Gransnet forums

Chat

Nicole wiz robbed!

(31 Posts)
tidyskatemum Wed 24-Jun-20 22:00:15

Spoiler alert! Just watched the final of the Sewing Bee. Very disappointed that Nicole didn’t win. She had far more imagination than the winner (without naming names!) and it just seemed that despite all the exotic challenges the judges just went for basic classic technique.

Calendargirl Wed 24-Jun-20 22:03:15

I disagree. Think Claire was the most consistent sewer throughout.

I never took to Nicole somehow, but she was very talented in certain challenges.

Grandmabatty Wed 24-Jun-20 22:10:44

I'm glad Claire won. As a lung surgeon you would hope she'd be good at sewing though! I thought all three red carpet dresses were outstanding in different ways

J52 Wed 24-Jun-20 22:13:14

I thought Claire deserved to win, it was about sewing and her sewing skills were superb. Everything was finished and wearable.

Chewbacca Wed 24-Jun-20 22:13:58

Claire was always consistent in her precision of cutting out, fabric choices and sewing skills. Nicole had great vision and imagination but she wasn't as precise and often admitted to "winging it". Best lass won!

Namsnanny Wed 24-Jun-20 22:17:44

Consistent Claire, was also technically proficient and nearly always did more than was asked for.

No she was a clear winner.

BlueBelle Wed 24-Jun-20 22:24:00

I thought Clare although classic was boring I think Matt s last dress was magnificent but Nicole was far more inventive and would have been a worthy winner I found a lot of Clares work rather underwhelming although well sewn

Gingster Wed 24-Jun-20 22:31:06

I thought Clare would win. She was very exact, focussed, and had great attention to detail, but I preferred Nicole and her creativity and imagination. I too thought Matts dress for the catwalk was fantastic.

Westcoaster Wed 24-Jun-20 22:46:09

Haven't watched it yet, but I agree that Claire has been the most consistent overall so is a worthy winner. Nicole has had some real disasters.
I'll watch it tomorrow happily now! smile

annodomini Wed 24-Jun-20 22:50:15

The decision had to be based also on the other tasks. Claire's kilt was perfectly accurate and beautifully finished. It takes many years to train as a kilt maker.

MawB Wed 24-Jun-20 22:53:37

I don’t agree OP
For artistic flair and creativity Nicole was second to none, but Claire was the better seamstress in every sense.
Great series!

Callistemon Wed 24-Jun-20 22:54:05

I did think Nicole might win after two excellent challenges today but Clare has been so consistently good.

I think Clare is a very worthy winner.

Callistemon Wed 24-Jun-20 22:56:58

I really liked Nicole, Calendargirl, I think she'd be a great friend.

And Clare too (and her Mum!), in fact they all seemed a lovely happy group.

BibiSarah Thu 25-Jun-20 01:03:00

I often read the end of book before the beginning just to see how it all works out so finding out how the yet to be viewed GBSB ends (a few posts into the thread) doesn't bother me either . It may bother others though and perhaps the spoiler alert should be in the thread title.

Was Nicole robbed? No. smile. The winner fully deserved to win and did so from day one.

vegansrock Thu 25-Jun-20 06:28:32

Nicole made loads of mistakes in precious episodes, Clare consistent. A worthy winner.

PamelaJ1 Thu 25-Jun-20 08:53:54

May I, very politely, ask you to put spoiler alert on the Title of the thread rather than on the first post. ??
It didn’t spoil it too much because I always thought Claire would win.

Kittye Thu 25-Jun-20 09:40:02

I fell asleep watching it, so didn’t see the result. Will watch it again later. I would have been happy to see Claire or Nicole win.

DanniRae Thu 25-Jun-20 11:27:42

I wanted Nicole to win. I never took to Claire - I found her really irritating.

Maggiemaybe Thu 25-Jun-20 11:38:30

I can't agree. The best sewer (by far) won. I loved watching Claire select her fabric, etc and home straight in on what was needed. That kilt was amazing.

threexnanny Thu 25-Jun-20 13:13:53

The perfection of the kilt made her the winner regardless of the other challenges!

Tweedle24 Thu 25-Jun-20 13:43:35

I loved Claire’s sewing - Always so precise and neat. The red carpet dress was to die for (if I had the figure to wear it!). The kilt was amazing. She has, as others have said, been consistent throughout but, a really difficult job to choose between those last three dresses.

Callistemon Thu 25-Jun-20 14:38:09

always so precise and neat just as well, considering that she's a surgeon.

Tweedle24 Fri 26-Jun-20 18:48:08

Callistemon Claire is an anaesthetist, not a surgeon.

Callistemon Fri 26-Jun-20 19:34:37

No, she isn't. She is a respiratory and lung cancer consultant and her friend and colleague who modelled for her is an anaesthetist.

The narrator may have given slightly wrong information as I am not sure if she is a surgeon, and I apologise if so.

Chewbacca Fri 26-Jun-20 19:46:23

The NHS website says that she's a Consultant in Respiratory Diseases. No mention of anaesthesia.