Gransnet forums

Chat

Haircut this week, hurrah!

(82 Posts)
GillT57 Mon 06-Jul-20 15:37:31

I have got my hairdresser coming in later this week. As the premises where she rents a salon is not open yet, she has decided to go mobile. All precautions in place. I am looking forward to having a good haircut and getting rid of 4 months worth of growth, but have decided to stop colouring my hair and embrace, slowly, going grey. This week we have the haircut and the discussion as to where we go from here, gentle introduction and assimilation of the grey is what I am aiming for. Anyone else looking forward to a haircut?

Shizam Tue 07-Jul-20 22:47:04

I’ve cut my own hair?? It looks fine. Grown out the colour. What I really would like is a pedicure, I’m rubbish at doing nails. Don’t understand why hairdressers are open but not the beauty/nail part of salons. Also thinking bald people must laughing and thinking, this is our time!

Glenfinnan Tue 07-Jul-20 23:18:46

Had my hair cut yesterday. No colour as decided I’m going to let my grey hair come through. All precautions in place at the saloon, only 4 customers at a time. I decided I would go short so lots of old colour cut out. Then had a few highlights to blend. Really pleased with the new look! Going to try using Hot White hair products.

Happysexagenarian Tue 07-Jul-20 23:25:27

I'm going to wait until next Spring. I'm growing out my short layered style, trimming it myself every few weeks. It will take till next Spring to get it all one length (about chin length) and then it will be long enough for my hairdresser to restyle. I don't have to worry about the colour as it's already white/grey. Hairdressers are going to be so busy for months to come, and if there is a second wave of Covid in the Autumn or Winter they may have to close again. So I'll wait.

RosieJ Wed 08-Jul-20 08:55:08

Today! Yay! smile
It's my daughters salon so I will feel perfectly safe as I know the lengths she's gone to in preparing for re opening.
GillT57 your point about landfill is valid but having weighed up all the costs involved in washing her normal towels my daughter has invested in single use compostable towels.
She is trying to minimise the amount of non recyclable ppe wherever possible.

RosieJ Wed 08-Jul-20 09:08:22

Dowsabella working from home or from a salon makes no difference to the regulations she will have to have in place. Clients are still coming and going into her workspace no matter what name it's given. So no drinks or magazines and she should be using the correct ppe with no asking "do you mind if I don't wear this visor" as has been reported by some shock
The same applies to mobile stylists, anyone who shortcuts on safety is to be avoided.

maddyone Wed 08-Jul-20 15:48:09

I’m done smilesmilesmile
Just had my hair coloured and cut, yippee ???