Gransnet forums

Chat

What footwear do you wear indoors?

(200 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Wed 24-Jun-20 22:36:40

Hi all,
I always went barefoot then got fed up with having to wipe the soles of my feet as they always felt unclean (even though my house is spotless), so I bought some cheap black sliders from Tesco. What do you wear? X

Millie22 Fri 26-Jun-20 18:49:37

Back to the original question house shoes that are gradually falling to bits or bare feet. Definitely not crocs or wellies.

Lizbethann55 Fri 26-Jun-20 19:48:54

Absolutely nothing. I have some Aldi crocs (pink) by the back door which I am supposed to put on when I go out but I invariably forget and the grass feels so nice underfoot. In fact I am mentally writing a post about my grotty feet. Will try and write it up soon.

rafichagran Fri 26-Jun-20 20:19:48

My sliders are silver, sparkly and feminine. The black one's are sliders though. I wear mine in doors Summer and Winter.

Greciangirl Fri 26-Jun-20 20:23:14

Warm slippers in the winter.

Slip on mule slippers in the summer.

I never wear my slippers in the garden. Slip on mules left by the back door for outside pottering.

Theoddbird Fri 26-Jun-20 20:47:44

MawB just for you xxxx

Nannylovesshopping Fri 26-Jun-20 21:24:52

luckylegs I can completely see where you are coming from,
and utterly support every word you said, I’m not afraid either?

FarNorth Fri 26-Jun-20 21:37:47

Wow! Fearless grannies on a thread about flip flops and feet!

The endless wonder of Gransnet - smile

Feelingmyage55 Fri 26-Jun-20 21:59:30

Good question FlyingHandbag. I generally go barefoot but I do own slippers which I sometimes wear when I have visitors. I have horrid feet. I don’t like outdoor shoes inside. X

Feelingmyage55 Fri 26-Jun-20 22:00:32

I haven’t been near another living being for months. I’ll take all the kisses going.

Luckylegs Fri 26-Jun-20 22:28:18

Oh I wish we had a like button!

susieq3 Fri 26-Jun-20 22:29:35

Lightweight sketchers with memory foam insoles. I have plantar Fachiitis and my heels get quite painful.

Lizbethann55 Fri 26-Jun-20 22:45:35

Can I ask what are sliders? Thanks

Lucca Fri 26-Jun-20 22:50:31

Lizbethann55

Can I ask what are sliders? Thanks

There’s a picture of them on this thread for heavens sake ! At 18:57.

Jillybird Fri 26-Jun-20 23:35:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fatgran57 Sat 27-Jun-20 03:33:47

Luckylegs I very much agree with you and glad to see Theoddbird and Nannylovesshopping also support you.

On the good morning thread many posters including Anniebach Gillybob Grandmafrench EllanVannin and Urmstongran just to name a few also sign off with a X. Don't see MawB making a comment to those posters!

fatgran57 Sat 27-Jun-20 03:34:43

Whoops - an X !

Toots Sat 27-Jun-20 08:01:28

lemongrove ...
"Are you Compo?"... cried laughing!.. ??????

MellowYellow Sat 27-Jun-20 08:32:20

These old Moshulus. My big toes go through the ends so I patch them every so often. Last time it was demure floral hexagons but this time my 4 year old granddaughter was with me so she chose this style. grin

Toots Sat 27-Jun-20 08:46:44

I have about a dozen pairs of flip-flops that I wear all summer..only the fabric ones though from one particular firm...so comfy!..
I used to wear cheap crocs sometimes but the soles wear and get very slippery and I stopped after one hilarious incident ..
I was rushing from the kitchen, dinner and glass of milk in hand (trying not to miss an interesting programme) when my foot suddenly shot from under me (water from dog's bowl on floor) and I found myself lying flat on my back staring at the ceiling ..my dinner and glass of milk landing side by side about 3ft away, all still intact...well, mashed potato was a bit flat and milk splashed up the door a bit!.. ??? My husband..never one to panic..glanced down over his shoulder at me and said "Oh, that DOES look fun..I must try it sometime!" ?????
Have to add, I think the Angels were looking after me.. I didn't have a mark on me, not an ache or pain anywhere amazingly.. we laughed for a long time though!. ?

Lizbethann55 Sat 27-Jun-20 13:22:39

Lucca sorry!!! I only asked! I missed it! Ok!!!

annep1 Sat 27-Jun-20 17:32:12

Lizbethann55 grin

seacliff Sat 27-Jun-20 18:34:45

I never have bare feet apart from bedtime, wandering from bedroom to bathroom. Mainly because the cats often bring little presents in, and I would hate to tread on the remains of something squidgy with my bare feet (shudder).

I have old slip on sandals like Birkenstocks, that I wear all summer. In winter it's my Costco real sheepskin slippers, or if REALLY cold, my trusty old Emu sheepskin boots. Reduced in TKMaxx becuase of the colour (lilac).

farview Sat 27-Jun-20 20:30:26

Bare feet...house and garden....

Elrel Sat 27-Jun-20 22:14:37

4 years ago I had a TKR and was asked to bring flat shoes, easy to get on and off, with no fastening, into hospital to wear after surgery. I was unsure what to get until a neighbour suggested boat shoes. I got 2 pairs of an M&S style. They are very comfortable, stay on and (so far!) don’t wear out.