Gransnet forums

Chat

Which is your fav daytime programme

(152 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Thu 16-Jul-20 11:54:13

I love this morning , especially when Ruth and Eamonn are on. Don’t mind loose women now and again

Helennonotion Sat 18-Jul-20 20:26:29

schnackie We record Classic Corrie and watch the first episode of the day with a mid afternoon cuppa and the second one while having tea. Bad habit I know, but we do sit to the table at least! When the kids were here it was a big no no to have the TV on at mealtimes but now its just the 2 of us its OK. grin I can never remember the story lines from back then, so its all new to me! I haven't watched the up to date one for years.

honeyrose Sat 18-Jul-20 20:07:36

I know that you are really asking about tv programmes, but LOVE to listen to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2, 12 noon - 2pm every weekday. Really good show - he’s a brilliant interviewer, probing, but never rude, highly intelligent, well -read, articulate. Lots of music too and phone-ins, guests. Current serious issues covered - as well as some light-hearted ones now and again. Brill show! Also love a regular slot in the show called “what makes us human”.

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 18-Jul-20 12:35:04

I watch Father Brown on iplayer in the evenings. Daytime is chocker with our house build and gardening.

NannyG123 Sat 18-Jul-20 11:31:05

I like watching doctors although it's not on at the moment. Also 4 in a bed. And a place in the sun. Also the repair shop fixing Britain..

Clevedon Sat 18-Jul-20 11:02:11

Hubby and I love Doctors and Father Brown ?.

Grannytwo Sat 18-Jul-20 10:24:21

I don’t watch tv until the 6 o’clock news. I have Radio 4 on all day.

Witzend Sat 18-Jul-20 10:07:20

I used to love Heir Hunters when I‘d steeled myself for attacking a pile of ironing - what happened to that? Another ironing-watch was Homes UTH, but Heir H was the favourite.

HootyMcOwlface Sat 18-Jul-20 09:39:03

Lilypops I like that clock repair man and the carpenter chappy! So talented. (Can't think of their names at the minute though oops. Might be Jeff and Ben?)

HootyMcOwlface Sat 18-Jul-20 09:35:56

I love the theme music for Dangerfield.
He actually annoys me a bit, how could you run a busy practice when he skips off out every few minutes. If it were real his colleagues would be livid! ?

sodapop Sat 18-Jul-20 08:43:17

We often say that too Harris27 would be nice occasionally to see what could be found on a modest budget.

Sharman Sat 18-Jul-20 00:29:07

I like The Antiques Roadshow and The Repair Shop.

Lilypops Fri 17-Jul-20 23:18:47

The Chase, I like Countdown and fail miserably to ever get any word before the time is up, Homes under the Hammer,I love the Repair Shop, Does anyone else find Jay Blades quite easy on the eye !!!!

Harris27 Fri 17-Jul-20 23:01:14

Escape to the country and wonder where all the money comes from to buy them!

Sgilley Fri 17-Jul-20 22:53:25

At the moment I am enjoying Heights on BBC1 at 1.45pm after lunch. An Australian drama in place of Doctors at the moment.

hollysteers Fri 17-Jul-20 21:02:14

Late to the party. Never watch daytime tv unless it’s a royal wedding or funeral? There’s something depressing to me about tv on in the day. I like to look at the listings in the morning and tick what I might like. Then I really look forward to the evening tv.

sodapop Fri 17-Jul-20 20:58:32

London Kills was good glammagran there are often things in that slot which are really excellent.

glammagran Fri 17-Jul-20 20:50:41

The only daytime TV I’ve really ever watched other than the lunchtime news is London Kills, a police procedural I’m surprised wasn’t on in an evening slot and the Mallorca Files (ditto). Both were in the 2:15pm slot on BBC1. I did watch Good Morning while almost comatose with a newborn in the early 1990’s.

Poppsbaggie Fri 17-Jul-20 20:32:11

TV conked out recently Haven't fixed it and haven't missed it. Reading Rotter's Club trilogy. Why not set up a reading group and give daytime tv a miss Well worth it.

Patsy429 Fri 17-Jul-20 20:28:07

Bit late to write about daytime tv but I've become addicted to the Jeremy Vine show on Channel 5 at 9.15 am and love Storm from Glasgow. I watch the Chase but as they are now repeats I have lost interest - not that I can remember the answers that were previously given!

jerseygirl Fri 17-Jul-20 19:48:23

nothing!! I listen to radio 2 and the lovely Ken Bruce

Franbern Fri 17-Jul-20 18:00:45

Doctors - when it is on. Each summer I go into mourning for its loss for three months.

Pippet Fri 17-Jul-20 17:48:51

Well folks I’m on the road to nowhere I’m afraid. Never watched daytime telly before but now I cannot get enough of ‘tales of the unexpected’. ?‍♀️ What next eh.

Catterygirl Fri 17-Jul-20 17:29:52

I love doctors, a binge of neighbours which was recommended to me by my boss in the City (ex Admiral of the fleet) because his wife liked it. On his advice, I had our only son and started a business or two. Now retired and lonely when home alone, I have daytime TV on for company. No hang ups about being a bimbo as I was labelled the brainy one and my sister the pretty one. Watch all the homes in the sun with OH as we both miss our life and business in Spain. Can't stand Phil and Holly or Lorraine but have them wittering on in the background in case an interesting guest comes on....time to put the kettle on then.

Jennyluck Fri 17-Jul-20 17:15:24

I quite like this morning, but I dip in and out, while I’m doing housework. Can’t stand loose women, they are so full of themselves.

chrissyh Fri 17-Jul-20 17:13:18

The Chase and Escape to the Country.