Gransnet forums

Chat

What footwear do you wear indoors?

(200 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Wed 24-Jun-20 22:36:40

Hi all,
I always went barefoot then got fed up with having to wipe the soles of my feet as they always felt unclean (even though my house is spotless), so I bought some cheap black sliders from Tesco. What do you wear? X

SpringyChicken Thu 25-Jun-20 07:12:53

Always slippers indoors. My BIL used to go barefoot. There was a noticeable smell of sweaty feet coming from his carpets. I notice he wears slippers these days -his wife may have had something to do with that.

Lucca Thu 25-Jun-20 07:54:02

PamelaJ1

Do you live in Essex Lucca?

Sorry sorry, couldn’t resist. That’s probably an ist or an ism.?

How very dare you? ?
Es-sexist.
Nope - god’s own county for me.

lemongrove Thu 25-Jun-20 08:26:26

Furret ?
Are you Compo?

Pantglas2 Thu 25-Jun-20 08:39:56

Bare feet mostly spring, summer and autumn and Totes socks in winter - we have wood flooring and tiles so they act as dusters in the winter and I have a clean pair every day!

Grandmabatty Thu 25-Jun-20 08:53:17

Definitely bare feet. I have umpteen pairs of slippers but I don't like wearing them unless I'm particularly cold.

dogsmother Thu 25-Jun-20 09:23:30

Slippers, sheepskin uggs usually and yes even in this weather....I can’t help myself.
Beware the crocs you will need to nourish your heels they will get incredibly dry.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 25-Jun-20 09:28:45

Bare feet most of the year.

craftyone Thu 25-Jun-20 09:29:42

podiatrist said that crocs were the work of the devil, very bad for feet

Me, barefoot but always something handy if I need to open the front door, I don`tlike my feet. Usually clean gardening shoes. I can`t wear flipflops or birkenstocks

Witzend Thu 25-Jun-20 10:10:50

In this weather, if anything, flip flops - I have some nice new ones from Joules.

In winter I absolutely love my house boots from Celtic Sheepskin. I’m on my 2nd pair now, though first pair did last for ages.
I recently machine-washed them (washable at 30 with woolly wash) so they’ll be all ready when the cold weather is upon us again.

In between, often some nice (non-old-lady-ish) slippers. But we’re not a shoes-off house, so frequently just whatever.

Puzzler61 Thu 25-Jun-20 10:15:46

Sliders if anyone is coming as they have sparkles on the front ?
Cable knitted mule slippers indoors generally.
Sliders all the time when it’s as hot as this week.
As I have horrid feet to find comfy footwear for, I have 6 pairs of identical sliders , in 2 different colours from Next. Should last me half my lifetime at least!

Calendargirl Thu 25-Jun-20 10:21:08

Flying Handbag is not a new poster.

Alexa Thu 25-Jun-20 10:23:08

This is a question that exercises me. Thanks for the discussion, Flying Handbag.

Are cheap flipflops safe on wet tile floors. Do cheap flipflops fit over feet with moderate oedema?

GrandmaMoira Thu 25-Jun-20 10:25:07

I used to wear mule type slippers but they are now only for the bedroom. I wear lightweight strappy shoes or sandals when it's hot, no longer flipflops. My feet are bony and arthritic and I find it painful to walk barefoot. I dread visiting a house where they want you to remove shoes. I also have plantar fascitis so supportive shoes help.

FlexibleFriend Thu 25-Jun-20 10:26:50

Crocs throughout the year and I have lovely feet, no need for podiatrists. If they're so bad why do doctors and nurses wear them all day in hospitals?

rjack Thu 25-Jun-20 10:29:04

I wear old old fitflops so comfy do not want to throw them out. I have a new pair siting by bed but want to keep them for best!!!! How do you get away from keeping clothes and shoes for best.

fevertree Thu 25-Jun-20 10:30:41

Bare feet all year round (isn't that what heating is for in winter?)

xxxx

henetha Thu 25-Jun-20 10:56:03

Usually slippers, but flip flop things when it's hot.
I've got Crocs for in the garden.

annodomini Thu 25-Jun-20 11:19:01

When it's cold, sheepskin slippers with non-slip soles; when it's warmer, Skechers slip-on sneakers.

DanniRae Thu 25-Jun-20 11:23:10

I LOVE "Animal" flip flops and wear them all summer. Some for indoors and some for going out. The bit that goes between your toes is made of a soft, padded materiel so even people who can't wear flip flops generally find them comfortable smile

Rosalyn69 Thu 25-Jun-20 11:24:20

Sketchers flip flops in the heat.

MayBee70 Thu 25-Jun-20 11:25:29

I have the worst feet in the world. There isn’t a single foot problem that I don’t have. Corns, bunions Ledderhose: the only thing I don’t have is hammer toe. Crocs are the most comfortable footwear I have ever worn. I wish I’d known about them when I was still working and on my feet all day. I know nurses used to wear those white clogs with holey (ie with holes in in case predictive text changes it to hokey again) and I always wanted some of those. Wearing totally flat shoes ruined my feet.

timetogo2016 Thu 25-Jun-20 11:26:42

Mules for me.
I just can`t wear flipflops.

Furret Thu 25-Jun-20 11:31:26

FH is definitely not a new poster. Has anyone mentioned plimsoles yet?

Nightsky2 Thu 25-Jun-20 11:41:11

Birkenstocks. Crocks for letting the dog out as the grass is usually wet. I think they’re hideous but there you go!. very easy to slip your feet into and can’t be seen by anyone.

LadyGracie Thu 25-Jun-20 11:41:23

Bare feet in the summer, socks in the winter. Crocs for slipping on to go in the garden.