Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Jun-20 06:14:44

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry but cloudy start here in Brackley , I have been so used to hearing the Town Hall clock chimes , apparently they have stopped , but cannot be repaired until the 2m distancing is lowered it makes you wonder with other essential maintenance work that is required .
Tried fitting a new toilet seat yesterday , gave up I just want something with a simple screw and washers and a wingnut , put original back on as a temporary measure .
Take Care ,
Mick

alltheglitterglue Mon 15-Jun-20 10:20:38

Morning everyone. Happy birthday dragonfly it’s a warm day here in the South West, blue skies with some fluffy white clouds.

Not sure what I’m going to do today, DH is working as per. I’ve lots of admin phone calls to make today.

Hymnbook Mon 15-Jun-20 10:25:14

Morning everyone. I hope you are all keeping well. A damp misty morning here in Sherwood Nottingham. Quite humid not good weather for germs. My youngest sister went to work on the bus this morning glasses steamed up. Long queues tkmaxx and Primark. Her husband starts back to work today . Stressed and anxious l think things are more worrying now than before.

Kalu Mon 15-Jun-20 10:26:17

I think we had maybe 30mins. of sun Marydoll?‍♀️ Back to normal. I have a washing on so no doubt ‘light showers’ will catch me out, always when washing is almost dry!

Good to see you here this morning jacq. Codeine always upsets my stomach and I take Omeprazole to counteract the upset. Hope your pain eases soon for you and for you too Brunette

Kalu Mon 15-Jun-20 10:28:54

Forgot to say Wooty Woo Urmstongran. Good to see you have been keeping yourself in shape during lockdown. You look so much younger and the blue is stunning on you?

mrswoo Mon 15-Jun-20 10:32:11

Good morning from a grey, misty Newcastle - and now its started raining. For some foolish reason I thought today was meant to be warm and sunny.
I'm having a long lie this morning as my fitbit informs me I slept for 2 hours and 15 minutes last night. Maybe if I stopped wearing a fitbit to bed I might actually sleep better. Either way I'm exhausted this morning.
I had an enjoyable Zoom quiz with some of my old work colleagues last night. It was lovely "seeing" them all again. I was the only retired participant which might explain my pathetic score. They are all in Scotland so still have more restrictions than we do south of the border although a couple of them are working giving emergency cover for that opticians "you should have gone to"

Wishing dragonfly a very happy birthdayflowers I hope you have a lovely day.
Enjoy the sunshine if you are lucky enough to have some and have the best day possible everyone.

Forgot to say. We have a slowly descending loo seat it's a nightmare if its left up as you have to wait an age for it to gradually go back down. Hopeless if you are in a hurry!

ann678tifney Mon 15-Jun-20 10:34:53

Morning everyone, at work this morning first Monday since lock down seems a bit strange, trying to work up to doing full time, just have to sort my DH, as he is sheilding, and needs someone with him part of the day, my aim is to be back full time beginning of July, my boss has been really good about it and let me come back at my own pace. Had a lovely surprise last night, we always have a family quiz on a Sunday, logged on with Eldest GD telling us she wouldn't be doing it, and then came a photo of why!!! our new GGS was born yesterday afternoon, he wasn't due for another 4 weeks so a very big surprise, and both are doing very well. We now have 2 GGS's and 2 GGD's, making me feel very old lol Its dry here but dull and quite cold, hopefully it will improve as the day goes on. Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

Puzzler61 Mon 15-Jun-20 10:50:30

Congratulations ann678. What a fabulous surprise for you?
? ??

Roses Mon 15-Jun-20 10:54:03

Oh Urmstongran we could be twins!!!!!!!!!

CherryCezzy Mon 15-Jun-20 11:07:38

Morning everyone from another sunny day in Gower.

? Happy Birthday dragonfly, I hope you have a pleasant day FaceTiming and zooming with your family ? ? ?.

We have plans to make an escape to the coast shortly but ? because the weather is so lovely. We will probably still do it just so we can hear the sound and smell that lovely sea. We may just sit in the car though.

Have a good day whatever you are doing folks, sending ??? to those who need them and thinking of our temporary absentees.

Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Grandmabatty Mon 15-Jun-20 11:25:31

Good morning all. I'm new to grans net. Can I join your chat? I've lurked and enjoyed your sense of friendship and kindness to each other.

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Jun-20 11:56:16

Please join in in the mornings, Grandmabatty - your name suggests that you'll fit right in ! grin. Just tell us each day where you're from and what the weather's like.

Have a lovely Monday - the best one you can.

Urms I never had you down as a Katie Price lookalike. Oooh dear, Matron, indeed! Don't get a gravy tan and you must cover up that awful stocking top tattoo - bet your neighbour on the landing wasn't expecting that ! grin

Beechnut Mon 15-Jun-20 12:16:38

‘Course you can Grandmabatty, welcome.

Urm why have you left one of your stockings on ??

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Jun-20 13:16:34

Grandmabatty

Good morning all. I'm new to grans net. Can I join your chat? I've lurked and enjoyed your sense of friendship and kindness to each other.

Welcome to the morning gang

GrannyGravy13 Mon 15-Jun-20 13:17:58

Urmstongran there was a film crew at Cheshire Oaks ready for when the gate was unlocked.........unfortunately they had the wrong keys so opening was delayed ???

Kalu Mon 15-Jun-20 14:04:19

A warm welcome to you Grandmabatty. Glad you decided to join us.

Puzzler61 Mon 15-Jun-20 14:04:41

Hi Grandmabatty and Welcome. I joined about 5 weeks ago and everyone is so friendly on this thread. Come back tomorrow - the more the merrier. ?