Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Jun-20 06:14:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry but cloudy start here in Brackley , I have been so used to hearing the Town Hall clock chimes , apparently they have stopped , but cannot be repaired until the 2m distancing is lowered it makes you wonder with other essential maintenance work that is required .
Tried fitting a new toilet seat yesterday , gave up I just want something with a simple screw and washers and a wingnut , put original back on as a temporary measure .
Take Care ,
Mick

Puzzler61 Mon 15-Jun-20 14:04:41

Hi Grandmabatty and Welcome. I joined about 5 weeks ago and everyone is so friendly on this thread. Come back tomorrow - the more the merrier. ?

Kalu Mon 15-Jun-20 14:04:19

A warm welcome to you Grandmabatty. Glad you decided to join us.

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Jun-20 13:17:58

Urmstongran there was a film crew at Cheshire Oaks ready for when the gate was unlocked.........unfortunately they had the wrong keys so opening was delayed ???

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Jun-20 13:16:34

Grandmabatty

Good morning all. I'm new to grans net. Can I join your chat? I've lurked and enjoyed your sense of friendship and kindness to each other.

Welcome to the morning gang

Beechnut Mon 15-Jun-20 12:16:38

‘Course you can Grandmabatty, welcome.

Urm why have you left one of your stockings on ??

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Jun-20 11:56:16

Please join in in the mornings, Grandmabatty - your name suggests that you'll fit right in ! grin. Just tell us each day where you're from and what the weather's like.

Have a lovely Monday - the best one you can.

Urms I never had you down as a Katie Price lookalike. Oooh dear, Matron, indeed! Don't get a gravy tan and you must cover up that awful stocking top tattoo - bet your neighbour on the landing wasn't expecting that ! grin

Grandmabatty Mon 15-Jun-20 11:25:31

Good morning all. I'm new to grans net. Can I join your chat? I've lurked and enjoyed your sense of friendship and kindness to each other.

CherryCezzy Mon 15-Jun-20 11:07:38

Morning everyone from another sunny day in Gower.

? Happy Birthday dragonfly, I hope you have a pleasant day FaceTiming and zooming with your family ? ? ?.

We have plans to make an escape to the coast shortly but ? because the weather is so lovely. We will probably still do it just so we can hear the sound and smell that lovely sea. We may just sit in the car though.

Have a good day whatever you are doing folks, sending ??? to those who need them and thinking of our temporary absentees.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Roses Mon 15-Jun-20 10:54:03

Oh Urmstongran we could be twins!!!!!!!!!

Puzzler61 Mon 15-Jun-20 10:50:30

Congratulations ann678. What a fabulous surprise for you?
? ??

ann678tifney Mon 15-Jun-20 10:34:53

Morning everyone, at work this morning first Monday since lock down seems a bit strange, trying to work up to doing full time, just have to sort my DH, as he is sheilding, and needs someone with him part of the day, my aim is to be back full time beginning of July, my boss has been really good about it and let me come back at my own pace. Had a lovely surprise last night, we always have a family quiz on a Sunday, logged on with Eldest GD telling us she wouldn't be doing it, and then came a photo of why!!! our new GGS was born yesterday afternoon, he wasn't due for another 4 weeks so a very big surprise, and both are doing very well. We now have 2 GGS's and 2 GGD's, making me feel very old lol Its dry here but dull and quite cold, hopefully it will improve as the day goes on. Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

mrswoo Mon 15-Jun-20 10:32:11

Good morning from a grey, misty Newcastle - and now its started raining. For some foolish reason I thought today was meant to be warm and sunny.
I'm having a long lie this morning as my fitbit informs me I slept for 2 hours and 15 minutes last night. Maybe if I stopped wearing a fitbit to bed I might actually sleep better. Either way I'm exhausted this morning.
I had an enjoyable Zoom quiz with some of my old work colleagues last night. It was lovely "seeing" them all again. I was the only retired participant which might explain my pathetic score. They are all in Scotland so still have more restrictions than we do south of the border although a couple of them are working giving emergency cover for that opticians "you should have gone to"

Wishing dragonfly a very happy birthdayflowers I hope you have a lovely day.
Enjoy the sunshine if you are lucky enough to have some and have the best day possible everyone.

Forgot to say. We have a slowly descending loo seat it's a nightmare if its left up as you have to wait an age for it to gradually go back down. Hopeless if you are in a hurry!

Kalu Mon 15-Jun-20 10:28:54

Forgot to say Wooty Woo Urmstongran. Good to see you have been keeping yourself in shape during lockdown. You look so much younger and the blue is stunning on you?

Kalu Mon 15-Jun-20 10:26:17

I think we had maybe 30mins. of sun Marydoll?‍♀️ Back to normal. I have a washing on so no doubt ‘light showers’ will catch me out, always when washing is almost dry!

Good to see you here this morning jacq. Codeine always upsets my stomach and I take Omeprazole to counteract the upset. Hope your pain eases soon for you and for you too Brunette

Hymnbook Mon 15-Jun-20 10:25:14

Morning everyone. I hope you are all keeping well. A damp misty morning here in Sherwood Nottingham. Quite humid not good weather for germs. My youngest sister went to work on the bus this morning glasses steamed up. Long queues tkmaxx and Primark. Her husband starts back to work today . Stressed and anxious l think things are more worrying now than before.

alltheglitterglue Mon 15-Jun-20 10:20:38

Morning everyone. Happy birthday dragonfly it’s a warm day here in the South West, blue skies with some fluffy white clouds.

