Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(66 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Jun-20 06:14:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry but cloudy start here in Brackley , I have been so used to hearing the Town Hall clock chimes , apparently they have stopped , but cannot be repaired until the 2m distancing is lowered it makes you wonder with other essential maintenance work that is required .
Tried fitting a new toilet seat yesterday , gave up I just want something with a simple screw and washers and a wingnut , put original back on as a temporary measure .
Take Care ,
Mick

Beechnut Mon 15-Jun-20 06:23:16

Good Morning everyone from a dry and cloudy Severnside.

Happy Birthday dragonfly have a lovely day whatever you have decided to do or will be surprised with ??

My plan for today is fuel for the car and a trip to Hobbycraft. I might try B&Q as I want some thin plywood.

I hope you get your toilet seat fixed Mick. Perhaps it needs a good coat of looking at first ?

Stay safe all and have a good day ?

mancgirl Mon 15-Jun-20 06:32:17

Good morning Mick all from a cloudy Manchester. Not much planned today, ironing and a walk. Don't know why we only managed 2 walks last week, not like we have much else to do but didn't get round to it for some reason! I would love to go and have a mooch around the shops today but will give it another week or so. Not been in any since March, getting a bit desperate! Have a good day everyone. (((Hugs))) for those who need one, flowers for those with extra worries and cares.

Bellasnana Mon 15-Jun-20 06:39:07

Good morning from Malta where it is sunny with a slight breeze. Still waiting for the gales that have been forecast.

Wishing dragonfly a very happy birthday. Hope you manage to celebrate your special day in a way that makes you happy.flowers

DD3 has been called in to work today so I am going to take her appointment to have my nails done. It’s a bit earlier than I would have liked, but I need to stop this bad habit of taking things far too easy. I feel I waste such a lot of time when I could be doing something productive.

Good luck with your loo seat, Mick. I had to get a handyman in to do mine as it was far too complicated to figure out.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.☀️

grandMattie Mon 15-Jun-20 06:41:10

Good morning everyone from a bright, sunny E Kent. Forecast is for hot and sunny. We so need the rain for the farmers and our gardens!
Poor old you, Mick, with the toilet seat. No one makes just plain and simple things these days, they all have to come with bells and whistles.
Today, usual walk round the town - literally. There is a wall and a moat, with a rope walk, butts etc. all round, helping to plan for the battle of Agincourt.... Charming little town.
Now our little haberdashery is open today, I might get some fabrics to make a quilt. But since my sewing room is taken over by the painters, I probably shan’t. The anticipation and mental planning is terrific though.
Happy birthday dragonfly. Peace to those with head stuff going on, pain free day to those in pain, all the best to everyone.
Stay safe, stay well.

Marydoll Mon 15-Jun-20 06:43:54

Good morning Mick and all from Glasgow, it's cloudy but 58° already.

Happy birthday, Dragonfly. ???. I hope you have a great day!

Mick, toilet seats were the bane of my husband's life, when my children were still at home. We think my daughter was responsible for the ever swivelling seat. DH was always replacing them.
On occasions I have been known to get the tools out to avoid asking him to sort them. It's not as easy as it looks! wink

DH is off to play golf again. On an other thread, a poster was angry her husband wanted to play golf again, accused him of being selfish.
I on the other hand, think it is extremely altruistic of my husband, as after nearly fourteen weeks of being alone together, he has decided to give me time alone. ?
The only downside is that he is getting up earlier and earlier, just like an excited child on Christmas morning.
I hadn't realised how early, until I tried to post. Mick wasn't even up!!!!?

I had an unexpectedly pleasant day yesterday. I was pottering about the garden, when I heard my friend and her husband in the lane behind my house, so she shouted on me to come out to the front for a chat. Our other friend spotted us, so the coven was formed. wink
Just at that, an acquaintance from church passed on his bike. His wife has had a liver transplant and of course is shielding. It was great to hear how well she is doing, but of course very vulnerable in the present circumstances.
She had to make a long journey to the transplant centre for a check up last week, her only question for her consultant, was could she do socially distance, line dancing? ?

