Gransnet forums

Chat

I slipped up

(64 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Fri 10-Jul-20 23:03:57

Hi all,
I had a visit from a relative today, we danced to music and played monopoly, and I gave her a big hug.Boris won't be pleasedgrin. X

Aldom Sat 11-Jul-20 15:03:24

Marydol Thank you, I was trying to be protective. I feel, having read many of your posts, that you understand what I meant. I had my own grandson in mind when I wrote the post. Kind regards.

FlyingHandbag Sat 11-Jul-20 14:57:55

Aldom

Thank you Flyinghandbag
Keep safe and well.

You too. X

avitorl Sat 11-Jul-20 14:51:13

I think Boris is so clueless he wouldn't have any idea if OP was right or wrong!

Greenfinch Sat 11-Jul-20 14:34:03

Agreed but I can see how it could have been misinterpreted.

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 14:32:08

Aldom, I read it andthink you were trying to be kind*.

Chewbacca Sat 11-Jul-20 14:15:07

FlyingHandbag

Also, I started this thread as I felt a bit guilty and wanted to know what people thought. X

Think you probably have a rough idea now Flying!

Aldom Sat 11-Jul-20 14:10:35

Thank you Flyinghandbag
Keep safe and well.

FlyingHandbag Sat 11-Jul-20 14:07:51

Also, I started this thread as I felt a bit guilty and wanted to know what people thought. X

FlyingHandbag Sat 11-Jul-20 14:06:20

Aldom

Hello everyone. Just to say that my deleted post was completely misunderstood by GNHQ and I have emailed them to explain myself. However I won't try to explain myself on here as I would have to repeat my post, then get into hot water again. I would never post an unkind comment.

Aldom, I know you wouldn't. I've spoken to you before on here and you are a lovely person. X

Aldom Sat 11-Jul-20 13:56:12

Hello everyone. Just to say that my deleted post was completely misunderstood by GNHQ and I have emailed them to explain myself. However I won't try to explain myself on here as I would have to repeat my post, then get into hot water again. I would never post an unkind comment.

Jenna2 Sat 11-Jul-20 13:14:01

Happens to the best of us smile

Orangerose Sat 11-Jul-20 13:13:20

Is that for me FarNorth? If so I couldn’t careless. ?

FarNorth Sat 11-Jul-20 13:12:20

(I didn't mean Aldom's post, which I didn't see before it was deleted.)

FarNorth Sat 11-Jul-20 13:10:47

Commenting on a poster's intentions tends to get posts deleted, in case you didn't know.

Orangerose Sat 11-Jul-20 13:09:06

I think flying handbag is having a laugh and you’re all taken in. Winding people up during lockdown. ?

Megs36 Sat 11-Jul-20 13:01:04

Flying Handbag really did what she intended, so many comments, is she/he for real I wonder, Ithink lots of people were taken in before......

Aldom Sat 11-Jul-20 11:41:29

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Hetty58 Sat 11-Jul-20 11:23:44

FlyingHandbag, nobody can say with absolute certainty that they are free from the virus.

You may well be very low risk - yet still, the risk is there.

How would you live with yourself if you passed it on to somebody and they died?

It's certainly not a joke!

FarNorth Sat 11-Jul-20 10:48:59

Several, on GN, have posted to the effect that 'we all have to decide our own level of risk'.
Those people are rather foolish, imo.

Possibly, FlyingHandbag, you got the idea that your post would receive indulgent smiles.

I hope you are now having a little re-think.

Callistemon Sat 11-Jul-20 10:46:42

Calendargirl

Be careful Flying Handbag, I seem to recall from previous posts of yours that you are quite accident prone, so dancing might risk a fall or dizzy spell again.

Keep away from unstable walls also while playing monopoly.

Oh my word, yes!

You said you fall down a lot Flyinghandbag
Too much Monopoly could cause nose bleeds too. It's the stress of the game which may cause your blood pressure to rise.

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 10:39:00

I have just realised that I got my Bluegrans mixed up.
My apologies, brain fog !blush

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 10:36:24

I agree with Marydoll here.

EllanVannin Sat 11-Jul-20 10:35:25

Something doesn't sit right, but that's me.

emmasnan Sat 11-Jul-20 10:34:09

A smiling emoji and a x at the end of your post, does not make your actions okay.
You appear to live with your parents, how would you feel if you passed the virus on to them?

Marydoll Sat 11-Jul-20 10:30:32

Maw, I don't think FH was trying to shock or look for approval. I suspect she just wanted a bit of attention. She certainly got that, unfortunately for her, not the kind she was seeking.
I'm trying not to be unkind, so have resisted posting what I really think.
She is more to be pitied than anything else.