Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Tue 23-Jun-20 06:10:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright sunny start here in Brackley , to what appears to be the start high temperatures for the rest of the week .
Trying to adapt my routine again, with housework this morning, then a trip into Buckingham to take a toilet seat back late lunch, then an easy afternoon .
Take Care ,
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Tue 23-Jun-20 08:26:33

Good morning Mick and all x

Beautifully sunny day here in S E Essex.

We are heading down to one of our local beaches to meet up with my sister, her husband and their children. I haven't seem her since the week between Christmas and New Year which is the longest time between visits (even when we were living in different countries).

Put your feet up and rest today Marydoll

Be kind to yourself BlueSaphire

keep safe and well folks ?

harrigran Tue 23-Jun-20 08:27:42

Good morning from the NE where it is starting to get a little brighter.
Much better night without pain.
Hoping to get some fresh air today.
Take care.

Grandmabatty Tue 23-Jun-20 08:27:53

Good morning all from Polmont. And a doggy and grey morning it is too! I'm very jealous of your summery days further south. I'm recently new to this chat and it's lovely to read how kind people are to each other. I'm glad you are recovering Mary doll. I'm waiting for the fish man who calls every Tuesday morning from Pittenweem in Fife. Then a spot of babysitting my grandson to let my daughter catch up with work. Have a good day everyone, whatever your weather!

Puzzler61 Tue 23-Jun-20 08:28:32

Pants Hurrah for You. Holibobs ✈️⛱???- get packing ?
Will up you be able to attend “Maffs skool” wen yoo is abwowd? (I hope so).

grannysyb Tue 23-Jun-20 08:30:43

Bright and sunny here, washing in, to peg out before we go for a walk. I think that I will have to go and water the allotment this afternoon hard work as we only have hand pumps! There was a very small courgette when we went on Saturday, hope it hasn't turned into a marrow!

Marydoll Tue 23-Jun-20 08:33:27

Grandmabatty, we have the fish lady, who calls every Tuesday from Anstruther!

Puzzler61 Tue 23-Jun-20 08:35:05

Grandmabatty Hi. I agree, this is one of the nicest, regular threads. Soop’s Kitchen and Miss Marydoll’s Daily Maths Class are happy, gentle ones too. If you want a lively evening then drop into *The Old Argy Barry Bar“ thread.?

Puzzler61 Tue 23-Jun-20 08:35:48

Bargy not Barry!

aggie Tue 23-Jun-20 08:37:47

A grey Good Morning to you all , there is a steady drizzle Which is better than the driving downpours we have been experiencing
Yesterday I had a brief run out , DD was collecting plants from the nursery so I went along for the ride , I couldn’t relax ! Lockdown has made a prisoner of some of us ! so I didn’t get out of the car , but it was great to see how much the countryside has changed , and crane my neck to note who has been improving the gardens and who has given up !

aggie Tue 23-Jun-20 08:39:23

Forgot my reason for coming on !
Well done Marydoll glad to hear all went well ?

Bellasnana Tue 23-Jun-20 08:40:23

Good morning from Malta. It’s sunny as usual.

Very glad to hear you are recovering from yesterday’s treatment, Marydoll. Hope you will feel better as the day goes on.

I’m visiting DD3 this morning as she’s babysitting for a friend and I love babies.

We are no longer restricted from visiting friends and family so things are much more normal, apart from still having to wear masks for shopping etc.

I can’t help but worry that opening the borders next month will see a spike in cases but we shall have to wait and see.

Have a good day all, whatever you are doing.☀️

Bathsheba Tue 23-Jun-20 08:57:58

So pleased to see all went well Marydoll. Take time now to rest up and recover completely xx

Anniebach Tue 23-Jun-20 08:59:44

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

CherryCezzy Tue 23-Jun-20 08:59:54

Good morning from the Gower where it's a warm hazy sunshiny day.

Oh Marydoll, it sounds like your treatment went well ?. Take it easy, I hope the yuckiness you are feeling eases as the day goes on.

