Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(49 Posts)
12Michael Fri 10-Jul-20 06:14:47

Good Morning Everyone,
It is a bright but cloudy start here in Brackley this morning.
Yesterdays trip to Bicester , did a shop , plus went the cafe as mentioned .
I was asked for my name and contact number , plus they operated a one way system as well.
I am experiencing one problem at the moment , I seemed to have bumped my right big toe ,and it was painful day yesterday got some deep heat sprayed last night and this morning , hope it improves as I try and do normal routines and rest as well.
Take Care ,
Mick

Anniebach Fri 10-Jul-20 08:58:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Fri 10-Jul-20 09:00:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a sunny South Yorkshire! Hurray! That toe sounds painful Mick, try and keep the weight off it today if you can.
I am having my hair cut this afternoon. I don’t know whether to be elated or terrified, but it will, quite literally, be a weight off my mind to see it looking shipshape again!
Have a good safe day, folks.

Nortsat Fri 10-Jul-20 09:00:26

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a grey east London.
We are both feeling a bit bored with my shielding. My partner suggests a ride out in the car, but we can’t do anything when we get there (wherever we go), so I am not sure there’s any point.

Butchers delivery today and I plan to stuff chicken breasts for supper.

We have invested in some new garden tools and plan some gardening at the weekend. I hope the weather stays dry.

I have been watching ‘Home is where the art is’ on BBC catch up. It’s a lovely programme where three artists compete for a commission. They might be painters, sculptors or glass artists and they produce a piece to a brief, then the buyer purchases one. It’s so interesting to watch the artists at work and to see the different ways they interpret the brief.
It’s well worth watching, if you’re interested in creative arts.

Have a good day all, hello to Bluesapphire if she’s reading and ? to those facing challenges. ?

12Michael Fri 10-Jul-20 09:00:56

I have a feeling it could be an insect bite , as I cannot recall any bumping into things walking.
I have a small jar of a trusted insect bite rub , Tiger Balm .
I have also disinfected the shoe inners , which either in a flat like I am small spiders are common ,and when I looked at the foot it looked like small cut , which could well be done by a small insect .
Mick

Kalu Fri 10-Jul-20 09:11:49

Good morning everyone from a sunny start to the day at least here in Glasgow gilly. We watched the same Location with Kirsty saying how much she loves coming to Glasgow too.

Good news for your DD Marydoll. After such a long wait and disappointment she deserves a glorious sunny day for her wedding.?

Hanging pictures back up is a real trial in our house too kitty. DH is so lucky I don’t hang him too!?

Collected my car yesterday which had a sign on the window; This vehicle is fully sanitised. Strange times indeed.
DD1 and the girls popped in for another picnic, we are so happy to have these visits now. Next big step we look forward to is sleepovers. Long FaceTime blether with DD2 and DSiL in Australia to finish off another perfect day.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and best wishes to those with difficult times.

Urmstongran Fri 10-Jul-20 09:19:55

I’m looking forward to going into Los Boliches and Fuengirola again later in the summer GG13 when I feel brave enough to get on a train. Funny isn’t it how some situations we find acceptable in these unusual times and others not so much! We all have our own anxieties I suppose and some of them aren’t all that rational.
?

BladeAnnie Fri 10-Jul-20 09:25:59

Good morning all from a sunny mid-Notts. I'm going to take the plunge and let Mr BA colour my hair this afternoon!! He's done it before so no stranger to it although I have been going to the hairdressers for the past few years. I quite like it a bit longer and I have been thinking of just embracing the grey but I don't think I quite ready to yet. I'm still shielding until till the end of the month and even then I don't think I'll be quite ready for going to the hairdressers. So our kitchen will be the next best thing - we will even have magazines and coffee!! Hope everyone has the best day possible and stay safe x

GrannyGravy13 Fri 10-Jul-20 09:26:45

Urmstongran

I’m looking forward to going into Los Boliches and Fuengirola again later in the summer GG13 when I feel brave enough to get on a train. Funny isn’t it how some situations we find acceptable in these unusual times and others not so much! We all have our own anxieties I suppose and some of them aren’t all that rational.
?

Our family friends flew out to Malaga on Tuesday, three generations eldest 81 and youngest 5. I wish I was brave enough to get on a plane as there is an apartment we can use any time in Los Boliches and that part of Spain has so many memories of growing up my sisters school, my sons first nursery.

Gingster Fri 10-Jul-20 09:47:43

Good morning all. Nice and sunny here at the mo. It’s our anniversary today 49 years. Big one next year, God willing! We are going to be brave and head out for lunch.

Have a lovely day. ?.

gillybob Fri 10-Jul-20 09:50:38

Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Gingster I hope you a joy your special lunch and have a lovely day smile

gillybob Fri 10-Jul-20 09:51:33

Another day of rain here . Jeez what a non-summer this is turning out to be .

Froglady Fri 10-Jul-20 09:55:13

Just dull here in Blackburn.
I have finally got my bedroom curtains back up! They were taken down just before lockdown as the room was being decorated and I couldn't get anybody to come and put them back up and I couldn't do it myself as I'm disabled. But it is so good to be able to close the curtains properly without having to worry about gaps.

Megs36 Fri 10-Jul-20 09:55:33

gillybob, pleasedyousound brighter, I know your husband was waiting for an op and you had such an awful time yourself with teeth, are things looking up, Good luck.?

gillgran Fri 10-Jul-20 10:14:16

Good Morning to you all, from a dry-at the-moment- Cambs.,
We've had enough rain now, thank you.!
Forecast is good for the weekend.