Think of all our regular posters, who are missing and not up to posting at the moment. ? ?
To Brunette, I hope you managed to get some relief last night.
Have the best day you can.

Scentia Mon 15-Jun-20 06:47:26

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. A little grey and misty out there today.
Well with the first week of watching what I eat, I have managed to gain a pound?. I think it needs more effort.
Off to the factory today, I will walk the long way in with the pooch.
I will not be going to the shops just yet, I did find a visit to The. Range rather stressful last week and I knew what I wanted so I don’t think the world of retail is ready for ‘moochers’ just yet.
Take care everyone and stay safe today❤️

NfkDumpling Mon 15-Jun-20 06:47:41

Morning All

The still, misty, moisty morning I woke up to is slowly getting less misty. The sun will have a lot of burning through to do today, it may well stay overcast. Warm though, so I’m happy.

I woke at very silly o’clock with a nasty feeling I’d missed/forgotten to send a card for SiL’s birthday. Much relief to find that it’s not until Wednesday! Hopefully the card shop in town may be open. Apart from listening to DGD3’s reading this morning and the excitement of the Faraway Tree, we’ve nothing else planned.

Pantglas2 Mon 15-Jun-20 06:49:12

Morning all from a dry and bright north Wales- don’t want any more of that thundery stuff they sent yesterday afternoon!

Happy birthday to Dragonfly? and anybody else celebrating today, even if it is a trip to the shops in England! We’re waiting on the FM on Friday to give us new orders on what we can get up to next - how exiting!

That ‘strange meal’ turned out to be an old favourite Beechnut - sausage egg chips and beans!

Have a lovely day everyone and stay safe x

cornergran Mon 15-Jun-20 06:51:21

Morning Mick, morning All. Much brighter start to our corner of Somerset. Hoping to repair some of the havoc the torrential rain caused in the garden then on to this week’s ‘to do’ list. We may try for a walk in the evening if there’s energy left, fibro flare up may not allow. Wishing you a very happy birthday dragonfly, have as good a day as possible in this restricted world. My sympathies with the toilet seat mick, ours came with a 6 page instruction booklet. What happened to simple? Hope Monday is as good as it can be for everyone, be gentle with yourselves.

NfkDumpling Mon 15-Jun-20 06:53:17

A very Happy Birthday Dragonfly! ???????????

(I’ve learned to post first on this thread as otherwise I just keep reading as more and more pop on thick and fast at this time of day!)

Nannytopsy Mon 15-Jun-20 06:55:27

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Another lovely morning in Suffolk.
Our local auction house has a plant auction this afternoon, all outdoors with socially distanced bidding posts so we may give it a go. I got some great bargains there in the autumn.
Happy birthday Dragonfly! Enjoy your day.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Sar53 Mon 15-Jun-20 07:01:24

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny and warm Essex by the sea.
DH has to meet up with a work colleague this morning to hand over a load of 'stuff' that resides in the boot of his car. I will get on with the washing and the cleaning as usual.
A walk by the sea later. I have no desire to visit the shops today or any other day.
The things I really miss, apart from seeing my daughters and granddaughters, is stopping for coffee and cake. When we were out on Saturday it is the thing we both wanted to do but couldn't.
Happy Birthday Dragonfly, have a lovely day ??.
Enjoy your day and stay safe everyone xx

Scentia Mon 15-Jun-20 07:03:25

NfkDumpling
Oh yes, you need to be up and at it early these days. I can spend nearly an hour reading them all at the end of the day sometimes.
I realise I have missed all sorts of stuff if I don’t. Like I missed it was dragonfly birthday today, must have been in yesterday’s thread! Do you think Mick is going to have to just let a few in at a time so we can remain SD? it is getting a rather busy place to be. I hope people don’t feel neglected if there news is missed❤️

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Jun-20 07:06:24

Good Morning everyone. Another glorious day here in S. of France. I’m off to the ?‍♀️ hairdresser complete with my own magazine and mask and coffee. I shall then return a big tray of ? plants to a friend’s garden - I’ve helped myself to what I need !

