Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(74 Posts)
12Michael Fri 26-Jun-20 06:16:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looks grey as well , maybe thundery later after a few days of hot weather .
Usual Friday shop , I went on the bus yesterday to Bicester , will add only passenger both ways .
Got what i wanted and left seems in some cases social distancing is being ignored , having seen the TV with Bournemouth, how long will it be for a 2nd wave .
Take Care ,
Mick

Nortsat Fri 26-Jun-20 08:32:47

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a warm east London.

I found the weather very difficult yesterday and had to call 111 for help. In the end, my GP sent an ambulance and the paramedics sorted me out. So glad I was able to avoid A&E.
I feel a bit weary today and hope it won’t be so hot.

Had some nice What’s App-ing with the family. It’s lovely to read about everyone’s plans and parties. I had my letter from the NHS extending the shielding until the end of July.

Have a good day all and ? to those who need them.

cornergran Fri 26-Jun-20 08:36:51

Morning Mick, morning All from a hazy corner of Somerset. Rain in the night has made little difference to the heavy feel. Click and collect shopping trip and the usual faff putting stuff away will probably be it for today as feeling more than weary. A sad day for you harri. Please rest marydoll, let yourself mend. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Puzzler61 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:38:14

Oh poor you Nortsat. Hope today is a much better one for you. Take extra care if possible ?

Marydoll Fri 26-Jun-20 08:40:30

Norsat, how frightening for you. Take care. ?

dragonfly46 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:40:55

Nortsat, Harrigan and Mary flowers

Bellasnana Fri 26-Jun-20 08:45:34

Good morning from sunny Malta.

DD3 is picking me up shortly as she wants me to go with her to buy a swimsuit (for her not me). It’s good to have a reason to get up otherwise I waste so much time in bed scrolling through this and that. I feel so guilty for wasting my days but mustering up motivation is a constant struggle.

Take care everyone, especially those of you who are not feeling 100%. I hope Friday is good to you all.☀️

Grandmafrench Fri 26-Jun-20 08:50:03

Good Morning everyone from ???? ?......you know the weather!

Difficult start to the morning laundering and cleaning after more ? sickness. How long does it take to digest vegetables! Drugs to administer but hopefully they’ll start to be of some benefit pdq.

What lovely tales of family gatherings - and Christmas time for GrandMattie Enjoy them all. Our time will come, Ginny ?

I’m going to read Fried Tomatoes now, Urms as I loved the film. Hope Mr Urms shakes off his rather fragile morning very soon, it can be hard work balancing on a sun bed ?

I’m torn between telephoning your Consultant, Marydoll , and starting a GoFundMe page for loads more Echo Dots. Think maybe a large loudhailer would be more economical, though. Lots of entertainment for your neighbours who could run a sweepstake on where you might turn up next with your risky antics. Behave!!!

Do you have the will to post a small thumbs up, yet, BlueSapphire, please? We’re all wishing so hard for you. Hope you’re taking life slowly and finding something good (however small) in every day.

Ellan so pleased for you concerning your little one and for your DD to report on the lovely place and surroundings where she’s staying. What a relief. It’s probably the best thing that could have (finally!) happened and a huge chance for her. Fingers crossed, eh?

Off now to stand in a cold room and do some ironing. This afternoon? I shall find some shade and chill. Happy day to you all and hugs. Keep safe. x

Lins1066 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:56:47

Good Morning Mick and all. Cloudy and muggy here on the S Welsh coast. Rumbles of thunder last night and we could see flashes of lightening out to sea, a little rain but not much.
Local butcher and greengrocer deliveries this morning, nothing else on the cards.
Take it easy today Marydoll and Nortsat, and ? for you harri. Stay safe everyone.

Anniebach Fri 26-Jun-20 08:58:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

gma Fri 26-Jun-20 09:02:00

Much cooler and fresher here in Norwich this morning after a VERY warm night. Woke up at 4am and my (over grown)hair was soaking , normally have it cut every 5 weeks, so it been 17 weeks since last cut.! Got up and had quick rub down! Thank goodness I have a hair appointment on 6 July!!
No blue skies this morning! Quite windy and grey sky getting greyer by the minute! DH just checked barometer and it has dropped!! Not a good sign!
Did big shop at Sainsbury’s yesterday, for us and mum, so might do a bit of weeding until rain arrives.
Have a safe and cooler day everyone!

