing you well.

Keep,safe and well folks ?

Kalu Sat 13-Jun-20 07:52:17

I got the happy, uplifting feeling when I looked at your painting too Puzzler. Something you will enjoy each time you look at it.
ps. I notice we have the same cat flap in a glass door. Wonderful invention as one less demand from entitled cat?

Urmstongran Sat 13-Jun-20 07:55:33

I think ‘escaping’ into my novels is my way of coping GG13. Immersing myself into a different world for a couple of hours. Wonderful!

Pittcity Sat 13-Jun-20 07:57:22

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Hot, humid and high pollen thus a runny nose.
Sitting in DD's garden this afternoon to watch DGSs play for a while.

gillgran Sat 13-Jun-20 07:58:40

Good Morning, from a sunny N.,Cambs.,
I'm up early, (for me!), as we have an Ocado delivery this morning, so will be stocked up for the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy the weekend, as much as you can.

Take Care Folks

Greyduster Sat 13-Jun-20 07:59:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It rained like billio in South Yorkshire last night and this morning it’s so foggy you can’t see your hand in front of your face so the temperature must be lifting. We had a short walk yesterday but will probably stay in today. I can’t stop sneezing this morning. Hope it’s hay fever and not a cold. I will bake this afternoon - we are cake-less! Have a good safe day folks.

kittylester Sat 13-Jun-20 07:59:23

Morning all from a brightening North Leicestershire.

We aim to finish sorting the garage today as we have an appointment at the tip on Tuesday!

Marydoll Sat 13-Jun-20 08:00:24

Good morning all, from a very cloudy Glasgow.
Gosh Mick, good to hear that you are moving towards your old routine. I know it's been hard for you, stuck in with no company.

Grandmattie, I laughed when I read your post, we are doppelgangers!
I too have a retreat, where my PC and all my crafting stash is.
Yesterday my DH came back from his golf game exhausted, sat with a coffee, did his soduko, dozed, snored, had lunch, did his word puzzles, dozed etc... The poor soul was exhausted. [ wink].
I on the other hand, never stopped all day, doing laundry, cooking, baking and the rest.?

Expecting DD this morning to pick up her shopping from our Tesco delivery, I hope the rain stays off, or they will need to chat with us from the garage!
She had a grand plan to get married quietly in our garden on 27th June, DHs 70 th birthday, but the registrar said No yesterday, it's too soon.
I'm a bit relieved, as I want to be well enough to participate.
However, I held my tongue( very difficult for me).

I received yet another shielding letter yesterday, now I'm incarcerated until at least 31st July, but my consultant thinks it could be longer for me.☹️. Not unexpected! Sigh!

I started writing this an hour ago, but I have been trying to get a Tesco slot. There was a blip last night, but all sorted now.

Scentia, take it easy today and Urmonston keep your daily blog coming, I love hearing about your plans.
I know Bluesapphire is still reading the thread, hope today is a better one for you.?

Have a good day, everyone.

Puzzler61 Sat 13-Jun-20 08:02:23

Kalu the cat flap is for the use of the boss of the house,
a beautiful tabby girl. The door is being opened for her at the moment as she is recovering from a mammary tumour - thankfully we now know it was benign but it was a big operation to remove it and the mammary gland. She’ll soon be popping through that cat flap again! ?

dragonfly46 Sat 13-Jun-20 08:02:36

Good morning the sun is trying to shine in Leicestershire. It feels warm so we may take the car out for a run.

I remember reading Room Urmston some time ago. It made such an impression. We went to see the film and when it finished we just sat there stunned.

These bubbles are tricky Ginny I wonder what people are doing with more than one family. How do you choose?

I hope everyone has a good day.

Gingster Sat 13-Jun-20 08:05:26

Good morning. We have the sun today here on the Suffolk coast. ?. Yesterday we had a mist all day, and it got thicker and thicker as the day wore on, until about 5 o’clock when the sun struggled through.

I’m going to get fish and chips for lunch today and take it to my elderly SIL. I have been getting her a few bits from the shops but not going in for a cuppa or chat. She hasn’t been out for 3 months and hasn’t had anyone in. So she is really excited about our lunch date. She has been dreaming of fish and chips ??.

grandMattie what an exciting day for you. ?
scentia I know what you mean by being busy. We don’t notice our aches and pains so much. ‘All in the mind’ as DH always tells me. ?

brook2704 your little GS will really enjoy his adventure in the garden. My boys and GS ‘s always loved their camping trips.

Have a contented day. ?