Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(44 Posts)
12Michael Sat 20-Jun-20 06:19:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry with grey cloud at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterday , was interesting as to my day , I went to Buckingham to see if I could get a toilet seat spare , was told return one i had without spares for fitting .
It made a break on the bus , meeting up with people I have not seen for 13 weeks .
And chatting with distancing and face masks on.
Got my Fish & Chips , shop owner glad to be reopened, instead of siting in the garden , but prices have gone up by 35p .
Take Care,
Mick

CherryCezzy Sat 20-Jun-20 13:33:37

Good afternoon from a beautiful sunny day in Gower.

It's been one of those mornings ?. I won't bore you all with the details.

I haven't even read any of you lovely peoples posts yet today blush.

I hope that all of you are having a lovely Saturday. ? and my very best wishes if you are not.

Take care and stay safe everyone ❤️

Georgesgran Sat 20-Jun-20 11:25:24

Good morning from Durham where it’s bright and sunny! No real plans for the day but perhaps might pull out a few more weeds - deck chair off Titanic comes to mind! Got bedding plants at a local nursery yesterday, but forgot to buy compost!!

Have a good day everyone. X

Kalu Sat 20-Jun-20 11:16:08

Good morning from a lovely sunny day in Glasgow. Washing already hanging out so at least I have a constructive start and feeling full of beans this morning. I have never eaten beans, can’t even bear to look at them, yuck.

Our trip to the garden centre was cancelled yesterday as just before we had planned to go, the heavens opened. Oh well, the garden had a good soak which was a plus. Still nice to know it’s something we can do whenever we feel like it now and having DD1 and the girls popping in as they always did is wonderful.

I decided to WhatsApp DD2 in Australia before I went to sleep last night. Started off with, good morning, are you having to go into the office today, she is mainly working from home, her reply with many laughing icons, it’s Saturday! I really must start paying attention to what day it is. This is what becomes of each day being just another similar day and makes no difference what day it is and having no need to plan our week.?

No idea what to get up to today but I can always find something to keep me busy.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and warm wishes to those of you who are struggling. Hope your day goes well BlueSapphire.

Gingster Sat 20-Jun-20 10:56:31

Good morning from another glorious day on the Suffolk coast. A bit breezy but I think it would be too hot without it.

We don’t often have magpies here but a couple of huge crows who hang around and fight with the seagulls. The other teatime we were having our meal on trays when we heard some Irate banging in the window. It made us jump out if our skin. It was the crow trying to get In to our waving Donald Trump ornament on the window sill. (Someone bought it for DH’s 70th) ?. Even the crows are trying to get at him!

Had planned to have a swim In the sea today but the current looks strong so we’ll leave it for a calmer day.

Wish I could have my hair done. It’s looked ok up until this last week but now just out of shape and colour.

We had a. Adder slither past our feet in the garden yesterday, as we were having a cuppa. They are so pretty and more scared of us . Only bite if threatened. I was worried for our little pooch but she was snoozing near by and was oblivious, thank goodness.

Having Moules marinier this evening and will imagine I’m in French France with you Grammafrench with a glass of red and a baguette. ??.

Have a pleasant day all ?♥️

Urmstongran Sat 20-Jun-20 10:45:35

I keep filling my lungs daily to keep them topped up bet I wasn’t the only one on here to take a nice deep breath at that moment EV upon reading that!
?

Newquay Sat 20-Jun-20 10:24:37

Second wash about to go on the line here in Staffs-good forecast today. Will go through shower shortly. Going to local DD1 for lunch/afternoon tea for Father’s Day and then stay for tea-they’re in our bubble.
Must be back home for 7.30 as have first own supermarket delivery coming-how exciting is that?
Anyway OP, where is Polmont then?

EllanVannin Sat 20-Jun-20 10:10:22

Good Morning All x.
Well, an hour ago I thought what a lovely day-----sky's covered in cloud now so not sure whether to wash or not as I know tomorrow's forecast is crummy. It can wait until next week, nothing urgent.

I've noticed the change in the clearer smell of the air, it's lovely and reminds me of times past when there was less traffic both on the ground and in the air. I keep filling my lungs daily to keep them topped up.

