Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(53 Posts)
12Michael Sun 12-Jul-20 06:14:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Another bright blue sky morning here in Brackley .
Did my usual buses to Buckingham and Bicester, had a coffee at Bicester plus track & trace details.
Did a shop returned to Buckingham had my lunch , browsed the Flea market , my usual map stall was not there as she came from Bedford suspect in a Lockdown .
Returned home ,and had my haircut at last ,and then a quiet evening in .
Take Care ,
Mick
PS the toe is improving

Puzzler61 Sun 12-Jul-20 09:00:15

Good morning All it’s great to hear it’s sunny virtually everywhere today ?
I’m glad your toe is feeling better Mick.
No skate here, but we had plaice for tea on Friday. I noticed it’s a very “fishy” tasting fish ( if that makes sense) and I do prefer cod or haddock with my chips.
DH has just suggested a riverside walk, so we’ll be ready soon as I like to avoid the crowds that will be out later.
Roast chicken for tea with apple pie - found apples in the freezer so using them up,
Have a happy Sunday everyone ?

Grandmafrench Sun 12-Jul-20 09:02:28

Good Morning everyone.

All wonderfully blue and warm here this morning. It was still just under 30 degs when I went outside at midnight to chivvy the cats into coming in for bed. They were reclining on the sun loungers and seemed quite surprised/indignant when I appeared. They’re fine outside in these temperatures .....until they decide that an early breakfast is required. That’s when bedrooms at garden level are not the best idea because those hooligans can easily project their voices through shutters and double glazing if they need to attract attention. Indoors, it stays dark and we don’t hear them!

Will give attention/feed this morning to all indoor plants and pop into village for some flowers. Going to the countryside this afternoon to sit in old friends’ garden under their apricot trees, eat gateaux and put the world to rights - first time since February. Not sure the world is listening!

Whatever fun and games you have planned, or not, today it looks as if you’ll do it with sunshine. Make the most of every little beam and smile. Keep safe, enjoy your day all.
Hugs x

Urmstongran Sun 12-Jul-20 09:03:53

gillybob Walter White & Jesse saw us all the way through our very strict 9 week lockdown. Gosh, those days seem like a different world now.

That said, ‘The Sopranos’ is still my favourite box set. Have you watched that?

Well done tackling your shed roof! As someone who doesn’t like heights, I’m very impressed.

Nortsat Sun 12-Jul-20 09:04:08

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a sunny east London.

We had a productive day pruning our borders yesterday. It was a bigger task than we had imagined.
I will do a couple more hours today.

Pork for supper tonight with left overs for tomorrow.
Have a good day, all and ?for those who need them.?

Greyduster Sun 12-Jul-20 09:06:27

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sounds like you’re getting back into your stride, Mick. I think you’re very brave to browse the flea market. We have one we used to enjoy a browse round, but it’ll be a while yet before we go there again. Yesterday was a pottering day - I made a cake. DH elated because he watched his team soundly beat Chelsea. Today we are going for a walk and then I will try and get my head round picking up the stitches for the button band on this wretched cardigan I am knitting, which I wish I had never started. Have a good safe day folks.

Justwidowed Sun 12-Jul-20 09:12:36

Good morning everyone from a sunny Lancashire. Quieter day today hopefully, yesterday was busy ,washing, baking,stewing fruit for freezing but finally a sitdown with neighbour playing cards and sampling some of the different gins.Perhaps that is the reason I was still awake at 3.30 !
Hope everyone has a good day in this pleasant sunshine

gillybob Sun 12-Jul-20 09:14:23

I came late to it but I really don’t want Breaking Bad to end Urms as we are both enjoying it so much . I find myself thing that they are the good guys ! I love Hank, Marie and Walt Jnr too . Brilliant characters.

Haven’t watched Sopranos but have it on my list for when BB is finished . smile

Whatever gets you through the night ........

