Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Wed 01-Jul-20 06:15:09

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry , but shows signs of rain in the night here in Brackley this morning .
Anyway , I went to Buckingham yesterday and called in the cafe I use as regards to changes this weekend coming , anyway apart from getting a take away coffee I spoke to the owner ,and she explained that on arrival subject to maybe queing as well , you would shown a table , they would take contact details, and the person serving you when you order would be wearing a face mask .
On the other hand I had a email which supports a letter as regards to my coach holidays /excursions the main reason is the social distancing on those trips in the coach as to numbers .
Take Care ,
Mick

Puzzler61 Wed 01-Jul-20 08:12:37

Good morning Mick and all.
? Happy Birthday to You Bellasnana ?
? ? ?
I hope you have a special day, you deserve it, along with your DD and friend.
Marydoll I’m sorry your hands are painful. Keep resting but please don’t stop posting!! ??‍?

My ‘diary’ is empty today. DH is at golf and I’m trying to decide what I want to do. Problem is I’ll prevaricate too long and probably not do much.
It’s ok to have a day like that now and again.
It’s dry but grey outside.

Wishing everyone a worry and pain free day. Grans with plans - have a good one. ?

mancgirl Wed 01-Jul-20 08:13:06

Would just add in case anyone was wondering, the cousins are part of our family bubble!

benjamina Wed 01-Jul-20 08:18:07

Good morning everyone, I have been reading your posts for a while now and decided to take the plunge and join in. You seem a lovely lot!

I am in the north west of England (wish it was the north west of somewhere exotic). Todays forecast is light cloud and a gentle breeze. Bring back the sun!

Today I am working from home - I have always worked full time but decided that this is the last year - so I am on 3 days a week Jan 20 to Dec 20 - Then freedom!!

Happy birthday to Bellasnana - we are the same age almost exactly. Just one day differant. I wonder if we share the same cancerian traits? I also wonder how the years flew by and I got to this age. I still feel much younger in my head!

I spent my 40th birthday in Malta sailing on a ferry over to Gozo - lovely day - lovely memory.

I suppose I had better log on to my work for the day now. At least its my "Friday" Hope everyone has the best day they can and life is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 01-Jul-20 08:23:07

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

Even though are communal gardens are opening today we are still happier going to the beach. More arrivals last night I noticed - big cars parking up, suitcases in the boot = more people from further afield. I don’t want to use the swimming pool just yet so we shall head off once I’ve finished my coffee and made up some sandwiches.

I can’t believe it’s 1st July already can you?

Hope Wednesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Puzzler61 Wed 01-Jul-20 08:31:08

Hi Benjamina. Welcome. Glad you’ve decided to join in.

I’m a Cancerian too ?

Don’t work too hard and I hope you have something nice planned for tomorrow ?

Urmstongran Wed 01-Jul-20 08:32:42

Wishing you many happy returns of the day Bellasnana you certainly don’t look 64 years old! Got me thinking of that old Beatles’ song now ... ??

I’m slightly concerned about EllanVannin who has gone AWOL. Most unlike her. I sent her a p.m. and didn’t get a reply. I hope all is well over on the Costa Mersey?

Ginny42 Wed 01-Jul-20 08:33:03

Good morning Mick and everyone from a drizzly Cheshire. I went back to bed at 5.00 after being awake for hours and actually slept.

Happy Birthday Bellasnana. Have a lovely day. Sorry you're having such troubles Marydoll. Tiny steps a day at a time.

The bane of my garden is the squirrels. Cheeky blighters eat my rose buds. Sit on the wall and munch them! Went online to order a new smoothie maker yesterday, popped into the women's fashions and accidentally bought a dress and then accidentally bought some sandals to go with it. No smoothie maker.

Another work day ahead, but first a walk in the drizzle. Hey ho! Have a good day everyone. [flowrs] for all.

Bellasnana Wed 01-Jul-20 08:36:24

Wow! Thank you all so much for the lovely birthday wishes, you’ve made my day.

Pantglas thanks for your nice comment, I can assure you I look every bit of my age when I look in the mirror grin

Welcome to my ‘almost twin’ benjamina. Is your birthday tomorrow or was it yesterday? That’s a coincidence! I spent my 40th in Gozo as well! My late DH took me for the weekend. Happy memories indeed.

Thanks again to my good morning friends. You’re all very special.?

Urmstongran Wed 01-Jul-20 08:38:23

I forgot this!

Bellasnana Wed 01-Jul-20 08:41:49

This one, Urmston! It’s on my brain too?

gillybob Wed 01-Jul-20 08:43:43

Good morning from the NE coast where we have yet another grey and damp day . So much for it being July .

A huge welcome to this lovely Good Morning thread benjamina I’m on the opposite side of the country to you , where we haven’t had a lot in the way of sunshine this year so far ......I do hope to see you posting here regularly .

Happy Birthday to you Bellasnana I hope you have a wonderful day. smile

I’m just off to “that place that knows no sunshine” where I will spend most of today before doing a big shop for my dad later . I have a skip coming and I am bringing my DH through later to oversee what me and one of the lads have piled up to go in it . No doubt he will put lots of stuff back.