MawB Fri 26-Jun-20 09:03:32

Good morning from N Bucks where it is ???again.
I was awake early and contemplated walking Hattie before the rain which was forecast, but fell asleep again!
No plans for today at all (again) - I wonder how I will ever “stir my stumps” if and when we ever get back to “normal”?
Wishing you all a pleasant bday!

Susan56 Fri 26-Jun-20 09:03:32

Good morning from Shropshire where we were woken by torrential rain.Its still really hot but thunderstorms forecast for later which will hopefully cool things down.

Grandmafrench,hope the little pooch is soon on the mend??

GrandMattie,we were sent frozen sprouts as a substitute for garden peas in our online delivery?‍♀️couldn’t bear the thought of them but tried a couple and they weren’t bad at all.Enjoy your Christmas dinner ???

Get well wishes to Mary,Cherry,Norstat,Blue Sapphire and anyone else feeling under the weather.

Harri,thinking of you and your family?

Mick,I am having the same thoughts as you about a second wave.Have booked dentist and hairdresser for next week and trying to get as much sorted as we can in case we are put in total lockdown again.Feeling quite stressed about it all☹️

Have a good day all.

Brunette10 Fri 26-Jun-20 09:05:40

Good Morning from Fife, It is quite muggy here at the moment, expecting rain later I think. Were invited to a neighbour's daughter's 18th birthday garden visit last night. It was so nice to see our neighbours and relax with a glass of Prosecco. I think really it was mum and dad who wanted the social gathering but the daughter whose birthday it was did very well and enjoyed listening to some old folks stories. It was enjoyable, all rules kept. Unsure what's on today. For those struggling just now keep your chin up, we are all looking after ourselves and hoping we shall get through all this mess soon.

Froglady Fri 26-Jun-20 09:06:29

Good Morning from Blackburn. Very warm here but no sun. Think it must have rained in the night but didn't hear it. Going to do a bit more work in my garden today as I should be able to manage it as it's not hot. Want to move a few plants and their pots round so it looks a bit better.
Also got a couple of books on the go - would like to finish one of them so that it can go back to the library with the others when the library brings me new books this afternoon.
Have a good day folks.

gillybob Fri 26-Jun-20 09:07:38

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another bright and sunny morning (that’s 4 in a row....unbelievable) but rain expected tonight.

I had little Evie Button all day yesterday . We had a magical day playing in the garden and had the paddley pool out, the tent and everything but the kitchen sink. It was one of those days you wish you could bottle and keep forever .

I’m off to “that place” in a few minutes to catch up on what I should’ve done yesterday . Then maybe a little shop on the way home .

Thinking of all those who are poorly, sad or under the weather and hoping for some much needed sunshine soon.
Love Gillybob x

Greyduster Fri 26-Jun-20 09:15:00

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a “muggy” South Yorkshire. We are forecast thunderstorms for later. I hope I’m going to manage some ironing today. I shall need crampons and an ice axe if the pile gets any bigger!! Just the essentials, I think. Apart from that, nothing much to do. Have a good safe day folks.

Megs36 Fri 26-Jun-20 09:51:25

Yes it’s HOT, shouldn’t complain , the only thing to do in this heat is NOTHING, and that’s what we did, couldn’t even face our ‘permitted’ walk! Bit cooler but lttle rain early. July 5th gives slight reprieve to shielded,butotherwise 1st August unless there is another announcement ??‍?. Thankgoodness for What’s App etc. Good to hear you feel like doing things Marydoll, keep up the good work.?

Gelisajams Fri 26-Jun-20 10:00:33

Good morning from a cloudy warm muggy Morecambe Bay where I’m sure we will have thunder later. Enjoyable trip to Fountains Abbey yesterday although it was a bit too hot for 4 miles of strolling. It definitely justified the stop at a farm shop selling ice cream. I had a blood orange sorbet which was delicious. I just wish we didn’t have to travel 80miles if I want another! Perhaps I’ll dust the cobwebs off my ice cream maker and give sorbet making a go. Not much planned for today other than recovering from yesterday’s trip. I find travelling really quite tiring these days. Gone are the days when I thought nothing of driving all day. I had a couple of years when I left teaching as a volunteer driver for the ambulance service. Some days I’d clock up 400 miles! Not any more! ?for those with problems and so glad to read Gilly had such a good day yesterday. Take care all and stay safe?