Alishka Sun 12-Jul-20 09:35:37

May I join you on this bright Sunday morning?
I am SO excited! I finally got a Morrison's delivery slot - and Today's the Day! I've been without bread,milk, coffee and eggs for days, along with a few other essentials.
So, just after 11 I'll be eating a bacon sanch, with poached haddock and poached eggs and new potatoes tonight.YAYY!
To potting, or re-potting cacti. I have a pr of long-handled tweezers I keep for this. Make the hole with a screwdriver, pop the cactus in, form the soil round with the screwdriver. Job done!
Have a great day everyone.smile

Gelisajams Sun 12-Jul-20 09:47:12

Good morning from a sunny Morecambe Bay.Welcome Alishca. I’m late this morning as I’ve been preparing meals to eat in the camper Monday and Tuesday. A casserole and a cheese flan. Things we can warm up and eat without too much messing or washing up. The camping sheets and quilts are in the washing machine , good job I can get them out to dry, and DH is in the garage cleaning the walking boots. I’m going to try and get DH’s shirt finished, just the cuffs and buttons to do and maybe squeeze in a FaceTime with DS3.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

gillybob Sun 12-Jul-20 09:47:53

Good morning and welcome to you Alishka I love my cacti and have created a few “special tools” myself ? smile

harrigran Sun 12-Jul-20 09:54:54

Good morning from a bright NE.
Talked to the family in a video call last night, they had been to Barnard Castle for a day out and bought some beer called "eye test" grin
Eldest GD had been to a birthday BBQ at a schoolfriend's home.
It is good to hear that they are getting out and about although they always seemed upbeat when I talked to them.
Maybe eome time in the garden this afternoon with a newspaper and a bottle of non alcoholic fizz.
Well impressed with your felting skills gillybob.
DS has had cacti since he was a toddler and they now live in his conservatory, he obviously has greener fingers than me as he is in his late 40s.

Aldom Sun 12-Jul-20 10:02:16

Good morning Mick and everyone, especially Marydol and Maw. It's sunny here in the SE, feeling much more like summer. Yesterday I potted up the Asters I grew from seed. I think today will be a day for tidying the borders. Everything has grown so I need to make some space in the jungle. I'm another who has never cooked skate, so must see if the fish man on our outdoor market has it. Last week I walked with a few friends, socially distanced, to a village two miles from home. We had tea in the pub garden, by prior arrangement. So uplifting to have real face to face conversation. Keep safe and well everyone. Thinking of all who have illness or problems to live through. ???

Puzzler61 Sun 12-Jul-20 10:02:44

Welcome Alishka.
My dad admired the spiky beauty of cacti and had a windowsill of different ones. When they flower they are pretty amazing !

Grandmabatty Sun 12-Jul-20 10:05:18

Good morning All. It's lovely, warm and bright here in Polmont, in common with the rest of the country. I've had a long lie today which I almost never have and feel guilty when I do! Years of getting up for work or looking after children I suppose. A washing is done and will go out soon. Then garden pottering. I have more apricots for jamming so I'll do that later too. Everyone have a lovely Sunday x

Georgesgran Sun 12-Jul-20 10:13:04

Good morning from Durham . A bit overcast but dry. DD2 is coming over to see her Dad as he’s not well and undergoing weekly chemo. She wants to go to a local Garden Centre, but mostly outdoors. I’m not sure we should go in the same car, but I’ll be wearing my mask.
DH’s friend coming later for garden coffee - despite the virus, Consultant is keen he has contact with others.

Hope everyone has the best Sunday they can.

Gillybob on the shed reminds me of a neighbours bbq when I got stuck trying to climb over a six foot fence and had to be rescued by a complete stranger to whoops and cheers as I displayed ‘next week’s washing!’ He was a fireman, so it was expertly done!

Aldom Sun 12-Jul-20 10:14:50

I forgot to mention cacti. My late SiLhad a cactus, the sort that only flower every ten years. My husband and I were lucky to have visited Jean at the time the magnificent flowers were blooming. A friend, many years ago had a spike in her finger from a cactus. It festered, resulting in a withered, useless finger. So caution needed. Glad you managed yours Gillybob with the aid of bubble wrap.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 12-Jul-20 10:17:57

Good morning Mick and all

Blue sky with a few white candy floss clouds, no breeze and warm.

No plans for today, roast beef and all the trimmings for dinner this evening. I might sit outside with my kindle or browse the internet for things that I don't need and won't buy which seems to be my new hobby

Thinking of all Goodmorningers with worries and troubles ?

