Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(56 Posts)
Bellasnana Mon 22-Jun-20 06:52:24

Good morning everyone. It’s a bit cloudy in Malta today but still very hot and humid.

I’ve got to go and get a photo taken so I can renew my driving licence which I’ve been putting off. I don’t feel like going out at all, so will have to give myself a talking to.

Wishing you all the best day possible.☀️

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 22-Jun-20 06:47:40

Good morning from east London, sunny and blue outside. First cup of tea finished, tumble dryer and dishwasher emptied so back to bed to read for a while. Tennis at lunchtime today, otherwise my day is free although spoilt for choice for things I could be doing (like agreeing with DP what pictures should be going back on the walls after last year’s decorating or should we just leave them stacked against various walls where they are for the moment; if a stack of bricks counted as ‘art’, we could have a goer there.
Hope you have a good day.

Scentia Mon 22-Jun-20 06:46:42

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Looks like the ? has got his hat on today.
Have a load in and will peg out shortly.
A few deliveries to do today and I will combine this with meeting DD and DGS at Halfords to swap DGS new bike helmet which is too small (his uncle had a big head too!) I plan to take him for his first bike ride in the new trailer I got tomorrow, so need a helmet first.
Went to DFiL home to take his card and gift yesterday and he came to the door of the home. This was the first time I had seen him in 14 weeks. He was clearly watching something on TV as he seemed in a hurry to get back to his chair?. So glad he is in the home and not in his old flat all alone.❤️ DH braved a phone call to him (FiL is very deaf) Well, it was funny and I wished I had recorded it!!
Take care everyone and stay safe today ❤️

ninathenana Mon 22-Jun-20 06:46:02

Morning everyone.
I haven't been up this early for weeks. As has been said it's bright and sunny in Kent. I will get the laundry on when I go down. Then I have to take back the chicken that was bought Saturday for roast yesterday and when opened was off ! Co-op saved the day at 4.30pm.
Have a good day, take care everyone.

grandMattie Mon 22-Jun-20 06:19:46

Good morning all. Bright morning, promise of more today in E Kent.
It was kind of you to PM blue sapphire, Mick. I hope she improves soon.
Nothing on today. I hope to receive the ground cover roses I ordered soon.
DD organised a Zoom session with us and her brothers, I uppose for Father’s Day. They forgot to wish DH a nice day - he was amused but not bothered...
Hope the day is filled with calm and peace for everyone.
Stay well, stay safe.

12Michael Mon 22-Jun-20 06:13:56

Good Morning Everyone ,
Yet another clear blue sky and dry here in Brackley , it had started to get light about 5 this morning.
Anyway , I did a PM to Bluesapphire yesterday ,and had a reply , she is frightened as to the current situation we are in ,
But otherwise OK .
One thing I told her as to the government ,as to use of public transport , that I have been using buses to get about as its my only means , and the government are trying to discourage the older generation from using a service ,which is also a lifeline .
Today , a quiet day in some housework and TV , electric usage as also gone up slightly as well.
Take care ,
Mick