Antigogo Fri 26-Jun-20 10:08:26

Morning from Ayrshire
After a beautiful day yesterday, the weather has taken a turn. Still warm but wet. Makes the garden look fresh though. I don’t know about everyone else, but suddenly Friday comes along and you think ‘where did that week go ‘? Hope everyone across the country behaves and stays safe as we all start to enjoy that bit more freedom. Have a good day.

Georgesgran Fri 26-Jun-20 10:15:30

Morning everyone - posted earlier, but it’s gone missing in the ether!

Bright and sunny in Durham and Gary the gardener’s cutting the grass - he’ll be finished before DD1 arrives with GDS.

Such a hot night last night - hardly slept at all, as someone posted earlier, even my hair was sweating. We live on a main road to so windows wide, but the traffic never stops! Might invest in one of those personal chill things advertised on shopping Telly!

During the night I was reading some old posts and wondering how long some of you have been posting??

Hope we all have a good day and stay safe. X

EllanVannin Fri 26-Jun-20 10:20:22

Good Morning All x
Steady rain at the moment and rather muggy. I didn't hear a storm but I heard plenty of police sirens in the distance, though at dead of night they sounded as though they were outside. They were heading towards the prom area. Dozed on and off after that. Probably Liverpool fans over-excited.

I can unpack the hoover today and get cracking and see if the cleaner does its job.
Fish cakes and chips today----nobody obviously eats fish around here as neither two corner chops have any. Ah well it can go on the list next week when D goes to M&S, I enjoyed their plaice.

It's going to be a long day today with the rain set to last by the look of the sky. It'll do the gardens good if nothing else.
We should be used to short spurts of summer before storms here as it's always been the norm.

I keep cogitating on a trip to Oz next year as I'll be turned 80, my D there will be 60 and her and her husband celebrate their Ruby wedding also a Birthday of one of my GS's. I'd just love to be there in a years time so I'll see which way the wind blows. I don't see why not grin

Oh lovely, a Christmas dinner in store GrandMattie, what a lovely welcome. Have a brilliant time.

Everyone else stay safe and well and put the paint away Marydoll smile xx

gillgran Fri 26-Jun-20 10:37:39

Good Morning to you all from another extremely hot, Cambs.,

Gillybob, sounds a lovely day you had yesterday, some things money can't buy, you've earned some happy times.
flowers, Harrigan.
Marydoll, Nortsat, Bluesapphire, take special care.

GrandeMattie, enjoy July with your DS, we are all looking forward to the Christmas dinner, ( how are you going to fit us all in?).!! wink

Take Care Folks.x

MawB Fri 26-Jun-20 10:37:59

@ EllenVannin - oh the joy of the new domestic appliance! The novelty makes the chore infinitely more bearable - even fun- I still “enjoy” my little cordless Dyson. (Probably because the battery life is only 20 minutes and I have run out of enthusiasm well before that.)
Enjoy your new Hoover! smile

Pantglas2 Fri 26-Jun-20 10:51:29

A late morning all from me today as I thought I’d read everyone else’s posts first and what a busy lot you are!

GrandMattie with a Christmas dinner yum, Brook making a chicken and leek ?, Puzzler with her cream tea, Miss Marydoll painting and making a birthday cake when she should be resting .....norty gurl!

Hope you’re feeling better today Nortsat and everyone under the weather at the moment, let’s get you well again ?

Nothing planned today, chicken and chorizo risotto tonight so wine will be opened for that.....and obviously we’ll need to polish it off, just in case the vinegar fly gets in it......?

Nannan2 Fri 26-Jun-20 11:25:35

Late night so a late good morning from me, but were on other posts earlier- well, was just getting used to the heat, and i ordered an extra fan online last night for picky 17 yr old, (hes not happy with other 3 we have!) And woke up to see grey skies, now its raining in earnest! Bloody weather.angry