Gransnet forums

Chat

Meghan for President??!!

(127 Posts)
Namsnanny Sun 05-Jul-20 15:33:43

Not so out there as it initially seems if Kanye is up for it too!

H&M have big ideas for themselves, or so it seems.

I read a week or two ago, that H&M's people were looking into the knotty problem of have access to a title and keeping US citizenship. Its been on and off the agenda since before the wedding.

According to the law you cant have a title and be a US citizen, and you cant enter into politics if you aren't an American citizen.

So if I understand this correctly perhaps H&M are aiming higher for their future careers?

Well it worked for RReagan, and Clint Eastwood and less well for Swarzineggar!

It would be a natural progression given the 'platform' H and his connections have obligingly supplied.

M has made it no secret that she wants to position herself at the forefront of public life.
What could be more in line with this wish than being in politics?

From H's point of view being a minor royal 4th in line, with all the constraints of protocol, dont compare with the glamour or financial rewards of being the husband of the first female President.
Even a senators life cant be all bad. At least you get to call the shots.

Makes sense of all the peculiar things she/they have done in my mind.
The only thing that doesnt fit is saying they want to stay clear of the press, then courting them!

Maybe it that's initially what H wanted, a life free from intrusion, but changed his mind when he saw the benefits of supporting his wife's ideas?
Perhaps the court case is more about controlling the press now and in the future, than simply protecting their personal lives?
Maybe it was a misjudged manipulation of information by M? After all her friends leaked the letter.
Who knows? I certainly dont!

But watch this space, I think M&H think they are the next Kennedys!

Namsnanny Sun 05-Jul-20 18:12:26

Craicon ... who is the racist?

I dont think I was bashing anyone Cleopanda may be Harry a little?

Do you know chewbacca it does sound mad, but I dont think it's that far out there!

lemongrove ... just for the sake of argument, assume this suggestion wasnt so .... strange, dont you think they could be amassing potential supporters who have money?
They do aim to mix with some of the richest and influential people. Or are trying hard to do so.

If they had a long term plan and put the work in, 10 to 15 years time she would only be late 40's early 50's.
Who knows?

Well, if I squint and use my imagination! grin

I should have realised my train of thought is a bit to meandering for some people to follow, and true I thought some might think me down right stupid for even entertaining such a thought, but it's Sunday and surely a lively conversation from a different view point is what GN is all about?

Maybe the after effects of C19 and whether it will change our lives is playing on my mind?

Or it could be seeing the effects of the BLM protesters and registering just how much hurt is not being addressed?

But it did occur that someone like her, if not her, is ripe for becoming President.

As I said not necessarily soon.
smile

Urmstongran Sun 05-Jul-20 18:22:21

Meghan.
Hmm.

The bottom line is, she thinks she's better, prettier , more talented etc all, than she is, she thought the RF would be privileged to have a two bit actress in their midst.

She thought she was better than Kate because she's been in a Netflix series , she thought she would be Queen Bee,when it didn't happen that way, she spat out her dummy and got nasty .

She entrapped the gormless Harry for the sole purpose of social climbing, nothing more . Their attitude and behaviour has been unforgivable .

sodapop Sun 05-Jul-20 20:01:12

All the above qualifies her for the job Urmstongran grin

I object to being termed ^a racist old biddy^*craicon*. Which racist posts are you referring to ?

Sparklefizz Sun 05-Jul-20 20:06:55

Harry is 6th in line, not 4th.

3nanny6 Sun 05-Jul-20 20:13:08

So that's two in the running for president, Meghan and Kanye.

Wonder who will fit best in the White House, Meghan, Harry and little Archie or Kanye and his family of Kardashians.
Sounds superb to me.

Toadinthehole Sun 05-Jul-20 20:32:51

After Trump, I’d believe anything ?

EllanVannin Sun 05-Jul-20 20:33:16

Round of applause for Urmston grin You are correct of course.

Anniebach Sun 05-Jul-20 20:36:04

sodapop any criticism of Meg is classed racist by her admirers

EllanVannin Sun 05-Jul-20 20:39:27

I'd vote for DT myself if I could ! I think he's hilarious and I'll never forget the time when he marched off in front of the Queen and looked around to see where she was. I still laugh about it now. Her lips were quite pursed grin Typical man !

Lucca Sun 05-Jul-20 21:08:59

Urmstongran

Trump will secure the Presidency in November.

In my opinion.
?

And this pleases you ?

Lucca Sun 05-Jul-20 21:11:28

Also why the “two bit” actress ? You sound positively Victorian.
And before Annie piles in, I don’t “support” Meghan, I just find the relentless bitching rather unpleasant.

Galaxy Sun 05-Jul-20 21:28:51

Two bit actress always makes me laugh.

suziewoozie Sun 05-Jul-20 21:34:55

I wasn’t throwing a stone - merely pointing out the utter inanity of this thread and postulating as to your motivation for starting it.

paddyanne Sun 05-Jul-20 21:35:33

Michelle Obama gets my vote,sadly it seems America doesn't want a President with brains and common sense and dignity ...oh and who dresses well .

MawB Sun 05-Jul-20 21:50:32

paddyanne

Michelle Obama gets my vote,sadly it seems America doesn't want a President with brains and common sense and dignity ...oh and who dresses well .

She would get my vote too, but even more sadly, has frequently stated that she has no ambitions whatsoever in that direction.

Anniebach Sun 05-Jul-20 21:51:24

Hilary Clinton was asked if Michelle Obama would stand for
President, she said definitely not.

MawB Sun 05-Jul-20 21:53:22

Anniebach

Hilary Clinton was asked if Michelle Obama would stand for
President, she said definitely not.

Anniebach , Michelle Obama has said so * herself*

Dollymc2 Sun 05-Jul-20 22:29:05

Michelle Obama oozes class, intelligence and empathy
The antithesis of Trump

Namsnanny Sun 05-Jul-20 22:35:13

suziewoosie Postulating? Ooo Er !!
Sorry I should grow up grin

suziewoozie Sun 05-Jul-20 22:37:28

This thread is classic dog whistle GFery

Luckygirl Sun 05-Jul-20 22:43:34

Anyone but Trump!

Chewbacca Sun 05-Jul-20 23:31:43

What's classic dog whistle GFery?

suziewoozie Sun 05-Jul-20 23:45:00

Firstly this thread is goady fuckery becsuse it’s about something that hasn’t happened - it’s predicated upon a lie. It’s a dog whistle because it’s set up in a supposedly jokey way to have a go at a black woman whilst masquerading as something more acceptable. Here’s a definition.

‘The phrase "dog whistle" has been around for years. It's political shorthand for a phrase that may sound innocuous to some people, but which also communicates something more insidious either to a subset of the audience or outside of the audience’s conscious awareness — a covert appeal to some noxious set of views.’

Oopsminty Sun 05-Jul-20 23:55:26

suziewoozie

I am not usually a participant of the H&M threads but will read and utter the odd pointless point of view

I do find it worrying that Meghan's race has been mentioned by yourself

Are we not allowed to dislike/criticise/comment in a negative fashion about anyone from an ethnic background? Are we to be like those poor children in that show about racism in schools? White people worrying about saying the wrong thing?

Have you gone on the Kanye West thread to comment about people having a go at a black man? I don't think you have.

I'm not keen on Holly Willoughby. Irrational. No reason for it at all. She just irritates me a bit. Am I being racist towards her?

We need to tread carefully when accusing people of racism or it will just dilute the real issue.

GagaJo Sun 05-Jul-20 23:56:15

Message deleted by Gransnet as it repeated a comment we've since had to delete. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.