Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Wed 01-Jul-20 06:15:09

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry , but shows signs of rain in the night here in Brackley this morning .
Anyway , I went to Buckingham yesterday and called in the cafe I use as regards to changes this weekend coming , anyway apart from getting a take away coffee I spoke to the owner ,and she explained that on arrival subject to maybe queing as well , you would shown a table , they would take contact details, and the person serving you when you order would be wearing a face mask .
On the other hand I had a email which supports a letter as regards to my coach holidays /excursions the main reason is the social distancing on those trips in the coach as to numbers .
Take Care ,
Mick

Susan56 Wed 01-Jul-20 13:23:54

Glad you’re ok Ellan?

Grandmafrench Wed 01-Jul-20 13:45:30

Don’t you just love technology, Ellan.....can’t live without it, can’t throw it off tall buildings! Mmm, now there’s a thought,
Good of you to let all us Anxious Annies that you’re well. x

EllanVannin Wed 01-Jul-20 13:46:43

Thankyou Susan and all those who showed concern It's much appreciated xx.

It seems that the hub I was using wasn't compatible for the fibre which is in full use in the area. Ironically a card stating this came through the letterbox yesterday but no explanation about some silly old bat sitting wondering why the internet won't work grin Anyway, it's supposed to do everything but make the tea now.

Kalu Wed 01-Jul-20 13:59:34

Oh, there you are Ellan. Good to have you back among us?
As I have said many times, technology is wonderful...when it works?

Hymnbook Wed 01-Jul-20 14:40:29

Hello everyone. Don't normally post this late if at all. Met my sister outside our shopping centre to go to Tesco. First time I've been since all the shops reopened. No queues. A lot more people in the supermarket though. Had an appointment with my podiatrist on Friday which l have now cancelled. Too anxious to make the 30 minutes plus journey wearing a mask. Also no idea if the loos will be open. Will just have to keep doing my own feet. Hope everyone is having a good day. At least the weather is a bit better today.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 01-Jul-20 15:36:25

grandmafrench. Drookit means very, very wet. As in “I’m fair (very) drookit”. Very, very, very wet in nearly drowned wet. Nice emphasis on the oo. You get drookit in wet rain but not in drizzle.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 01-Jul-20 15:41:48

aggie. Most likely Glasgow, certainly very Central Belt. My mother was Glaswegian through and through.

Grandmafrench Wed 01-Jul-20 15:45:13

How I wish my old Mum was alive - she'd be in fits at this lovely word. She used to complain of being cold if she stood outside school in winter waiting for her GS to come out. She always said she was "shrammed". It never failed to make my children roar with laughter and I have never heard another person use that word.

grandMattie Wed 01-Jul-20 17:50:56

Grandmafrench, my sister used to use it. She lived in Manchester. Perhaps it's from that area?

Grandmafrench Wed 01-Jul-20 18:01:31

What a surprise, GrandMattie. No, my Mother was raised in the Wye Valley, near Monmouth. Perhaps your Sis and my Mum were "one-offs?" grin. I'm going to look it up now.