Gransnet forums

Chat

Pubs opening June 4th

(61 Posts)
sodapop Sat 20-Jun-20 08:36:29

I agree BlueBelle we have to get used to doing things differently and get the economy moving,

Furret Sat 20-Jun-20 08:33:13

Love your optimism Ellianne -truely. I would be delighted if everything could go back to normal and this virus would just disappear before taking the lives of more people that we loved.

Ellianne Sat 20-Jun-20 08:23:13

Ironically the hospitality industry might be the one that sees the greatest boom, and by that I mean for many years to come. People will take far more holidays, trips, celebrations etc. here in the UK in future so pubs, restaurants and the like will have far more customers.

Ellianne Sat 20-Jun-20 08:19:32

That's OK, Daffodil I'm getting used to being called all kinds of names on here!

MerylStreep Sat 20-Jun-20 08:18:06

Nanderin
You might not want or need it but thousands of workers in the hospitality industry do.

BlueBelle Sat 20-Jun-20 08:17:41

I don’t know where Ellis next came from sorry ellianne

BlueBelle Sat 20-Jun-20 08:16:49

Exactly Ellis next
Couldn’t you have sat in your garden with your neighbours and a glass of wine anyway boheimian ??
But I do agree they need to get back to work, all things need to get back to work this country will be on its knees soon
(Well it is already)

Ellianne Sat 20-Jun-20 08:09:54

Pubs but not schools?

boheminan Sat 20-Jun-20 08:08:44

...and I for one will enjoy sitting in the lovely garden of our local, sipping a wine and finally catching up with long lost neighbours wine

phoenix Sat 20-Jun-20 07:59:33

I think you mean JULY 4th, and I'm sure that all the staff who were furloughed or laid off without any payment will be glad to have the opportunity to work againg.

The government will probably appreciate the revenue gained from the tax on sales.

Nanderin Sat 20-Jun-20 07:54:36

Hi so apparently pubs are opening, like we need that.angry