Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Fri 26-Jun-20 06:16:47

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but looks grey as well , maybe thundery later after a few days of hot weather .
Usual Friday shop , I went on the bus yesterday to Bicester , will add only passenger both ways .
Got what i wanted and left seems in some cases social distancing is being ignored , having seen the TV with Bournemouth, how long will it be for a 2nd wave .
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Fri 26-Jun-20 06:23:30

Good Morning from E Kent. Grey and ONE burst of thunder but we are forecast a thunderstorm here. I'm not holding my breath.
It was so hot last night that I napped throughout. shall have to have a siesta this afternoon.
Dropped my iPad yesterday morning sad and shattered the screen. I'm getting a new one this afternoon, but will have to wait until DS2 visits on Monday to have my stuff transferred.
DS1 will be coming over on Monday to stay for July, with his brother driving him. Really looking forward to that. I'm cooking him a complete Christmas dinner as he never has it in India! Imagine! the works... the only thing I haven't got are sprouts, I should have started cooking them on 26 December, but I forgot... grin
Have a quiet day full of peace today. Stay safe

NfkDumpling Fri 26-Jun-20 06:33:36

Morning All

A quick visit this morning as there’s some necessary ironing to be done before it gets too warm here (and yes, for me it is necessary, despite my DD2 having abandoned her iron, I’m really not happy starting the day creased). It’s 21C outside already so I shan’t be doing much during the day.

But, we are hoping to get some PYO raspberries before the day gets too warm. Jam making this evening! Thank goodness the weather will have broken by Monday grandMattie, I don’t think I could manage a full Christmas dinner in these temperatures!

Stay cool everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Fri 26-Jun-20 06:41:01

Good morning from east London; when I first opened my eyes just before 5am, the light was yellow outside, very surreal. Now, after a snooze, it’s raining heavily. I’ve opted to play tennis this evening rather than during the day so hope it will have dried off by then. For the time being, I’m going to have another cup of tea and keep reading ‘H is for Hawk’.
Have a good day.

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 26-Jun-20 06:41:15

Good Morning Mick and everyone, clouding up here in Oxfordshire but it’s 17 degrees already, doesn’t look or feel thundery though. DH is going stir crazy and wants to visit an old school friend a couple of hours away so it will need to keep fine so that we can sit outside. Not sure that it will happen, if it’s as hot as yesterday. If not then he says we will go tomorrow, what is it with men ? Wanting to be dashing around in cars, id rather FaceTime them and stay indoors in the cool.
Anyway, Grandmattie don’t lose heart about the sprouts, you can microwave them for 2 days on high and no one will notice the difference. Trust me......
Have a great day everyone and stay safe.

grandMattie Fri 26-Jun-20 06:53:29

grin Oopsadaisy

Ginny42 Fri 26-Jun-20 06:53:51

Good morning Mick and everyone from a hot but overcast morning in Cheshire. Glad you enjoyed your solitary outing to Bicester Mick. At least you didn't have to worry about social distancing.

How exciting having your son home for a whole month grandMattie. My DD and family would normally be arriving this weekend for the month of July as school has ended. It has hit me this morning, but I'll be alright by Monday.

Early supermarket delivery this morning and all the palaver of dealing with that, but I'm grateful to have it brought to my door.

Hope Marydoll is feeling better each day. Warm wishes to all.

grandMattie Fri 26-Jun-20 06:56:34

i'm so sorry Ginny. It's hard when you only see the AC and families once a year or less, isn't it? flowers

Grammaretto Fri 26-Jun-20 07:01:17

Good mornining Mick and all from the Scottish Borders where we have the Haar again.
Ah grandMattie, you will be getting excited about your son's visit. Nice that the weather is warm for him.

When we lived in New Zealand, some people including my aunt cooked traditional Christmas dinners and we sat outside in the sunshine.

I had about 2 hours sleep last night so will be another napper.

I hope there isn't a second wave of covid-19 to spoil all the hopes and plans.

brook2704 Fri 26-Jun-20 07:06:37

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny and warm Inverness. I think the clouds and thunderstorms are due up here later today but hopefully I’ll get my washing dry first !
Nothing much planned for today except enjoying the weather and pottering about in the garden ? . I should have made a chicken and leek pie yesterday but I just lingered in the garden a bit too long so I’ll be making that later
Enjoy your special Christmas lunch grandMattie ?
Hope everyone has a lovely enjoyable day today, take care ?

