Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Jun-20 06:14:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry but cloudy start here in Brackley , I have been so used to hearing the Town Hall clock chimes , apparently they have stopped , but cannot be repaired until the 2m distancing is lowered it makes you wonder with other essential maintenance work that is required .
Tried fitting a new toilet seat yesterday , gave up I just want something with a simple screw and washers and a wingnut , put original back on as a temporary measure .
Take Care ,
Mick

Oldbutstilluseful Mon 15-Jun-20 08:08:23

Thank you Urmstongran. I love your thoughts from Malaga and am always interested to find out what you’re reading. As for your lunches out.... ?!

Brunette10 Mon 15-Jun-20 08:14:51

Good Morning from another day in Fife where it's very dreech to say the least.

Happy Birthday Dragonfly I hope you have a lovely day, just enjoy. DH has appointment at the skip to take a few things away. The system I believe is working well. I'm trying very hard with my back but I just want to feel myself again. In extreme pain. Taking Co-codamol but makes feel very sleepy and gives me severe heart-burn. Oh dear what a moan I am, I won't share this boring news again. Hope everyone has a good day. Chin up.

Ginny42 Mon 15-Jun-20 08:17:04

Good morning *Mick and all from a lovely morning in Cheshire. It's a perfect start to the day after the recent storms. What a lot of bother with the loo seat Mick. I can't imagine a loo seat with bells and whistles grandMattie. grin

Happy birthday Dragonfly. I'm sure your family and friends will make it lovely day. flowers

I walk in the woods at 9.00 and some work related stuff today which will keep me busy and a supermarket delivery later with a few treats.

Warm wishes to all, especially anyone with worries. flowers

Puzzler61 Mon 15-Jun-20 08:23:01

Good morning to Mick and followers.
dragonfly Happy Birthday to you ? ???✉️??
Nannytopsy the plant auction sounds great, wish I were closer to come too.
harrigran I’m sure the harrowing job of writing a eulogy will be worth the sorrow and appreciated by your family
Scentia what diet was that ? Throw the instructions away! ?
kitty I have a lovely picture in my mind of your DGD’s making their flowery sun hats. They obviously enjoyed the visit as much as you did.
Urmstongran - the beach on your doorstep and tinned red salmon sandwiches - I love the sound of your day.
Marydoll long may the men go to golf, especially when the weather is good, they come back cheery.
Pants sausages for tea. Yum. Lost count of how many pounds of sausages we’ve eaten since lockdown. Sausage and mash, sausage and chips, sausage casserole, sausage and baked beans!
Mickyou and my DH could have a long moan about loo seats. He’s fitted a few in his time and it always ends in swearing before it’s done securely.
Fondest wishes to all grans. Stay safe if you’re out, and enjoy a little nap if you lost sleep in the night or just cos you feel like it ? ?

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 15-Jun-20 08:43:06

Good morning from east London, sunny and blue outside with a bit of a breeze. Tennis at lunchtime today, numbers playing doubles starting to grow. Hardest bit is not keeping social distance but not touching your face; didn’t realise how much I do it. Garden shed nearly finished; DP was willing to take a break yesterday to see DD and family. GD1 is not very impressed with school work at home so DD has to mix things up a bit. GD2 is nearly sitting up on her own now; she was so chuffed sitting up in her pram with the occasional lean over. I love the way babies can just bend in half at the waist.
Loo seats, not a happy topic; DP got a fancy one when we refurbished the netty, one where the lid is supposed to descend gradually. Not a hope. We’ve got a bad ant invasion in part of the kitchen, not sure if the sensory device DP bought (the shop didn’t have the gel I wanted) is attracting them more than driving them away so Hoover is being heavily employed.
Happy birthday to dragonfly and to any other birthdayers today.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Urmstongran Mon 15-Jun-20 08:44:16

‘Cheshire Oaks’ is opening today Ginny42!
? ?

Lins1066 Mon 15-Jun-20 08:44:45

Good Morning Mick and all, the sun is coming out here on the S Welsh coast. Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day, very warm in the afternoon. DD finished painting her garage before decking is laid this week.
We have just had our water meter readings taken, so a bill is imminent. Full joy.
Nothing planned except some laundry and a walk.
Happy Birthday dragonfly ???? I hope you have a lovely day.
Stay safe everyone.

