Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm going (online) shopping! What should I buy?

(111 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 21:01:10

Hi all,
I am going online clothes shopping in the very very near future and I am trying to think what to get. I am starting this thread for help making my shopping list.

I don't have any occasion wear as I always buy for the occasion so as not to go to something wearing clothes I've already worn, so that is a possibility.

I have quite a lot of jeans and t-shirts so don't need them, I might get a few tops and some proper trousers.

Does anybody have any suggestions for what to buy? I don't need links as I have a specific website I would like to shop on, but I would like some suggestions of what to get.

Thanks all.
Take care,
FlyingHandbag. X

Callistemon Thu 25-Jun-20 21:05:25

Yarn seems a popular buy on some threads
(No pun intended)

You could knit yourself some jumpers for winter

vampirequeen Thu 25-Jun-20 21:09:28

Lacy undies.

Clothes made of breathable, wicking fabric for days like today.

FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 21:09:51

Callistemon

Yarn seems a popular buy on some threads
(No pun intended)

You could knit yourself some jumpers for winter

I do like crochet but I am looking to buy clothes. X

Riverwalk Thu 25-Jun-20 21:11:27

A denim onesie

FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 21:11:31

vampirequeen

Lacy undies.

Clothes made of breathable, wicking fabric for days like today.

Oh no! I don't want lacy knickers! X

Lisagran Thu 25-Jun-20 21:13:03

Riverwalk grin. They look nice with plimsolls smile

Bellanonna Thu 25-Jun-20 21:20:41

Another faux fur coat perhaps?

Elegran Thu 25-Jun-20 21:33:18

You could go to the site and see what they have. That would be a start.

MerylStreep Thu 25-Jun-20 21:36:42

If we don't know what specific website your looking at your request is pointless.
I could suggest that you invest in some nice cashmere but if we are talking about one of your favourite websites ( Shien) my advice wouldn't be of much use to you, would it.

FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 21:40:59

MerylStreep

If we don't know what specific website your looking at your request is pointless.
I could suggest that you invest in some nice cashmere but if we are talking about one of your favourite websites ( Shien) my advice wouldn't be of much use to you, would it.

I don't care for jumpers. X

FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 21:41:28

It deleted a bit of the post. I don't like jumpers as they cover up the top underneath. X

Lisagran Thu 25-Jun-20 21:43:19

What age are you FlyingHandbag? What size in clothes? Do you go to work?

Bellanonna Thu 25-Jun-20 21:44:11

I thought jumpers were supposed to cover up the top underneath 🤔

FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 21:45:59

Lisagran

What age are you FlyingHandbag? What size in clothes? Do you go to work?

I am a few years younger than most on here. Size 8-10 and in normal circumstances I work part time. X

CanadianGran Thu 25-Jun-20 21:57:30

Much too broad of a query.

If you are looking for tops and trousers, the beauty of on line shopping is that you can narrow down your query to specify what you are looking for. Long sleeve tops? Blue or green? Linen or cotton? Most sites now have filters to narrow down your selection.

Instead of endlessly browsing 800 tops, narrow down to your size, preferred colour, sleeve length etc. For instance Boden has 520 women's tops. Narrow that down to long sleeve, blouse, blue, and there are 19 to choose from.

This way you can find something that will work with the wardrobe you already have.

kittylester Thu 25-Jun-20 22:17:09

I've seen a top I like if you are feeling generous!

MamaCaz Thu 25-Jun-20 22:17:56

If I was planning a spending spree, but couldn't even think of any specific clothes that I needed or particularly wanted, this would be a no-brainer for me - I would shop for craft things or kitchenware instead. grin

Seriously though, I really can't imagine myself ever even considering buying any clothes in this scenario. I must be a bit odd, as I hate clothes shopping and would never dream of buying myself clothes just for the sake of it!

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 25-Jun-20 22:24:42

Yet another post on which I am lost for words, what is happening?
Is it me??

MamaCaz Thu 25-Jun-20 22:26:43

No, not just you Oopsadaisy3.

annep1 Thu 25-Jun-20 22:35:57

I would only shop for something I need. And right now I have lots of hardly worn clothes due to u-no-what.

ginny Thu 25-Jun-20 22:40:24

Not sure why you are going on a spree for things that you don’t know that you need. Wait until there is something you would really like or need.

MawB Thu 25-Jun-20 22:42:00

Oopsadaisy3

Yet another post on which I am lost for words, what is happening?
Is it me??

You are not alone!

grannyqueenie Thu 25-Jun-20 23:57:55

I fear I may have wandered into a parallel universe!! No its not you oopsadaisy 3

Lisagran Fri 26-Jun-20 02:37:34

You are definitely not alone Oopsadaisy3 grin