Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm going (online) shopping! What should I buy?

(115 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Thu 25-Jun-20 21:01:10

Hi all,
I am going online clothes shopping in the very very near future and I am trying to think what to get. I am starting this thread for help making my shopping list.

I don't have any occasion wear as I always buy for the occasion so as not to go to something wearing clothes I've already worn, so that is a possibility.

I have quite a lot of jeans and t-shirts so don't need them, I might get a few tops and some proper trousers.

Does anybody have any suggestions for what to buy? I don't need links as I have a specific website I would like to shop on, but I would like some suggestions of what to get.

Thanks all.
Take care,
FlyingHandbag. X

annodomini Sat 27-Jun-20 12:53:47

A denim sun hat?
Callistemon, I do have denim sunhat, bought in TK Maxx, with a good wide brim. Mainly used for garden duty!

Callistemon Sat 27-Jun-20 12:56:12

Gingham onesie dungarees with denim daps and a denim sun hat, a crossover denim handbag.
A plain white t shirt, though, as you can have too much of a good thing.

Callistemon Sat 27-Jun-20 12:57:20

annodomini DD has one which I have borrowed on occasion.
Must buy my own.

MawB Sat 27-Jun-20 13:00:58

Bellanonna

I do hope some of our suggestions have been helpful FH.
Have fun. I’m sure you will. ?

Hope you have as much fun as we have had helping you with suggestions smile

FlyingHandbag Sat 27-Jun-20 13:07:21

Thanks all. X

Cs783 Sat 27-Jun-20 13:11:40

I find the idea of a capsule wardrobe helpful and aiming to have maybe 10 main items that can be combined in different ways. Lots of explanation and suggestions about achieving this are available through an online search. Interesting to read individual-item preferences here though!

MawB Sat 27-Jun-20 19:52:00

So come on, FlyingHandbag - what is on your shopping list?
And which website have you settled on?

Puzzler61 Sat 27-Jun-20 20:15:47

My sister loves clothes and shoes shopping Flying.
Since lockdown began she has ordered all the items she fancies and after trying it on I‘d say she returns 90%.
Then the cycle starts again. She enjoys it, like a hobby.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 27-Jun-20 20:39:46

I gave in to my inner voice and have just ordered online a beautiful raspberry designer tote bag 50% off..... ....I am a happy bunny ??

PamelaJ1 Sat 27-Jun-20 20:49:54

All this talk of pyjamas has had an effect on me.

My DD came over today and asked what I wanted for my birthday next week. We think ahead in our family..... well before I knew I said pyjamas!
I seem to have lost some of mine??‍♀️ And the pair I wore last night had holes in them. I do like to get my money’s worth.
Lovely cotton ones from M&S £12.50. Sorted.
Thanks to the thread for helping me in my hour of need. Maybe I should have had a few tops too?

Pantglas2 Sat 27-Jun-20 20:52:27

Ooh GrannyGravy you minx! My ‘inner voice’ told me that if I binned two lots of tatty sandals that couldn’t be worn outside the home, then I could treat myself to some new ones......so ordered three pairs in JDWilliams sale!

They arrived this morning and I’ve been skipping around in them ever since! What is it about shoes?

joedenly Mon 12-Oct-20 10:02:00

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

joedenly Mon 12-Oct-20 10:04:09

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lemongrove Mon 12-Oct-20 10:34:30

.......but only if you want to look like a hooker?