I had a bit of a barney on the phone with the LA licensing who said that the pub, a stones throw from my DD’s house is allowed to out tables and chairs in the pavement . It is right in the middle of a residential area and they have had a fair bit of trouble with rowdiness in the past. Crikey knows what it will be like when the hoards are spilling out on the paths and roads. I am promised a call back later today . Feeling really anxious about it .

I was lying awake during the night (for a change) thinking that I can’t remember the last time I had something to look forward to. Other than looking after my little Evie twice a week again every day is just the same old, same old, same old and at 58 it’s quite depressing .

Sorry for the miseries ......(again).

Try to have have a good Wednesday everyone .
Love Gillybob xx

Greyduster Wed 01-Jul-20 08:45:08

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Grey and damp here in South Yorkshire. No plans today. We had a trip to the park yesterday, stopping on the way to pick up a couple of roast pork sandwiches, in lieu of lunch, from the local butcher, which we sat on a bench and ate. They were delicious but attracted the attention of every dog for miles around who flocked to sit at our feet much to the annoyance of their owners! One simply refused to come when called and the lady had a bit of a trek back to put him on the lead and drag him away!! Face time last night with GS who was a bit giddy?. Happy birthday Bellasnana??. Welcome aboard benjamina! Have a good day folks.

gillybob Wed 01-Jul-20 08:46:44

Oops meant to mention that I too am missing BlueSapphire and concerned about EllanVannin too (thank you Urms) . It’s been a few days now.

Still holding CrazyH’s little grandson in my thoughts every night and hoping for some good news.

Greyduster Wed 01-Jul-20 08:47:59

Gilly??

Kalu Wed 01-Jul-20 08:52:58

Good morning all from Glasgow where we have grey skies but a calm day as the strong breeze we had yesterday has thankfully gone. I did manage to hang a washing out which dried blowing in the sun.

A good day yesterday which felt quite productive as we managed to retrieve some ivy and Virginia creeper over the garden wall. A lot of left a bit, right a bit as I fed it over a 6ft wall to DH. Also as the weather turned out better than expected, enjoyed a get together in a friend’s garden for coffee and a lot of blethering as usual.

Gardener is arriving shortly to trim back and tidy up hedges and shrubs. Just hope the rain stays off as we are planning a visit to our local garden centre this afternoon. ?

Happy Birthday Bellasnana ?? Enjoy your day at the Lido and I hope you also enjoy a swim.

Pleased to hear you managed a visit with your neighbour Marydoll. Three hours of blethering is thirsty work. ?

Have a pleasant day all especially BlueSapphire and those of you having difficult times.

Hope all is ok EllanV

Anniebach Wed 01-Jul-20 08:53:52

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Alexa Wed 01-Jul-20 08:59:52

Good morning. Summer jasmine is out like little white stars.

Kalu Wed 01-Jul-20 09:06:36

A warm welcome to you Benjamina. So pleased you decided to take the plunge and join us. Also, Happy Birthday to you too??

annsixty Wed 01-Jul-20 09:07:21

Good morning all from another Cancerian, it must be a very good month.
Bellasnana a very happy birthday.
On all the photographs you have posted I would have you down as early 50’s and I am not trying to flatter.

We have 4 birthdays in 5 days so a very expensive month.

My “sort of GS” will be 12 on the 8th, my GD will be 18 on the 9th, my D will be 55 on the 10th and I will be very old on the 12th.
Both my D and I came home from hospital with our D’s on our birthdays.

It is dry but dull here in Stockport, no change there then for the present.

Hope you all have as good a day as you can,

Urmstongran Wed 01-Jul-20 09:07:25

Good morning to you too Alexa. I love the scent of jasmine - it’s heavenly. Where are you posting from? And what’s your weather like? We are a nosy lot ? but it adds interest to our posts.
?
I don’t know you well enough to enquire about the value of your house. Maybe next week …

Nannytopsy Wed 01-Jul-20 09:20:46

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Happy Birthday Bella and welcome benjamina. It’s a busy day today - click and collect shopping, a delivery of pasties from Marazion ( a surprise for DH) and a visit from a carpet cleaner man. Also DDiL’s birthday card to drop off. We know how to live!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

harrigran Wed 01-Jul-20 09:28:51

Good morning from an overcast NE, again.
Cote at home delivery today so nice meals to look forward to.
DH went out yesterday, long queues everywhere especially the bank.
Happy Birthday Bellasnana, have a super day.
Thinking of you Marydoll, pleased to hear you had a jolly afternoon.

HAZBEEN Wed 01-Jul-20 09:30:36

Good Morning everyone, this is the first time I have posted on this thread although I lurk and read almost everyday!
Its going to be another day of chaos in the Hazbeen house. My OH has been re-tiling the kitchen (walls and floor) so the washing machine, fridge etc have been in the lounge! Finally all but the fridge is back in place but now its painting time!
To think I was complaining that for all he is a builder nothing gets done here!
Happy Birthday to all celebrating and have a good day everyone.

HAZBEEN Wed 01-Jul-20 09:31:28

Oops forgot to say I am in Surrey very close to Heathrow and is rather cloudy here.

Pittcity Wed 01-Jul-20 09:38:35

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Off to Wednesday meetup in local park. Much cooler than last week.