Beechnut Fri 26-Jun-20 07:09:41

Good Morning everyone. I think there will be more than a second wave at Bournemouth Mick as it’s by the sea ?????

Cloudy start here on Severnside and very warm.

Off to do my shopping this morning and then hopefully to go and get my diy things. I’ve made a list.

Enjoy your Christmas dinner grandMattie and having your son home. Have you got crackers?

Have a good day all and that worries and pains are getting less ?

Pittcity Fri 26-Jun-20 07:15:16

Good morning from rainy Colchester. The thunder seems to be getting closer.
I have ironing that I've been putting off because of the heat.

dragonfly46 Fri 26-Jun-20 07:24:27

Good morning high cloud here in Leicestershire and a little cooler.

Meeting friends for a walk today so hope the rain holds off.

Puzzler61 Fri 26-Jun-20 07:25:29

Good morning Mick and everyone.

I hope your bus had air-con Mick - phew what a scorcher of a day?

Grandmattie you’ll be bubbling over with excitement at your DS’s visit. As he’s coming into your bubbly you can hug and everything ? The Christmas dinner sounds good too.

Ginny I’m sad for you. It’s so unnatural not to be able to visit, be visited and hug your loved ones. Your time to be with your DD will come. ?

Well, even the hair on my head sweated last night - and all I was doing was lying still trying to sleep ? ?

A slow day today, I’ll use the heat as a barometer as to how much or how little can be achieved.
My DH told me it’s National Cream Tea Day today - and he’s right - it’s always the last Friday in June - and he has ordered a Cornish cream tea to be delivered to us. So thoughtful of him.
We are both partial to Scones, Jam and Clotted cream ?

Take care All ?

Puzzler61 Fri 26-Jun-20 07:32:28

? Beechnut ?.

kittylester Fri 26-Jun-20 07:35:11

Good morning from my bit of Leicestershire- about 3 miles from dragonfly - where it is very warm with grey clouds. There is, however, an occasional waft of air.

We have an appointment at the dump this morning - it will rain - no doubt!

We had a lovely evening with our neighbours last night, sitting in the garden till 9pm.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 26-Jun-20 07:42:13

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

A beach day for us again! Himself hasn’t gone out for a walk as we went down to Juan’s bar for a meal and drinks last night and he has a slight heed! Lazing on a sunbed with a bottle of water will put him right.
?

I’ve a new novel to start. I’ve uploaded ‘Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe’ by Fannie Flagg on my Kindle to re-read. I last read it … ooh must be about 10y ago and I just fancy immersing myself in small town America. A comfort read. I remember loving the characters. That’s me sorted for today hehe!
#lazygran

Hope y’all keep fine and dandy today - just you mind your good self today Miss Marydoll and git yourself back on them rail tracks y’hear?

Hmm. Bit rubbish. Need to practice.
?

Hope Friday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Grandmabatty Fri 26-Jun-20 07:50:55

Good morning all. My son sent me a WhatsApp message at six this morning to show me the weather at his place. Very kind of him, I don't think! So I've been up early for me. Very oppressive outside with low clouds and a stillness that usually presages thunder. I hope do as then the air will maybe lift. Nothing planned today. A visit from my daughter and grandson I think. Tomorrow we are having a takeaway in the garden. It'll be the first time we've been together as a family since Christmas. We'll keep our distance. I'm not cooking sprouts though! A nice, spicy curry to look forward to. Have a good day everyone.

Sar53 Fri 26-Jun-20 07:59:30

Good morning from a bright and warm Essex by the sea. We've had some rain overnight and I think I heard thunder.
Yesterday was hot, the beach here was full and cars were still leaving the car park just before 10 pm.
We have a lot of sorting of DH's work stuff to do. He has to take everything, including his car, back to Birmingham on Monday. It will be good to have an office for us both to use.
Probably go out for a walk later, no other plans today.
Have a pleasant day and stay safe everyone xx

Gingster Fri 26-Jun-20 08:03:01

Good morning all. Overcast here but the sun keeps peeping through. I don t suppose we’ll have the storms that are forecast but I hope for some rain.

