Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(56 Posts)
12Michael Mon 22-Jun-20 06:13:56

Good Morning Everyone ,
Yet another clear blue sky and dry here in Brackley , it had started to get light about 5 this morning.
Anyway , I did a PM to Bluesapphire yesterday ,and had a reply , she is frightened as to the current situation we are in ,
But otherwise OK .
One thing I told her as to the government ,as to use of public transport , that I have been using buses to get about as its my only means , and the government are trying to discourage the older generation from using a service ,which is also a lifeline .
Today , a quiet day in some housework and TV , electric usage as also gone up slightly as well.
Take care ,
Mick

grandMattie Mon 22-Jun-20 06:19:46

Good morning all. Bright morning, promise of more today in E Kent.
It was kind of you to PM blue sapphire, Mick. I hope she improves soon.
Nothing on today. I hope to receive the ground cover roses I ordered soon.
DD organised a Zoom session with us and her brothers, I uppose for Father’s Day. They forgot to wish DH a nice day - he was amused but not bothered...
Hope the day is filled with calm and peace for everyone.
Stay well, stay safe.

ninathenana Mon 22-Jun-20 06:46:02

Morning everyone.
I haven't been up this early for weeks. As has been said it's bright and sunny in Kent. I will get the laundry on when I go down. Then I have to take back the chicken that was bought Saturday for roast yesterday and when opened was off ! Co-op saved the day at 4.30pm.
Have a good day, take care everyone.

Scentia Mon 22-Jun-20 06:46:42

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. Looks like the ? has got his hat on today.
Have a load in and will peg out shortly.
A few deliveries to do today and I will combine this with meeting DD and DGS at Halfords to swap DGS new bike helmet which is too small (his uncle had a big head too!) I plan to take him for his first bike ride in the new trailer I got tomorrow, so need a helmet first.
Went to DFiL home to take his card and gift yesterday and he came to the door of the home. This was the first time I had seen him in 14 weeks. He was clearly watching something on TV as he seemed in a hurry to get back to his chair?. So glad he is in the home and not in his old flat all alone.❤️ DH braved a phone call to him (FiL is very deaf) Well, it was funny and I wished I had recorded it!!
Take care everyone and stay safe today ❤️

Mythbirtthedragon Mon 22-Jun-20 06:47:40

Good morning from east London, sunny and blue outside. First cup of tea finished, tumble dryer and dishwasher emptied so back to bed to read for a while. Tennis at lunchtime today, otherwise my day is free although spoilt for choice for things I could be doing (like agreeing with DP what pictures should be going back on the walls after last year’s decorating or should we just leave them stacked against various walls where they are for the moment; if a stack of bricks counted as ‘art’, we could have a goer there.
Hope you have a good day.

Bellasnana Mon 22-Jun-20 06:52:24

Good morning everyone. It’s a bit cloudy in Malta today but still very hot and humid.

I’ve got to go and get a photo taken so I can renew my driving licence which I’ve been putting off. I don’t feel like going out at all, so will have to give myself a talking to.

Wishing you all the best day possible.☀️

Ginny42 Mon 22-Jun-20 06:52:27

Good morning Mick, grandMattie and all from a glorious morning in Cheshire and it looks like the hot weather is set to return.

The day is calling me to get busy. The bed is stripped and in the wash, and I do have work later, but the coffee is on and I shall sit a while and enjoy the garden.

Thinking of you today Marydolland wishing you well. You've waited a long time for this moment and I hope you finally have a treatment to free you from pain.

One of my oldest friends is coming to sit in the garden later. My first visitor for 13 weeks! Enjoy your day everyone. Glad to hear that you're doing OK Blue Sapphire. We're here for you.

grandMattie Mon 22-Jun-20 06:56:26

Marydoll, may all go well and you come out ready for proper Olympics! flowers

cornergran Mon 22-Jun-20 07:07:34

Morning Mick, morning All. Clear sky over our corner of Somerset, the first for a few days. Busy, enjoyable weekend. Attending a good friends funeral this morning, fortunate to be included. Suspect will do very little this afternoon. Good to know there has been contact with you BlueSapphire, best of luck today marydoll. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, it’s still a strange world out there.