Not sure what I’m going to do today, DH is working as per. I’ve lots of admin phone calls to make today.

jacq10 Mon 15-Jun-20 09:52:23

Morning Mick and followers from the very misty north of Scotland. Same as yesterday and the haar lifted mid morning and was fine until mid afternoon when it returned. Good to read all the posts which I do daily and give myself a talking to but like Brunette10 am still feeling the pain after the fall. The doctor gave me a prescription for Codeine which I have been taking along with Paracetamol and Ibrufen but I have stopped the Codeine as it was upsetting my stomach. Wish I could join in Urmstongran's walk as have done it many times. It would help if the heat would build up a bit here but at least we are not having the heavy rain many of you have had. Hope folks in England try out their new "freedoms" and let us know how it goes.

Georgesgran Mon 15-Jun-20 09:35:24

Morning all from Durham. Having a bit of a lie-in today.

Harrigran, I hope you find the right words for your eulogy-my friend delivered his for his son and the Humanist Speaker was so moved, she couldn’t carry on with the service!

Very saddened to see the riots in Newcastle at the weekend. Right wing hooligans claiming they were there to defend the statue of Earl Grey! That would be the chap who’s government abolished slavery?? Morons!
Ended up hurling bottles and bricks at the police and their horses, whilst the BLM march, held behind a line of Police Officers just sang!

GP Surgery later to collect specimen bottles for DH - trying to crack these repeated water infections, then just to be daring - might drive a few miles to use a different branch of Virgin!

Hope everyone has the best day they can.

Marydoll Mon 15-Jun-20 09:30:49

Kalu, what sun? envy

Kalu Mon 15-Jun-20 09:21:00

Good morning from another light grey start in Glasgow, similar to yesterday which eventually became a glorious sunny day so we enjoyed lunch al fresco under the shade from a cherry tree. Pottering about and long coffee breaks lazing in the shade reading my book was such a good day.

Happy Birthday Dragonfly???? and many happy returns of the day.
Hope you find the solution to replacing your toilet seat Mick?
I can feel the happiness in your post kitty. Absolutely Fabulous and great timing weather wise too.

The sun has now appeared which means a quick flick of basic housework, washing on and a day in the garden. Bliss

Hoping those of you going through difficult times feel a bit better today?

Have a good day everyone whatever your plans may be.

EllanVannin Mon 15-Jun-20 09:18:44

Good Morning All x Happy Birthday, Dragonfly xx

A bit sticky this morning, even after a second storm yesterday teatime. You'd have thought the air would have cleared after the first one the other night. Peculiar weather, in keeping with these times.

Gulls are screaming which is usually a sign of yet another storm brewing. It's very still too, not a leaf stirring.
I really fancy a walk down on the beach-----but so will everyone else grin Thinking of Urmston and the beach smile

Shopping doesn't look much of a pleasure yet, queues and no mooching, not for me I'm afraid but I'm not desperate.

The M&S ready meal went down well yesterday and I did extra potatoes. A creamy bread-pudding for afters. Half a chicken pie today with new pots and broccoli so not doing so badly.

I've visited the battlefield of Agincourt in the past, GrandMattie. A very interesting visit and remember feeling the weight of those chain-mail suits they wore. I think I've covered most of Northern France. Loved it. Hope one or two of the GGC can manage to go there in the future.

Nothing much brewing today in the way of anything, just finished a lovely positive phone-call from a friend which has set me up for the day.
Crumpets are calling now, so I hope this finds everyone safe and well and Mick solves his wobbly seat.
Stay safe everyone and with thoughts to those who aren't managing so well.xx

Mapleleaf Mon 15-Jun-20 09:17:22

Good morning all,

It's a rather dull looking morning at the moment and is forecast to remain so for most of the day here in South Yorkshire, perhaps brightening around teatime.

Happy birthday daragonfly. Enjoy your day. ????

No big plans for today. I might varnish a planter DH got for his birthday to make it weather proof, but otherwise not sure what I'll be up to.

Those of you planning to hit the shops, have fun! I think I'll be waiting for the novelty to ease off before I go anywhere near a shop - the only shop I go to is the local supermarket and occasionally the local garden centre.

Hope you all have a good day, whatever your plans. ?

gillybob Mon 15-Jun-20 09:09:25

Good morning from the NE coast where we have yet another miserable day on the cards. The fog horn has been sounding all night and we are shrouded in that horrible cold and wet mist again. A lot more bad weather to come according to last nights weather forecast . Sigh......

I had little Evie Buttons yesterday again and have her tomorrow too . Just wish the weather would improve as she loves being outdoors . I have an appointment for her feet to be measured at Clarks tomorrow, as she’s desperate for shoes . She has grown so much since lockdown .

Yes Urms I do follow Kate Garroway and her poor husbands story quite closely . Nothing can prepare you for the days and nights of agony watching your loved one being kept alive by machines . When my DH was eventually brought out of his coma (after 2 previous attempts ) he suffered from the most awful delirium which I found to be extremely difficult and upsetting. He still has the most awful nightmares and flash backs (PTSD) and I can’t help but feel bitter that because of CV we have been just left to get on with it . Follow apps all cancelled, scans, operation and procedures all cancelled . Sorry for the rant. I hope you have a wonderful day at the beach ? sunshine envy

Wishing our dearest dragonfly the best birthday possible today flowers

I’m off to “that place” in a few minutes. Have a couple of calls to make and some emails to sort . I most definitely won’t be dashing to the shops again anytime soon.

Have as good a day as possible everyone .
Love Gillybob x

Urmstongran Mon 15-Jun-20 09:08:20

Love your response Grammaretto! ?

Gingster Mon 15-Jun-20 09:05:18

??. That’s great. Grammeretto