Yesterday DS2 and family came to visit. First time since beginning of March. What a perfect day. ! They brought a hamper which included cream tea, so we had ours a day early. They swam in the sea (twice) and we all sat around playing and chatting. Always a breeze here, so not so uncomfortable.

Grandmattie how lovely for you to have your son home for a whole month. Excitements abounds!

ginny your time will come with your family. Keep busy this weekend and you’ll be fine ?

Just looked out the front window and there are raindrops on there. Looked out the back, and nothing ?

Hope Marydoll is recovering nicely. Take it easy . ?

Someone asked me where the dotty plate came from with GD’s cake on it. Sorry I can’t remember who is was. Anyway it came from TK Max and no it doesn’t revolve.

Have a pleasant day all. ?

Marydoll Fri 26-Jun-20 08:12:18

Good morning all from a muggy and very wet Glasgow.
I was woken during the night by flashes of lightening, but no thunder. Quite strange.
It's very dark here and there have been quite a few thunder claps.

Grandmattie, my DH would have Christmas dinner, no matter what the temperature is! grin

I was very restless yesterday and didn't know what to be up to, so decided to revamp a tired old rocking chair with chalk paint. This is your fault Kalu, you put the idea in my head wink
This was totally the wrong thing to do! It was so hot that the paint was drying on the brush and I now have one almighty mess to rectify.
The chair looks wonderful from a great distance, up close it looks as if it has been artexed!!! ? It is going to take me, DH ages to sand it down! grin.
Because of my lack of dexterity, I was covered in paint from top to toe, it was even in in my pants. Don't ask me how it got there, I don't know. confused.
I looked a right sight. Realising my sun hat was up the loft with my holiday things, I borowed DH's golf hat, (don't tell him). I have to get the paint off it before he plays on Monday. ?
Half way through, I realised that I really wasn't up to it, I'm still feeling a bit odd after my treatment.
I then realised I couldn't get up, (I was sitting on the grass painting), the only thing to hold onto was the wet chair! My only option was to crawl along the grass until I could pull my self up on something. Anyone seeing me, would have thought I was mad!
I really will need to get an Echo Dot for the garden to summon DH! ?
Poor DH had to make dinner, (a very unusual occurance), I just felt so awful, I think the excessive heat didn't help!

Anyway feeling back to normal today. It's DH's seventieth birthday tomorrow, ( how did he get to seventy so quickly?) so I have to make a birthday cake. He is not a birthday cake type of person, but has requested an iced gingerbread, with sultanas. A nice easy option for me!
Some chocolate brownies may be on the cards too.

Have a great day all, and special hugs for Bluesapphire and all who have sorrow in their lives..

harrigran Fri 26-Jun-20 08:16:54

Good morning from a sunny NE.
It was an uncomfortable night even though we slept without the duvet.
Forecast is for thunder later but it rarely lasts long here, often just rolls out to sea.
BIL's funeral, in Germany, is taking place at lunchtime. Forty people are allowed to attend but nobody was able to travel from the UK.
Probably have video call with family tonight.
Take care out there, I will certainly be staying well away from the beaches.

Marydoll Fri 26-Jun-20 08:17:51

harrigran ?

Puzzler61 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:21:47

Miss Marydoll this is a Maths klass pupil to Teacher - (unusual way round) ?
Please, please do less and let your body heal. ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 26-Jun-20 08:22:47

Good morning Mick and all x

I would love to have a wander round Bicester Shopping Village Mick

Overcast and very hot in S E Essex, we had rain and thunder between 5.30 - 6.00am, didn't sleep that well so another one for a siesta.

I managed to get a Waitrose delivery slot for next week which has made me a happy bunny.

Grandmattie enjoy your Christmas lunch and the month with your son.

Ginnie We will get to see our families soon (we have an AC living in Africa, haven't seen them since Nov/2019), and the hugs will be so special.

Marydoll so much for you resting yesterday? I know all about the chair painting episode!!!!!

Keep safe and well folks ?