Greyduster Mon 15-Jun-20 08:45:04

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dry start in South Yorkshire but I don’t think we can depend on it staying that way. A nice walk in the woods with DD et al yesterday and then coffee in their garden. We have inside windows to clean today and some weeding to do if the rain stays off.
A very Happy Birthday, dragonfly. Have a lovely day!
Stay safe, folks, whatever you’re doing.

Gelisajams Mon 15-Jun-20 08:47:14

Good morning from a warm calm Morecambe Bay. Off gardening shortly. Going to try and get 3 done today so the rest of the week is free apart from the church garden. But because I’m doing that voluntarily, it feels more like doing my own garden. It’s surprising how different it is gardening for your job and gardening for yourself.
Wishing everyone a good day, and special birthday wishes to Dragonfly? take care and stay safe. ?

Gingster Mon 15-Jun-20 08:48:47

Good morning and it’s another lovely day here in the Suffolk coast. Yesterday was beautiful and after working in the garden and walking little pooch in the morning, we had a chicken dinner, al fresco, and slept on the lounger for an hour. Perfect bliss.

Coffee with a neighbour this morning . I have no intentions of going into the shops. I haven’t missed it one bit and don’t want to wander around them. I only shop when I need something, and I really can’t think of anything I need right now. Good luck to all the small businesses and I truly hope they survive. ☘️

Happy birthday Dragonfly . Have a hap hap happy day ?.

* Marydoll* I’m glad you were able to have a chat with your pals . It does you the power of good. I always feel so much better seeing friends.

urmstongran enjoy your book on the beach. Find a good one.

Mick go careful on your toilet seat. I bought a new one for DH to fit . It said ‘easy to fit’ . Took him 2 hours, ?

Have a gentle day, all you GN ers. ??

Anniebach Mon 15-Jun-20 08:52:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Mon 15-Jun-20 08:55:37

I just tried on this blue bikini for the beach. Himself thinks it really suits me and took a photo. What do you think girls - am I good to go?
?

Grammaretto Mon 15-Jun-20 08:57:40

Happy Dragonfly's birthday Monday everyone from the Scottish Borders where it is raining again.
Dragonfly you have had your best present already with the news that your treatment was successful! But I hope you are properly fussed over.
Ouch Brunette I hate to think of you in such agony. Call the doctor or osteopath for advice

Urmstongran. I love to hear about your days now. After all that time cooped up, you deserve a proper holiday.

I have a good friend in Majorca who is leaving at the end of the month. She was intending to come back sooner but for this virus. For her it couldn't have been a better place to be holed up!

Grammaretto Mon 15-Jun-20 08:59:26

Oh really Matron really !! Urmston grin

Grammaretto Mon 15-Jun-20 09:01:43

Ooh matron!

Gingster Mon 15-Jun-20 09:04:22

Wowsers! You go girl !,, ?

Gingster Mon 15-Jun-20 09:05:18

??. That’s great. Grammeretto

Urmstongran Mon 15-Jun-20 09:08:20

Love your response Grammaretto! ?

gillybob Mon 15-Jun-20 09:09:25

Good morning from the NE coast where we have yet another miserable day on the cards. The fog horn has been sounding all night and we are shrouded in that horrible cold and wet mist again. A lot more bad weather to come according to last nights weather forecast . Sigh......

I had little Evie Buttons yesterday again and have her tomorrow too . Just wish the weather would improve as she loves being outdoors . I have an appointment for her feet to be measured at Clarks tomorrow, as she’s desperate for shoes . She has grown so much since lockdown .

Yes Urms I do follow Kate Garroway and her poor husbands story quite closely . Nothing can prepare you for the days and nights of agony watching your loved one being kept alive by machines . When my DH was eventually brought out of his coma (after 2 previous attempts ) he suffered from the most awful delirium which I found to be extremely difficult and upsetting. He still has the most awful nightmares and flash backs (PTSD) and I can’t help but feel bitter that because of CV we have been just left to get on with it . Follow apps all cancelled, scans, operation and procedures all cancelled . Sorry for the rant. I hope you have a wonderful day at the beach ? sunshine envy

Wishing our dearest dragonfly the best birthday possible today flowers

I’m off to “that place” in a few minutes. Have a couple of calls to make and some emails to sort . I most definitely won’t be dashing to the shops again anytime soon.