Pantglas2 Mon 22-Jun-20 07:08:17

Morning all from a dry north Wales- not sure it’s going to stay like that!

Off to Llandudno for DH eye test - the ‘shouldhavegoneto’ place! I’ll pop to Poundland for bits and pieces I’ve run out of over the last few months - toasty bags, magic sponge and things I won’t know until I see em!

Hope Marydoll is a new woman after her treatment- although I do like the old one! Stay safe everyone x

brook2704 Mon 22-Jun-20 07:22:17

Good morning everyone from Inverness. The sky is light grey again and the sun is on its way ! Yesterday was the perfect washing drying day- sunny, warm and breezy so I was busy washing everything I could find most of the day ?
This morning I’m doing the usual online dance exercise then later walking down to my friends house for a coffee and catch up in the garden. Pre lockdown we’d usually meet weekly at Starbucks, settle into their comfy armchairs and put the world to rights for a couple of hours at least !

Had a lovely video chat with DS yesterday, he’s just finished work at school now for the summer - he was only back two weeks but it did him good I think.

Special wishes to Marydoll

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and have a good safe day whatever you’re doing ?

NfkDumpling Mon 22-Jun-20 07:28:49

Morning All

A perfect English summers morning here in the north of Norfolk. I am wondering whether to suggest to DH that we invite a couple of friends round for afternoon tea in the garden!

Good luck wishes and fingers crossed for a positive outcome to you Marydoll, I hope the excitement of the much awaited appointment doesn’t bring on palpitations! xx

Nortsat Mon 22-Jun-20 07:29:25

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a sunny east London.

My partner has an 8.00am dental appointment in central London and left home at 6.30am to drive in, whilst the roads are quiet. He didn’t want to take the tube, as I am shielding and he’s worried about brining the virus into the house.

Grocery delivery this morning, so I hope he’s back in time to receive it.

Glad to know Mick has been in touch with Blue Sapphire, ? to her.
Hoping the day goes well for Marydoll - good luck flowers for her.
Have a good day all and special wishes for all who need them

grannysyb Mon 22-Jun-20 07:36:29

Got up early to go to the tip, we went yesterday and were turned away as there was a fire! Went online to see if any news about it and discovered that they ope
open at 10 on a Monday! I've left DH to sleep longer, we can go at 9 and queue. Lovely day here, washing in, we might go to the allotment this morning. Have a good day everyone.

Beechnut Mon 22-Jun-20 07:37:57

Good Morning everyone from a sunny Severnside.

I have had a lie in this morning. I’ve some washing to peg out when I get up and then nothing pressing so I will potter. My neighbours are having something done today and I’ll have no electricity for a while.

Have a good day all ?

Sar53 Mon 22-Jun-20 07:44:03

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
I had a lovely birthday yesterday, thanks for all your good wishes. DH bought me a sewing machine, I now have to learn how to use it !! I last used one many years ago, but maybe it's like riding a bike and it will all come back to me.
I have some admin to do and the bathrooms need cleaning today.
I'm sure we will have a walk along by the sea at some stage.
Good luck to Marydoll today.
I hope you all have lovely day xx

Lins1066 Mon 22-Jun-20 07:45:29

Good Morning Mick and all. Lovely sunny start here on the S Welsh coast. All the best to Marydoll for her hospital procedure today ?. Best wishes to BlueSapphire and anyone else who is finding it hard at the moment.
I'm going to make some soup this morning, other than that no plans.
Stay safe everyone.

Susan56 Mon 22-Jun-20 07:50:56

Good morning from Shropshire where the sun is shining.

Car back to the garage this morning?they have a courtesy car for us.After being loyal to this garage for 20 years we had very bad service last week?