I don't envisage much housework being done apart from a bit of tidying up and clothes sorting, which is getting a bit desperate for space. No charity collections so it can go in the shed.

I had a giggle at Nortsat's post about her being " up the chimney ".

I was in Spain again---in my mind, as I do when reading Urmston's post, which set me off. This time I was inside a cave at Nerja and friend and I were the only ones left with the guide as others had fled halfway in grin Also another cave we visited had animal paintings on the walls, can't just remember where that was, then on to Gibraltar's St Michael's caves with a coloured light area where rock concerts are/were held.

We were game for anything and made sure we fitted everything in on our hols. All the trips which were available, we were on them. We certainly got our money's worth wherever we went in the world. Money well spent. Couldn't do it now for a variety of reasons. I stopped when I was 70 with a final trip with friends in a villa in Cyprus---brilliant.

A far cry from where we all are today !

Home-made burgers and chips today so nice and easy. The butcher minces some nice steak so that they're not swimming in fat with ordinary mince.

Just having a bit of a whinge looking at the little boy raising all that money, bless his little heart. It brings you right down to earth about the cruelty that goes on involving children.sad

I'll have to go and have a wash and liven myself up as I don't want to be on a downer for the rest of the day.

I hope everyone's doing alright and I wish you all a pleasant day. xx

Grammaretto Sat 20-Jun-20 10:04:57

Good morning from the Scottish Borders and it is a good one.
The dust is far too visible so I have been hacking in the garden instead.
I read about your shearing Pantglas and was recalling a day at the Welsh show when we watched the sheep being shorn.
That was a hot day.
Nothing much planned here this weekend but I am not champing at the bit to escape. I posted a parcel at the post office yesterday wearing a mask and a return to anything like how it was will be gradual. It's nice knowing we can go for a walk now if we want to but nothing so adventurous as the intrepid Marydoll

I hope to hear the toilet seat fits Mick
Have a happy Saturday everyone.

jacq10 Sat 20-Jun-20 10:03:13

Good morning Mick and all. The sun has actually broken through here in the Highlands. Can you order a cortado and pitufo for me Urmstongran? Good to hear you are able to socialize again Marydoll - it will keep your mind of Monday. I am looking forward to tomorrow as joining DS and DGS for Father's Day. I'm in their "bubble" now and so looking forward to my first hug from DGS since March

BladeAnnie Sat 20-Jun-20 09:44:20

Morning all from a breezy mid-Notts. Sunny earlier but a little overcast now. Hopefully a garden visit from DD2 this afternoon so fingers crossed it will stay fine for us. Stay safe everyone and may Saturday be kind to us all x

Grandmabatty Sat 20-Jun-20 09:40:23

Good morning to mick and all. It's a bright day in Polmont. Sunshine and clouds in equal measure. I've hit a washing out, one on and I've done some housework. Just off to babysit my grandson to let my daughter do the tesco run. Have a happy Saturday everyone x

gillybob Sat 20-Jun-20 09:37:39

Good morning from the NE coast where we have woken to the first dry morning in weeks . I can actually see something bright in the sky , daren’t say the word sunshine for fear of it disappearing .

Decided to clean the inside of my trusty old car yesterday afternoon which ended up taking hours as it was what I can only describe as “manky” . Still showing the aftermath of school runs for the older DGC with little Evie Button in tow, so plenty sweetie wrappers, crushed biscuits and dried mud . Spent ages vacuuming, shampooing , polishing and shining and it looks like a new pin . A few of my neighbours even commented on my hard work as they passed by and I had the usual shouts of “you can do mine next if you like...” “erm no thanks” smile

Went for a little walk with DH later on and we got caught in a huge downpour and were soaked to the skin. We were literally in the middle of the park and the rain started lashing down. Nowhere to hide so no choice but to just keep on walking . We ended up having a good laugh about it as we had happy memories of the last time we got soaked like that .

Ended up having a very rare (these days) Indian takeaway for supper as I just couldn’t muster up the energy to cook anything . Thoroughly enjoyed it .

As for today, nothing planned other than a little shop maybe and then maybe enjoying pottering in the garden if it stays dry . I think I have little Miss Evie tomorrow.

