Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(59 Posts)
grandMattie Sun 05-Jul-20 07:20:31

Gramaretto, DGS is 16 but DS is 42, hardly hollow legged growing boy! ?

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jul-20 07:14:42

Sun’s up here! (isn’t it, Pantglas? - hope all went well yesterday with the airport, flight and hire car experience!) ?

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous day ahead ? with temperature forecasted to be 28°C - perfect, not humid. There is definitely something about this part of Andalusia from where you can see the coast of Africa that I love.

Pedro’s ‘El Corner Bar’ (next door to Juan & Maria’s) have started their summer barbacoas now - we noticed on the chalkboard outside when we came up from the beach on Friday. They are very popular on Fridays and weekends with visitors and locals alike. We have decided to go down at 8pm and enjoy a G&T whilst placing our order. We love BBQ especially if we don’t have to cook it!

Glad you didn’t get asked for contact details for a coffee & a toastie Mick! Nothing of that malarkey out here and all is well round here. That said, I don’t know what caused the huge lockdown at noon yesterday of some 400,000 people to the west of Barcelona.

Hope you enjoyed your meal out GG13 yesterday and that it’s given your confidence a boost (as well as being delicious of course!). It is lovely not to have to shop/prep/cook/wash up and just pick up a menu again!

Hope the patrons at the pub across the road from your daughter behaved themselves yesterday gillyboband that there were no incidents.
?

Our youngest daughter got her hair done in Manchester yesterday! She was delighted to be one of the first appointments.

Hope Sunday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x. Thinking of you BlueSapphire.

Grammaretto Sun 05-Jul-20 06:57:31

Good morning everyone from a very windy but sunny Scottish Borders.
You sound very pleased to be back to "normal" Mick. Let's hope things stay a bit more relaxed. I think lots of us are missing meeting our friends in cafés or on the bus.
Sunday we always have our zoom church but then nothing planned so far. DH has a sore eye which is making him miserable. He's a great reader so I hope this will go away as quickly as it came.

We forget how much hollow legged young people can devour grandMattie I wonder what age your DGC are but they are growing, that's for sure.

Beechnut Sun 05-Jul-20 06:51:01

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is sunny and cloudy. It has rained during the night.

You’ve got growing and still growing boys there grandMattie.

Lots of activity next door with a dumper truck. Every time it went into reverse I thought it was my smoke alarm going off.

I cleared most of the cut down stuff and will finish off the bigger pieces today and then I would like to get out my new toy and see how I go with it.

Hope you all have a good day and stay safe ?

Nannytopsy Sun 05-Jul-20 06:35:07

Morning Grandmattie?!

Nannytopsy Sun 05-Jul-20 06:34:36

Good morning Mick and all to come. Sounds like a busy day Mick. Keep safe!
It’s very windy in Suffolk this morning- it has woken me early.
DS & DGC coming to see us this lunchtime so fish fingers and chips it is! They are allowed in the house now but still at a distance. Not sure how that works!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

grandMattie Sun 05-Jul-20 06:31:12

Stonking not stinking... grrr ?

grandMattie Sun 05-Jul-20 06:30:19

Good morning from grey, windy E Kent. Don’t know why the wind is/has been so strong these last few days. It’s very enervating.
Congratulations ? Mick on your first cup of coffee post release. Did you get your hair cut too?
DGS and DS1 are here, eating me out of house and home. We had wraps last night. DH and I struggled to eat one each. The boys? They had threeeach, and room for an apricot upside down pudding and custard!
Nothing much on today. Since BBC has stopped showing church services, we watch our DD in her church. She does give a stinking sermon if I say so myself.
Peace to all those who need it, serenity to all. Stay well, stay safe.

12Michael Sun 05-Jul-20 06:23:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but cloudy start here in Brackley this morning .
My trip out yesterday , saw more than expected .
Once I had got to Bicester , I went to bakery shop I use the cafe is not open until Monday , there was queing for barber shops plus someone had set up a mobile one again queing .
Got back to Buckingham , the flea market stall ,and also the Old Gaol museum had reopened , the cafe I use , got a seat sat down and ordered, no questions as to personal details tracking , had a coffee and toastie ,and watched all the diverted traffic going through the town centre due to road works .
Returned home , and got a Chinses take away as usual,
Take care
Mick