Gransnet forums

Chat

Meghan for President??!!

(127 Posts)
Namsnanny Sun 05-Jul-20 15:33:43

Not so out there as it initially seems if Kanye is up for it too!

H&M have big ideas for themselves, or so it seems.

I read a week or two ago, that H&M's people were looking into the knotty problem of have access to a title and keeping US citizenship. Its been on and off the agenda since before the wedding.

According to the law you cant have a title and be a US citizen, and you cant enter into politics if you aren't an American citizen.

So if I understand this correctly perhaps H&M are aiming higher for their future careers?

Well it worked for RReagan, and Clint Eastwood and less well for Swarzineggar!

It would be a natural progression given the 'platform' H and his connections have obligingly supplied.

M has made it no secret that she wants to position herself at the forefront of public life.
What could be more in line with this wish than being in politics?

From H's point of view being a minor royal 4th in line, with all the constraints of protocol, dont compare with the glamour or financial rewards of being the husband of the first female President.
Even a senators life cant be all bad. At least you get to call the shots.

Makes sense of all the peculiar things she/they have done in my mind.
The only thing that doesnt fit is saying they want to stay clear of the press, then courting them!

Maybe it that's initially what H wanted, a life free from intrusion, but changed his mind when he saw the benefits of supporting his wife's ideas?
Perhaps the court case is more about controlling the press now and in the future, than simply protecting their personal lives?
Maybe it was a misjudged manipulation of information by M? After all her friends leaked the letter.
Who knows? I certainly dont!

But watch this space, I think M&H think they are the next Kennedys!

Anniebach Thu 09-Jul-20 21:23:20

Big difference in telling your grandmother face to face to doing so on national television.

Give up the title, give up the money, give up the bolt hole Frogmore , then criticise .