Keep safe and well folks ?

EllanVannin Sun 12-Jul-20 10:24:57

Good Morning All x.
Sunny here too and warming up as it was quite cool first thing, but so lovely and fresh.
Washing on the go before clouds gather later---supposedly.

Chicken today for me, so a mixture of roast and new pots and froz. sprouts complete with trimmings. Then a little Christmas pud. and white sauce grin

I'll phone D later to see how they all got on yesterday at the Lakes to see the other sibling. I'd forgotten that they spend Saturday there each week. Hoping it's not Durham next sad

The gulls are crying and circling overhead, probably the change in the weather, I don't know. They usually do that if there's a storm brewing but no storm in sight that I know of. Just letting us all know that they're there I suppose.

Not a lot else on the agenda really only that I'll need more milk before the day's out so a quick trip to the shop around the corner.

The bees are gathering momentum on the bottlebrush I notice. The noise is quite loud when you're near it--buzzing/humming. Lovely to see though. The ceanothus was the same when it was in flower, covered in bees.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day. Stay safe and well xx

Pleased that the toe seems to be healing Mick, it hasn't stopped you from getting out and about. Take care.

gillgran Sun 12-Jul-20 11:16:54

Good Morning to you all, from a bright, sunny, Cambs.,

Mick, busy day you had yesterday, pleased for you getting back to "normal".

Urmstongran, your calling from the balconies reminded me of "The Waltons", ("Night, Jim-Bob, Night, Jon-Boy"), (many years ago, you are all probably too young to remember.!!)

Take Care Folks

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 12-Jul-20 11:19:35

Good Morning, all from cloudy Harrogate. Saw a picture of Bicester yesterday online, it looks pretty.

Yesterday we were invited to DD1 for lunch in the garden with small GD. Just sitting enjoying coffee in the garden when DD2 phoned to see if I could have GS, so finished our coffee then drove to her house and picked up GS, we took him to the swings which were open, so he was worn out when DD2 came to pick him up! I was knackered!!!

Urmstongran Sun 12-Jul-20 11:21:45

That made me giggle gillgran about the Waltons. I remember the programme!

Welcome to you Alishka ?

Annaram1 Sun 12-Jul-20 11:43:57

Hello dear people

Sunny day here in Sidmouth. This morning I saw a young seagull in my garden. It still had its baby down around its head and feathers, and could not fly. It walked around squealing for its mummy, who just sat on the chimney watching it. Eventually it found its way out onto our communal drive and walked up and down still calling. Mummy rather useless, gave the occasional squawk but other than that did not fly down to feed or comfort it. I was afraid a cat might get it as there are a lot of cats around here. But eventually it disappeared and I don't know where it went. Do hope it is OK.
I am now off to have my coffee in the garden and look at my beautiful nearby buddleia which is in full bloom, in the hope I might see a butterfly. I have only seen bees and flies on it so far except for a lovely peacock butterfly which landed on it for a few minutes yesterday.
Everyone have a good painfree day.

yslater Sun 12-Jul-20 11:44:42

Hi, I have a cabin in my garden and I sorted that out so I know what you mean about all the trips to the skip but I actually find it quite invigorating throwing things in the skip. Just at car wash now having a mini valet then of to do some fruit picking with my daughter and grandson. Happy days!

CherryCezzy Sun 12-Jul-20 11:52:57

Hi everybody ?. A beautiful day in the Gower today with blue sky and a few strata stripes of cloud.

Glad your toe is improving Mick, hope your DH is alright Susan.

They're a good side Greyduster, I think the wheels came off for Frank yesterday ?. My team won 4 nil yesterday, all goals scored by the same fantastic player ? One more win ... we should be okay for next season.

All this talk about fish, we're pretty unadventurous. We're having a safe salmon pasta dish later today.

My WP loves his cacti and succulents. He uses a mini tongs to remove cacti to repot or plant on "babies" as he calls them ?

Welcome Alishka ? Don't forget to tell *Urmstongran" the value of your home (joke) ?

Have a good Sunday everyone and be kind to yourselves ❤️

Urmstongran Sun 12-Jul-20 12:18:28

??