Your post made me laugh out loud Nortsat I wonder what on Earth he was dreaming ? Maybe remembering a past life where you were a chimney sweep or maybe Mrs Santa ? grin

Enjoy messing about in the river in your Kayak GrandmaFrench it sounds really good fun . We get loads of Magpies around these parts and they’re so noisy . They can pick my bird feeders clean in one sitting . Such good looking birds but not the nicest as they scare the smaller birds off.

So lovely that you were able to have a socially distanced meet up with your friends Marydoll . smile do take it easy this weekend won’t you ? I mean at least try ....we know what you’re like hmm

Have as good a Saturday as possible everyone.
Love, Gillybob xx

Nannytopsy Sat 20-Jun-20 09:23:16

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Sunny in Suffolk and a dry forecast so I shall put what I hope will be the final coat on the front door today.
Our DS was locked out yesterday so called here on his way home for our set of keys. He came into the garden and sat with us for a while. I was so excited! It was our first visitor since March, apart from short chats on the drive. We really enjoyed showing off the changes we have made in the garden.
Take away curry tonight and a family Zoom quiz. I must prepare our round. We thought questions on maps.
Enjoy the day as best you can

Grandmafrench Sat 20-Jun-20 09:12:10

Good Morning everyone!

Another fantastic day. Off out for a little Kayak exercise on the water, then lunch and loafing by/in the ?‍♀️ pool. A pretty hard day......but someone has to do it. ?

Magpies are really loud, aren’t they? And no volume control. Our rescued one, years ago in the UK, used to do his own version of the dawn chorus by banging on our bedroom window for some breakfast and conversation when the mood took him. He was such a character , we couldn’t be cross. If he failed with his alarm call, we knew he’d stomp off down the Close for an al fresco breakfast, peeling the tops off the odd gold label milk to steal the cream. Used to cost us a fortune replacing neighbours’ milk if the milkman hadn’t covered the bottles properly!

Good weather on the way for all you gardeners to enjoy the outdoors again and, hopefully, use your space for lots of much needed get togethers, gossip and fun. Have the best day all, but remember to keep safe.

Hugs from French France ?? ?

Lins1066 Sat 20-Jun-20 09:08:45

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny S Welsh coast.
Went for a short walk yesterday afternoon, it was nice to get out. Hope everyone enjoys their family get togethers today, think you've all chosen the better day of the weekend, ours is tomorrow.
Stay safe.

Greyduster Sat 20-Jun-20 08:59:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Nice to see the sun shining through the bedroom curtains, but it’s breezy. Hope it calms down as we are having a takeaway in DD’s garden from their local Italian restaurant this evening. In the meantime some gardening for me. The weeds are taking over. Have a good day folks!

Anniebach Sat 20-Jun-20 08:56:44

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Pantglas2 Sat 20-Jun-20 08:45:30

Bloomin eck Marydoll you haven’t time to go to hospital on Monday! I’ve just woken up and read your thread and I’m tired already!

Glorious day in north Wales where the first wash is on and I’ve been chamberpotted, courtesy of DH! I’m so exited today as the Grand Shearing will take place this evening when my friend makes my hair presentable again!

Have a lovely weekend and stay safe x

Marydoll Sat 20-Jun-20 08:36:44

Good morning all from Glasgow, where the sun is peeping through the clouded.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your day out Mick. You have put me in the notion for a fish supper tonight. The only problem is that we need to get it delivered and it's usually a bit soggy by the time it arrives.

Bellasnana, I ended up cutting my hair yesterday, I was so desparate. I will be in even more need of a proper haircut by the time. I'm set free. The earliest I will be allowed a haircut is August! Since lockdown began I have blonde ( probably actually white) streaks appearing in my naturally red hair, my neighbours think I have secretly been getting highlights put in at the hairdressers.?

Yesterday was a busy day indeed. I attempted a haircut, did a batch of baking and then a bit of housework, while DH was golfing,
However, DH appeared to have sprinted around the golf course, he was back far too soon for my liking!! wink

My lovely neighbour invited me over to sit in her garden. She had moved all the furniture more than 2m apart and was spraying everything with Dettol when I arrived.
Then my other neighbour friend arrived and we spent the afternoon putting the world to rights. We three have been following the guidelines rigorously, so I felt quite safe.
It was such a tonic to have some company.