Thinking of you Marydoll and wishing you all the best for successful treatment today.

Have a good day all.

Brunette10 Mon 22-Jun-20 07:55:31

Good Morning from Fife, where it is a bit damp at the moment. Waiting for skip to turn up as started house improvements. Sending Bluesapphire my good wishes and hope she feels better soon. No plans for today, DH has plenty though. Hope you all have a good day. Take care.

kittylester Mon 22-Jun-20 07:55:33

Morning all from a sunny North Leicestershire.

Yet more garage clearing today - nearly 30 years of accumulated stuff!

DS2 arrived with a card for dh just as we were about to eat DH's special Father"s Day dinner. Of course he was pleased to see him and chat and coped quite well with cold lamb chops after grin

Thinking of Marydoll.

Gelisajams Mon 22-Jun-20 07:56:18

Good morning from a bright sunny Morecambe Bay. DH is out running and I’m here ‘writing’ on my iPad. I have just had the invoice from the milkman who I pay by BACs. He has changed his bank details so I’ve had to set him up as a new payee. Such a phaff. I hate setting up someone new as I’m prone to reversing digits so I check half a dozen times. It does make things easier though once set up.
I was wondering how DH would cope with the admin if I couldn’t do it. Things have changed so much over the years. I don’t think he’d have a clue where to begin. I think he’s going to have to have a couple of lessons on internet banking!
We are off to NT Fellfoot for a walk later and will call at Holehird gardens. So glad our little camper van is earning its keep. It enables us to get about without needing public facilities. I have optimistically booked a couple of campsites for later in the year. Here’s hoping it will be safe to go!
Thinking of Marydoll, and sending good wishes to all who are struggling one way or another. Take care, stay safe.?

Pittcity Mon 22-Jun-20 08:16:12

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Slept late again after being woken by the birds at "stupid o'clock" again.
Stock up at Lidl as DD2 and DGS2 are coming this afternoon. They live in a flat and a 5 year old needs a garden when there's nowhere else to go.
Much love to BlueSapphire, Marydoll and all of you.

Puzzler61 Mon 22-Jun-20 08:17:01

Good morning Mick and all from sunny Worcs.

I’ve slept in today, must have been the long walk we had yesterday. It was strange to move along as 3 individual “bubbles” and shouting to speak with each other but it was still a treat. Visibility was clear and in parts we could see beautiful views for miles and miles across the beautiful rural landscape.
Back to the house and my DS had made a splendid Victoria sponge filled and topped with cream and large juicy strawberries. Delish!

I have to shake my bones and get ready for the day as my oldest friend will be coming to the garden mid-morning for a drink and natter. It will be the first time we’ve got together since early March.

Best wishes and ? to all with worries, or just feeling below par , this will end one day. CV19 would seem to be retreating.

Big X for Marydoll today. ?

Puzzler61 Mon 22-Jun-20 08:17:53

Sorry, not DS (making cake) it was darling Sister.

Gingster Mon 22-Jun-20 08:30:50

Good morning all. Phew I was glad to get out of bed this morning as I was so hot and stuffy. We had all the windows open too. Nice to get out into the garden for some air. It’s going to be a scorcher and I think it will continue all week. ?

DH had a nice dFathers Day with opening cards and presents and phone calls from AC. We didn’t see them as we’re 80 miles away . We are missing them all but love being here by the sea In this hot weather. Hopefully they will visit very soon.

We’ll all be thinking of you today Marydoll. ?

Pantglas you mentioning LLandudno takes me back to my childhood. On a camping holiday with mum and dad. It rained the whole week and we ended up in B and B. We went into Llandudno and wandered around the gift shops. I bought a little welsh doll in traditional dress. I loved it and had it In my bedroom until I got married. I also went with my choir to the Eisteddford but I’m not sure if that was LLandudno ? ?. Happy memories.

Have a pleasant day all. ?