Momentous Monday Announcement : The President has confirmed ALL Virus restrictions lifted today - except for large gatherings. (Rioters will probably continue to make their own plans - as per.)

Our good friend is coming to France today .....to live. Owned a holiday house here for 25 years - finally planned to travel from Canada months ago but got stuck in Switzerland when all borders closed. Today borders open again inside Europe, he can put his plan into action. We’ll go around this morning and (ceremoniously?) raise his shutters for his arrival later today!

Much more importantly......have a very Happy Birthday, dragonfly and the happy, healthy start to the much better year you so deserve. Huge hugs from me, and all your fans. ??????

Wishing all G M Mondayers a good day!

dragonfly46 Mon 15-Jun-20 07:10:27

Good morning from a warm but overcast day.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Not sure what is planned but it will include FaceTime and Zoom with the family.

Toilet seats are a pain. Ours always starts to wobble after a time. Hope you get yours sorted Mick.

Thinking of those who are struggling.

Urmstongran Mon 15-Jun-20 07:20:03

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another fabulous start to the week and we are off down to the beach in a couple of hours ??

We walked into Torremolinos and back yesterday. An hour and a half each way. We had beers then a delicious salad and shared a pizza al fresco.

Today for the beach it will be sandwiches ?
Tinned red salmon and a bottle of water hehe! Plus an apple of course ...
?

I will take my Kindle, choose a new book and put my feet up on a sunlounger. Well someone has to do it!

Many happy returns of the day dragonfly! ??
Did you get to have Evie again over the weekend gillybob? How is your husband these days? It must be lovely to have him home with you, even in these strange times, after everything you both went through. I bet you think about Kate Garraway’s awful situation.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Jun-20 07:25:59

Good morning Mick and all x

Happy Birthday Dragonfly ???

Oh dear Mick, be careful

Can confirm Sar53 lovely bright sunny day here in S E Essex.

Ironing today and pottering.

Keep safe and well folks ?

Pittcity Mon 15-Jun-20 07:30:39

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Very humid and rain is forecast for later. I have no hankering to investigate the shops but will need to brave them soon.

DH has gone fishing and I relish the space. Our Lidl has started allowing couples in together and he found out......

Happy Birthday dragonfly?

mancgirl Mon 15-Jun-20 07:31:06

Happy birthday dragonfly . Have it's a wonderful day. Urmston not a bit jealous!

brook2704 Mon 15-Jun-20 07:36:12

Good morning everyone from Inverness, it’s the third day in a row with a grey and misty start but with the promise of it brightening up again soon.
Yesterday was quite relaxing, I didn’t go anywhere just a lazy sort of day really. Not much planned for today either but I’ll think of something to do ...
Lots of news to read on here this morning whilst I’m still lazing in bed ... I like scentias idea of letting a few in at a time ... ?
Wishing a very Happy Birthday to Dragonfly ??
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and has a lovely time whatever you’re doing
Take care ?

kittylester Mon 15-Jun-20 07:38:01

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire. We have the gardener coming again today to finish up the work she did a couple of weeks ago.

We had a fabulous day yesterday. DD2 and family came and we sat in the garden for 4 hours. The girls were lovely and stuck to the rules though they did pick rather a lot of flowers to decorate their sun hats.

About 10 minutes after they left we had a fabulous storm.

Many happy returns to dragonfly. Have the best day possible!!

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 15-Jun-20 07:48:21

Very happy birthday Dragonfly from Hampshire/Surrey borders. You deserve a day filled with joy.

Thank you to all the GMers who start my day with your daily ‘doings’. You can have no idea how much it matters to all us lurkers.

Thinking of all who struggle and feel down during these tough times.

Urmstongran Mon 15-Jun-20 07:51:03

Morning Oldbutstilluseful ?
Jump in ‘lurkers’ - the water’s lovely!

harrigran Mon 15-Jun-20 07:59:07

Good morning from a misty NE.
DD arrived back in Brussels after an all day train journey, she skyped me to update us, only one other passenger on the train.
Washing and ironing day which DH does, I will take myself off to the study to write a few words for BIL's funeral. A request from my sister because none of UK relatives can attend.
Happy Birthday Dragonfly.