Get packing Pantglas ready for your holi holidays ?

*Susan, I hope that is the last of the problems with the garage. Quite right that they didn't charge!

I heard about he porpoises Lins, I would have loved to have seen them.

BlueSapphire, day by day - you will get there.

I'm off to make a phone call to he GP now as I can hardly use my hand, typing with one finger and it's painful doing that.

Have a good day everyone, ??? for all who need them ❤️

Nortsat Tue 23-Jun-20 09:00:41

Good morning Mick and the GM team.
Glad to know Marydoll is home and (hopefully) resting. Also pleased to know that harrigran had a better night.
Welcome Grandmabatty.

My partner is teaching on line today and is tired after his adventure at the dentist. It’s a lengthy drive there and back and the traffic in Central London was heavy.

I have been listening to a gentle comedy on BBC R4 called ‘Conversations from a Long Marriage’, with (lovely) Roger Alam and Joanna Lumley. It’s about a couple who have been together for 40+ years ( as my partner and I have been ) and they are happy if sometimes grumpy ... a landscape I am familiar with. It’s gently amusing and well worth finding on iplayer Sounds.

Have a good day all and ? to those who need them, including Bluesapphire. ?

Pittcity Tue 23-Jun-20 09:08:02

Good morning from sunny Colchester. I wish we could even the weather out a bit as it's going to be too hot for me here for the next few days.
DH is off to the gym (a small outdoor class) instead of an online class in the living room..... Hooray. I will get a chance to mop the laminate floors before retreating to the shade with a cold drink sunshine

GrannyGravy13 Tue 23-Jun-20 09:11:34

Popped back to se if Urmstongran had posted this morning, I didn't see her on here yesterday.

Hope all is well Urm and that it is just your intermittent internet ?

Newquay Tue 23-Jun-20 09:20:56

Morning all-where IS Polmont then Grandmabatty?

Nannytopsy Tue 23-Jun-20 09:27:51

Our fish man comes from Lowestoft on Fridays ?

Gelisajams Tue 23-Jun-20 09:33:13

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it is cloudy and even a few spits and spots of rain while we were on our morning walk. Glad to log on and see Marydoll safely back with us. I do hope the treatment works as hoped.
Lots of gardening today, here, a grass cut for a regular client and a bit of planting in the church garden. Take care and stay safe everyone. ?

Megs36 Tue 23-Jun-20 09:37:28

Glad it’s over Marydoll
I guess everyone like my husband got the NEW LETTER today re shielding ,here’s to the end being in sight, if distantly.
Someone cutting my hair today YAY.

henetha Tue 23-Jun-20 09:39:42

It's warm and sunny in south Devon today and I'm happy because I'm meeting up with one of my granddaughters whom I haven't seen since mid March. We are going to walk along the sea-front, 2 metres apart of course!

Harris27 Tue 23-Jun-20 10:00:58

Good morning all haven’t posted much whilst still being on furlough. Hope you are all well and I’m trying to keep busy with fingers crossed I’ll be back at work but as the months drag on I’m reluctant to get my hopes up! Have a good day all sitting in the garden writing birthday cards out.well done marydoll with your treatment .

gillgran Tue 23-Jun-20 10:02:14

Good Morning to you all from a bright & hot Cambs.,
Seems it's going to be a very hot week, (anything over 20 is too much for me:-(

Good to see you back Marydoll, take special care.

DH has a telephone "pre-op" consultation today, (also a swab test at hospital next week,) prior to his op., later next week.

Mick, it's good to be getting back to some sort of "new " normal.

Take Care Folks.

Mumskimumski Tue 23-Jun-20 10:05:37

Morning Ladies Do others feel that lockdown has left you a little sad that several friends have not bothered to check we are ok seems so many calls have been one way. Ie outgoing .I feel that people have become insular and think my Christmas card list will be a little shorter this year.I have realised who my true friends really are. Regards and Good health to you all.