Then it all went pear shaped. The Tesco delivery arrived and things went downhill from them.
I had a mixture of our shopping, my daughter's and my lovely neighbour's all in my porch.
It feels like doing a marathon trying to separate it all out, Grandmattie, that's the only geriatric Olympics, I will be attempting from now on.
Then I realised some of my items were missing and there were bags of things I didn't think were on the list.
DH had to phone DD whose was working from home and was in the middle of a conference call. She was not amused!

It turned out some random shopper had my shopping and me theirs. I phoned Tesco and got the loveliest and most helpful young lady.
As I'm shielding and due to the danger of cross contamination, they would have to send me a new order, rather than get the driver to return with mine. Their decision, not mine. Full marks Tesco.
Initially I was told I could keep all of the stranger's order, (yippee) but when they realised how many bags there were, it had to go back.☹️
A couple of hours later, a new delivery arrived. Some items were still missing, including my PORTUGUESE CUSTARD TARTS and the lamb was off!.

Back onto Tesco again. A lovely young man adjusted my bill, refunded my delivery charge and gave me a voucher as compensation. Well done Tesco! Whew, I was exhausted and of course so was Mr MD, who was happy to offer advice, from the comfort of the sofa, tired after a hard day's work on the golf course. wink

Looking forward to DD's visit today, her fiancé is a star, having gone for my many prescriptions, as I'm too far away to get them delivered. He now has it on a shopping app, where he reads the fourteen items out to the pharmacist to tick off, as there is usually something missing and the chemist is quite a distance away, it's a pain to have to go back.
The pharmacy staff are most impressed with my his technical expertise. ?

Wishing everyone a pleasant day and hoping it won't be too wet where you are.

harrigran Sat 20-Jun-20 08:34:53

Good morning from a brighter NE.
Went for a walk after lunch yesterday, it was just around the perimeter of the estate, there were so many people out you could not just amble.
Struggled to find something to watch on TV last night then came across the film Their Finest, wartime propaganda fim makers, really enjoyed it.
DH has been out for a newspaper so it is breakfast time now.
Take care everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Sat 20-Jun-20 08:26:00

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny but clouds look to be gathering. Highlight of the day is a trip to the tip as they’ve relaxed restrictions on what we can take there. Appointment is booked although as DP’s back is playing up again, I’ll be doing most of the carrying. Hopefully the news of pubs reopening will cheer him up a bit. Hope you have a good day.

ninathenana Sat 20-Jun-20 08:12:46

Good morning from sunny Kent.
Will be picking Himself up from the supermarket soon. Then need to do some tidying and try and occupy myself for the rest of the day.
Good wishes to all those with troubles and ills. Sorry I'm not up to date with this thread.

Pittcity Sat 20-Jun-20 08:08:24

Good morning from sunny Colchester. It's the longest day and the one where the dawn chorus is earliest and loudest. Maybe it was magpies like Ginny
DH slept through but I am a bit bleary eyed.
Nothing planned for the weekend. Garden and TV I expect.
Stay alert all!

Gelisajams Sat 20-Jun-20 07:57:37

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it is now dry following quite torrential rain yesterday. I’m still in bed with my large cup of tea waiting for my weekly phone call from Somerset.
I went to the garden nursery again yesterday, but there was hardly any stock left and no compost. The church garden will have to wait for its new plants. I could split some of mine but it’s not the best time to do that especially as another run of dry weather is forecast. Hope that’s right as I managed to get another 2 visits to NT sites next week. One quite local and another in Yorkshire. We just used to take the visits for granted, but now they seem such a treat.
Not sure what the day will hold, I’d like to visit a friend in Cumbria but the weather needs to play ball so we can sit in her garden and I’m not sure it’s going to!
Take care and safe everyone ?

NanKate Sat 20-Jun-20 07:50:16

Morning Mick and All.

Things are starting to warm up in South Bucks. The week ahead looks like a scorcher.

I had my first Zoom experience yesterday and chatted to my friend for an hour. The Jury is out whether I prefer it to a phone call.

Have a good day folks.