Gransnet forums

Chat

I slipped up

(64 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Fri 10-Jul-20 23:03:57

Hi all,
I had a visit from a relative today, we danced to music and played monopoly, and I gave her a big hug.Boris won't be pleasedgrin. X

Lucca Sat 11-Jul-20 09:04:35

I didn’t cuddle GC (or their wonderful parents) until in a bubble.

Illte Sat 11-Jul-20 09:04:49

Sensitive/thick skinned.
Careful/careless
Serious/jokey

My son will put his life on the line to treat you all.

Elegran Sat 11-Jul-20 09:34:59

You are so happy to displease Boris! If your mother told you it is dangerous to put your hand in the fire, would you do it and then say "Mother won't be pleased!"

Just WHY do you think mothers warn their children about dangers around the house, and Prime Ministers tell us of the dangers of close contact when a very infectious illness is all about us?

How old are you?

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 09:47:43

Elegran I'm sure I read in one of her posts, she said she was middle aged. I could have got that totally wrong, as it seems like a child is posting.

Bluesky, I wasn't shocked, nor shrieking into my porridge, (don't like it) wink, I was disgusted at the insensitivity of the post late last night.

Yes I admit I am sensitive just now, being into week seventeen of incarceration and trying to remain positive.

Chewbacca Sat 11-Jul-20 09:52:11

I didn’t cuddle GC (or their wonderful parents) until in a bubble.

Nor me Lucca, even when I had to standby and helplessly watch when one GC fell of her bike and split her lip open. I'm one of the very lucky GPs who, because I live alone, I can now be close to my GC, but it enrages me that some people are behaving so selfishly that they are risking the rest of us being in continued lockdown and not being able see their families for even longer. angry

Luckygirl Sat 11-Jul-20 09:59:09

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Elegran Sat 11-Jul-20 09:59:31

Marydoll It seems to me that FH displays a child's perception of some subjects. That is why I posted what my mother used to say to me as a child if I claimed, "But so-and-so says that she did it!" Her reply would be "If she told you to put your hand into the fire, would you do it?"

FH lives with her parents. I am sure that, whatever her age, her mother would say something much the same to her!

Alishka Sat 11-Jul-20 10:14:25

Back to the OP, would BJ actually give a toss? ....that's BJ whose friend and adviser made that drive north and then tested his eyesight prior to his drive back by visiting a beauty spot and is still in post. The same BJ whose father has now travelled to, where was it, Greece? That BJ* ?

I think it's because the rest of us are behaving responsibly that our R rate is lowering, but BJ is certainly not leading by exampleangry

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 10:15:10

Elegran, when I read your post, I was reminded of a very wise colleague, who always had a knack of putting things in perspective. ?

Lexisgranny Sat 11-Jul-20 10:17:20

I would love to hug my grandchildren* but as we are sheltered and in lockdown until at least mid August unless the Welsh government relents, we will have to wait. We have been following the guidelines given to protect us from Covid 19, so I am afraid people flaunting rules does not sit well with me.

* Although grandchildren are all in teens and twenties, it makes no difference to hugging them!

Grandad1943 Sat 11-Jul-20 10:20:38

FlyingHandbag

I have seen people on here admitting to a hug and nobody batted an eyelid. X

They did not start a whole new thread to brag about what they had done. ?

MawB Sat 11-Jul-20 10:22:04

Elegran

Marydoll It seems to me that FH displays a child's perception of some subjects. That is why I posted what my mother used to say to me as a child if I claimed, "But so-and-so says that she did it!" Her reply would be "If she told you to put your hand into the fire, would you do it?"

FH lives with her parents. I am sure that, whatever her age, her mother would say something much the same to her!

I did wonder if FH was trying to shock us or get our approval for her “slip up”
I sometimes wonder how old you really are Flying Handbag

Calendargirl Sat 11-Jul-20 10:26:25

I seem to recall that FH once posted that she was a few/several years younger than most on here.

So I guess she could be in her 20’s- or just under 100.

Take your pick.

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 10:30:32

Maw, I don't think FH was trying to shock or look for approval. I suspect she just wanted a bit of attention. She certainly got that, unfortunately for her, not the kind she was seeking.
I'm trying not to be unkind, so have resisted posting what I really think.
She is more to be pitied than anything else.

emmasnan Sat 11-Jul-20 10:34:09

A smiling emoji and a x at the end of your post, does not make your actions okay.
You appear to live with your parents, how would you feel if you passed the virus on to them?

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 10:35:25

Something doesn't sit right, but that's me.

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 10:36:24

I agree with Marydoll here.

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 10:39:00

I have just realised that I got my Bluegrans mixed up.
My apologies, brain fog !blush

Callistemon Sat 11-Jul-20 10:46:42

Calendargirl

Be careful Flying Handbag, I seem to recall from previous posts of yours that you are quite accident prone, so dancing might risk a fall or dizzy spell again.

Keep away from unstable walls also while playing monopoly.

Oh my word, yes!

You said you fall down a lot Flyinghandbag
Too much Monopoly could cause nose bleeds too. It's the stress of the game which may cause your blood pressure to rise.

FarNorth Sat 11-Jul-20 10:48:59

Several, on GN, have posted to the effect that 'we all have to decide our own level of risk'.
Those people are rather foolish, imo.

Possibly, FlyingHandbag, you got the idea that your post would receive indulgent smiles.

I hope you are now having a little re-think.

Hetty58 Sat 11-Jul-20 11:23:44

FlyingHandbag, nobody can say with absolute certainty that they are free from the virus.

You may well be very low risk - yet still, the risk is there.

How would you live with yourself if you passed it on to somebody and they died?

It's certainly not a joke!

Aldom Sat 11-Jul-20 11:41:29

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Megs36 Sat 11-Jul-20 13:01:04

Flying Handbag really did what she intended, so many comments, is she/he for real I wonder, Ithink lots of people were taken in before......

Orangerose Sat 11-Jul-20 13:09:06

I think flying handbag is having a laugh and you’re all taken in. Winding people up during lockdown. ?

FarNorth Sat 11-Jul-20 13:10:47

Commenting on a poster's intentions tends to get posts deleted, in case you didn't know.