Congratulations on your anniversary Mr.&Mrs.Gingster, hope you have a lovely day. flowers

Look after that foot, Mick

Take Care Folks

ann678tifney Fri 10-Jul-20 10:25:21

Good morning everyone from a sunny NE, but don't know for how long. Gillybob hope you get that long awaited order, some of our clients have done ok during this awful time, but most of the have struggled with some having had no financial support at all, which is awful. Marydoll good news about your dd wedding, I am sure you will all enjoy the day. Nankate, the test for sleep apnoe, isn't too bad. My DH had it done, after a dr at out local hospital, spotted the way he kept falling asleep all the time, came over to us and asked if he could do ask some questions about his sleeping pattern, well its probably the first time he ever had a perfect score lol he was then referred to the sleep clinic and they found out he was waking himself up every couple of minutes, so the quality of his sleep was very badly disturbed. He now uses a mask and it has made a remarkable improvment for him and for me lol no more snoring!!! To think his falling asleep anywhere and anytime was a family joke, "he could sleep on a washing line" lol Hope everyone else keeps well and safe.

gillybob Fri 10-Jul-20 10:27:06

DH still waiting for his operation and I’m still waiting to see Maxfax consultant Megs36 how kind of you to remember. I guess the reason for my better mood is that it’s been a long week and I made it through to Friday smile

CherryCezzy Fri 10-Jul-20 10:41:27

Good morning Mick and all of you from Gower. It's dry, there is even some blue sky ?

I'd better get a wriggle on as I'm off to meet a friend shortly. It will be the first time, since lockdown, that I have met up with anyone outside of our garden so I'm really looking forward to it ?

Wonderful that so many grans are now "babysitting" DGC and the DGC sleeping over ?

Marydoll, great news that your DD will be able to have her garden wedding in August. My nephew1 and his wonderful wife had their wedding reception in her parents garden and it was one of the most romantic receptions I have ever been to, there was just something so special about it being outdoors and in her family home ?

I've still got my ? for you gillybob.

Keep a keen eye on that toe Mick, it's important for diabetics to watch their feet. I'm not sure it does sound like a bite as it seems like the skin is broken (cut). If it gets worse please seek advice from your GP.

Happy anniversary ? to the Gingsters. Enjoy your lunch out and have a wonderful day ? ? ?

Take care and stay safe everyone. ? for all who need them - thinking of you BlueSapphire

Be kind to yourselves ❤️

Gelisajams Fri 10-Jul-20 10:41:54

Good morning from a bright Morecambe Bay from where we have just returned from an extended walk. Not much planned for the rest of the day. We were intending to see DS3 but he sent a text to say he has a cold. DG seems to have brought it home from preschool. Not a good idea for us to meet 3 days before our trip to Shetland just in case!
DS2 had a Covid test as there is an outbreak at his warehouse. His result came back unclear! Not helpful!
We have noticed that people seem to have stopped the social distancing. It’s not too bad here, but coming back from working in Keswick the other day it certainly wasn’t happening in Ambleside.
Take care and stay safe?

Grammaretto Fri 10-Jul-20 10:52:47

Oh Gilly wonderful to see your Friday girl again. I had to check I was on the right thread
wine cupcake
For Marydoll yay!! a wedding in August in a Glasgow garden. A gazebo sounds an excellent idea. grin
Congratulations for your anniversary.
Mr & Mrs Gingster

Tomorrow DH will be 75. Both his parents are being driven over to help celebrate, by his DB and our DS1 with his family will join us for a piece of cake in the garden. What strange times indeed.
Please can you all send sunshine. It is cold and wet here in the Scottish Borders.
DD took the DGC to a playpark yesterday where they saw other children for the first time in over 4 months.

EllanVannin Fri 10-Jul-20 11:11:26

Good Morning All xx
Blustery, sunny now and again in between cloud----but damn cold and I've got a big jumper on. I'd just love some warmth without being muffled up with clothes.

I've been ages reading the posts and prior to that I was scanning the local paper looking to see if the was anything about the loud bang yesterday----nothing. One of my neighbours yesterday thought it was a door banging, what ? my curtains nearly blew out of the open window ! grin

I'd do a bit of washing if I thought the rain would keep off but it's towels and I don't want them hanging around so I'll wait until the weather's more settled, if it ever will be.

Friend and I used to love the market at Fuengirola on a Sunday then a walk along the prom to a castle. Also a train ride along the coast. I know she wouldn't have liked this lockdown had she still been alive or the restrictions on holidays which she lived for.

Keep an eye on the foot Mick as even insect bites can be nasty. Mozzies like biting feet.

A garden wedding, Marydoll. I couldn't think of anything nicer, just hope the weather holds as it should do---even there ! How lovely that'll be.

Picture-hanging, mmm, I remember it well. H was a perfectionist and used a plumb-line. He did it after I'd gone to bed grin it would have driven me barmy as I was the opposite. What with that and the spirit-level ! If he saw my efforts now.

I hope you have good news today Gillybob, a start and a step in the right direction. I wish you so much luck after what's been nearly a year xx It's got to happen as things couldn't go on as they were.

Many will have had their dreams shattered with this virus and I feel for all those who've lost their livelihoods etc. sad

Have a happy day today Gingster flowers wine or brew x

Take care everyone and stay safe whatever you do. xx

Megs36 Fri 10-Jul-20 11:16:02

gillybob keep up the good work.

Greyduster Fri 10-Jul-20 11:24:15

Sorry Gingster only just picked up its your anniversary today! Many congratulations to you and Mr G and many more anniversaries! Enjoy your day??

Puzzler61 Fri 10-Jul-20 11:43:17

Just popped back in , and want to add my Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Ginster for their Anniversary. Have a wonderful day and evening ? ? ?

And Marydoll , your daughter must be deliriously happy that her wedding is now ON, and you all have much dress, heels and hat shopping to do. Super news! ?