Gransnet forums

Chat

Which is your fav daytime programme

(152 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Thu 16-Jul-20 11:54:13

I love this morning , especially when Ruth and Eamonn are on. Don’t mind loose women now and again

Oopsminty Thu 16-Jul-20 15:08:25

Jeremy Vine on Channel 5

So much better than This Morning

Can't stand Loose Women either

Oopsminty Thu 16-Jul-20 15:13:05

Oh I do like Eamon and Ruth.

Just can't be doing with Philip and Holly. They seem to me to be totally insincere with their frequent bouts of hysterics which aren't remotely amusing

Aldom Thu 16-Jul-20 15:42:41

BBC Breakfast, Tipping Point, Egg Heads. Occasionally Escape to the Country. On wet winter Saturdays, binge Four in a Bed.

merlotgran Thu 16-Jul-20 16:01:02

I only watch a bit of breakfast telly and the lunchtime news but I do like Father Brown when it's on - even the repeats.

DH likes the afternoon quizzes when it's too wet to be outside but I usually watch something on catch up or read a book.

Tenable drives me crazy with its long pauses.

Aldom Thu 16-Jul-20 16:03:32

Oh, and I prefer chanel 4 news at 7pm, but also watch the lunch time news on BBC 1

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Jul-20 16:03:49

I’d forgotten about Four in aBed. Great viewing for the background if you’re doing something like painting or sorting cupboards. As is/was Come Dine with Me. Is it still on I wonder? hmm

Grammaretto Thu 16-Jul-20 16:13:54

I can't watch TV in the mornings but I watch the news and if I really want something to doze to I enjoy Countdown and Pointless. They are always repeats. I listen to the radio more.

Nortsat Thu 16-Jul-20 16:15:08

I like Bargain Hunt and Eggheads.
A current favourite is ‘Home is Where the Art Is’.

In the evenings we sometimes watch reruns of ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’. I feel certain the Galaxy is safe with Capt Jon Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) at the helm of the Starship Enterprise. ?

maddyone Thu 16-Jul-20 16:22:40

I like Bargain Hunt and Four in a Bed. I don’t like quizz shows although my husband does. If he’s watching a quizz I read or look at Gransnet.

diygran Thu 16-Jul-20 16:46:23

Currently our fav is 'Sun, Sea and Selling Houses' followed by The Chase'. Our dream is to buy abroad but truly I don't tolerate too much heat. Dream on!
Can't be bothered with 'Loose Women' now. It seems irrelevant and incredibly annoying.

TwiceAsNice Thu 16-Jul-20 16:54:09

Escape to the country and occasionally Homes under the Hammer. I like home programmes

shysal Thu 16-Jul-20 16:59:42

I have This Morning on in the background sometimes and actually watch the occasional item. I can't stand Ruth and Eamon and their bickering.
I record Home is where the Art is, Four in a Bed and The Bidding Room to watch later in the day.

sodapop Thu 16-Jul-20 17:02:16

My husband loves Judge Judy as well BlueBelle he would watch all day.

I can't bear Schofield and Willoughby either they are so silly and insincere. Four in a Bed is a favourite of mine as well as we did some B&B for a while. Doctors is definitely top of my list with The Chase second.

Puzzler61 Thu 16-Jul-20 17:07:45

Michael Portillo’s train journeys (though I think we’ve seen most of them now), and Eggheads.
I don’t often watch either in real time as I’m usually getting our meal ready but catch up with them about an hour later.

FarNorth Thu 16-Jul-20 17:20:26

I rarely watch any TV, but if I do put it on I like property shows, The Chase, 4 in a bed, Pointless, and any Poirot or Miss Marple.

phoenix Thu 16-Jul-20 18:44:00

We have only 1 tv, in the sitting room, and don't go in there until after supper (evening meal) so don't watch daytime tv.

MerylStreep Thu 16-Jul-20 19:02:54

How things have changed.
When I joined GN in 2011 there was a thread about watching daytime ?Most of the posts were very sniffy about people who indulged in this common passtime.
I thought I'd turned back in time.
I don't watch daytime ? mainly because I'm always doing something.
And I don't watch any news ?

Lyndylou Thu 16-Jul-20 20:20:39

Countdown and Pointless, I work until 2 then walk the dog quickly and catch the last half hour of Countdown with my lunch. If we are around and not busy, then we will have Pointless on later.
I love Home is Where the Art is but I usually pick it up from BBC iplayer later in the evening.

Fennel Thu 16-Jul-20 20:53:32

Escape to the Country for me too. I watch most days.
I 'm interested in the couples themselves as well as where they want to live.
I also watch some wildlife series. and some of chanel 4's music documenrarieson Friday evenings.
Which reminds me - we're both over 75 and haven't had any news yet about paying for our license. Does anyone know what's going to happen?

LadyGracie Thu 16-Jul-20 22:19:25

I’ve watched Neighbours since the first episode, DH says it’s rubbish, it is far fetched and nothing like it used to be, but I never miss an episode.

bluebird243 Thu 16-Jul-20 22:29:52

I can't watch Phil and Holly or Loose Women and I haven't for years now.

I like Escape to the Country...and Homes under the Hammer [occasionally] and the new Home is Where the Art Is.

callgirl1 Thu 16-Jul-20 22:42:03

Thank you LadyGracie, I`ve been waiting for someone who watches Australian soaps. I too have followed Neighbours, also Home and Away, right from the beginning. Those 2, plus Eggheads, comprise my daytime viewing.

joannapiano Fri 17-Jul-20 08:19:55

I watch Neighbours while I eat my lunch. Apart from that we turn the TV on again to watch Pointless, yes it’s shout at the telly time!

annecordelia Fri 17-Jul-20 08:41:37

Brooklyn Nine nine.

Slpotts53 Fri 17-Jul-20 08:42:37

Me too. I am not usually a soap person but I really enjoy doctors too.