Have as good a day as possible everyone .
Love Gillybob x

Mapleleaf Mon 15-Jun-20 09:17:22

Good morning all,

It's a rather dull looking morning at the moment and is forecast to remain so for most of the day here in South Yorkshire, perhaps brightening around teatime.

Happy birthday daragonfly. Enjoy your day. ????

No big plans for today. I might varnish a planter DH got for his birthday to make it weather proof, but otherwise not sure what I'll be up to.

Those of you planning to hit the shops, have fun! I think I'll be waiting for the novelty to ease off before I go anywhere near a shop - the only shop I go to is the local supermarket and occasionally the local garden centre.

Hope you all have a good day, whatever your plans. ?

EllanVannin Mon 15-Jun-20 09:18:44

Good Morning All x Happy Birthday, Dragonfly xx

A bit sticky this morning, even after a second storm yesterday teatime. You'd have thought the air would have cleared after the first one the other night. Peculiar weather, in keeping with these times.

Gulls are screaming which is usually a sign of yet another storm brewing. It's very still too, not a leaf stirring.
I really fancy a walk down on the beach-----but so will everyone else grin Thinking of Urmston and the beach smile

Shopping doesn't look much of a pleasure yet, queues and no mooching, not for me I'm afraid but I'm not desperate.

The M&S ready meal went down well yesterday and I did extra potatoes. A creamy bread-pudding for afters. Half a chicken pie today with new pots and broccoli so not doing so badly.

I've visited the battlefield of Agincourt in the past, GrandMattie. A very interesting visit and remember feeling the weight of those chain-mail suits they wore. I think I've covered most of Northern France. Loved it. Hope one or two of the GGC can manage to go there in the future.

Nothing much brewing today in the way of anything, just finished a lovely positive phone-call from a friend which has set me up for the day.
Crumpets are calling now, so I hope this finds everyone safe and well and Mick solves his wobbly seat.
Stay safe everyone and with thoughts to those who aren't managing so well.xx

Kalu Mon 15-Jun-20 09:21:00

Good morning from another light grey start in Glasgow, similar to yesterday which eventually became a glorious sunny day so we enjoyed lunch al fresco under the shade from a cherry tree. Pottering about and long coffee breaks lazing in the shade reading my book was such a good day.

Happy Birthday Dragonfly???? and many happy returns of the day.
Hope you find the solution to replacing your toilet seat Mick?
I can feel the happiness in your post kitty. Absolutely Fabulous and great timing weather wise too.

The sun has now appeared which means a quick flick of basic housework, washing on and a day in the garden. Bliss

Hoping those of you going through difficult times feel a bit better today?

Have a good day everyone whatever your plans may be.

Marydoll Mon 15-Jun-20 09:30:49

Kalu, what sun? envy

Georgesgran Mon 15-Jun-20 09:35:24

Morning all from Durham. Having a bit of a lie-in today.

Harrigran, I hope you find the right words for your eulogy-my friend delivered his for his son and the Humanist Speaker was so moved, she couldn’t carry on with the service!

Very saddened to see the riots in Newcastle at the weekend. Right wing hooligans claiming they were there to defend the statue of Earl Grey! That would be the chap who’s government abolished slavery?? Morons!
Ended up hurling bottles and bricks at the police and their horses, whilst the BLM march, held behind a line of Police Officers just sang!

GP Surgery later to collect specimen bottles for DH - trying to crack these repeated water infections, then just to be daring - might drive a few miles to use a different branch of Virgin!

Hope everyone has the best day they can.

jacq10 Mon 15-Jun-20 09:52:23

Morning Mick and followers from the very misty north of Scotland. Same as yesterday and the haar lifted mid morning and was fine until mid afternoon when it returned. Good to read all the posts which I do daily and give myself a talking to but like Brunette10 am still feeling the pain after the fall. The doctor gave me a prescription for Codeine which I have been taking along with Paracetamol and Ibrufen but I have stopped the Codeine as it was upsetting my stomach. Wish I could join in Urmstongran's walk as have done it many times. It would help if the heat would build up a bit here but at least we are not having the heavy rain many of you have had. Hope folks in England try out their new "freedoms" and let us know how it goes.