Gransnet forums

Chat

I bought a notebook on a whim but it poses the question of what to use it for...

(66 Posts)
FlyingHandbag Fri 17-Jul-20 19:19:58

Hi all,
I bought the notebook in the picture as I liked the colour and a relative has one in a different colour and kept saying how good it was and now I don't know what to use it for and neither does she. Does anybody have any suggestions?X

lemongrove Fri 17-Jul-20 21:01:44

Even better.....write down every book you read, the title and author.Then tell us all about it.
Or......every new garment you buy?

FlyingHandbag Fri 17-Jul-20 21:02:14

lemongrove

Keep a list of all the times you trip up and your handbag goes flying?

grin

hollysteers Fri 17-Jul-20 21:14:29

“Journalling” as the Americans say.
4 reasons to keep a diary (which doesn’t have to be every day’): 1. You have a nice experience 2. You relive it it writing it out. 3. You relive it reading it again 4. You can leave a memory for your family.
(Keep it clean)?
“Keep a diary and it will keep you“ Mae West.
Or write your life story for grandchildren if you have them. I wish I had diaries from my ancestors.
I have kept diaries over the years and often poured my heart out to them like a friend. (No Gransnet then...) I found it very therapeutic. Reading them years later, I wonder what all the fuss was about...
(Some editions in the bin now!)

annsixty Fri 17-Jul-20 21:28:55

Once again I feel like I am in a parallel universe.
Help me please.

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 17-Jul-20 21:36:07

Annsixty can’t help you because I’m in it too.

Marydoll Fri 17-Jul-20 21:39:12

Just enjoy the moment, Ann and Oopsadaisy ?

Auntieflo Fri 17-Jul-20 22:05:36

I have a beautiful Whistlefish notebook, unused.

So I am waiting for a lightbulb moment with help from this thread.

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 17-Jul-20 22:45:22

Marydoll I always thought that a ‘moment’ was fleeting, this seems to be never ending?

gillybob Fri 17-Jul-20 22:46:12

Toe Doe lists ?

Callistemon Fri 17-Jul-20 22:57:15

annsixty

Once again I feel like I am in a parallel universe.
Help me please.

grin
I do like a nice notebook, annsixty
Sorry that wasn't much help.

Callistemon Fri 17-Jul-20 22:58:39

Auntieflo you could draw some pictures of beautiful lightbulbs in it.

FarNorth Fri 17-Jul-20 23:07:10

Start learning s language and use it for vocabulary etc?

grannyqueenie Fri 17-Jul-20 23:20:01

annsixty et all, we could we form a support group!

Marydoll Fri 17-Jul-20 23:59:52

Auntiflo you could draw the lightbulbs in your new notebook and inside, write your down ideas.

It won't help you, but it will fill the pages quite quickly and take your mind off your confusion over this thread. wink

Marydoll Sat 18-Jul-20 00:00:41

Or even write down your ideas.
Now I'm confused!!! ?

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 18-Jul-20 06:07:30

It’s the first time I’ve heard of a relative recommending a good notebook, makes me wonder what a bad notebook is like.

Calendargirl Sat 18-Jul-20 06:39:22

Definitely an accident book.

Lisagran Sat 18-Jul-20 07:23:16

Homework diary
Sketches of onesies you might buy
Make a note of sale dates in Shoezone

MamaCaz Sat 18-Jul-20 07:34:12

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and was expecting it to be about small computers?
My first thought was, why on earth would anyone (in this case, it seemed, two people) buy one of those just on a whim! grin

Puzzler61 Sat 18-Jul-20 07:36:51

I like pretty notebooks FlyingH. One has favourite recipes in (don’t know if you cook?) and I’ve told DD1 she can have it when I pop off.
The others are well, just notes, as I can be forgetful, so write everything down. (You might use computerised memo‘s ?)
Paperchase do pretty cover notebooks.

FarNorth Sat 18-Jul-20 08:10:45

Small computer MamaCaz?
Absolutely not.

FarNorth Sat 18-Jul-20 08:15:53

I've seen it recommended to write 'Morning Pages' to help improve one's creativity.

You just write 2 or 3 pages every morning, of whatever comes in to your head. It doesn't have to make any sense.

Apparently some people can't resist buying notebooks, btw, and have a hoard of them.

I like notebooks but usually only buy one if I have a purpose for it.

Auntieflo Sat 18-Jul-20 08:19:58

Callistemon and Marydoll grin

My light bulb moments are few and far between these days, I think they've disappeared with Marydolls chartreuse cardigan.
If it wasn't Marydoll, then apologies.

See what I mean!

Marydoll Sat 18-Jul-20 08:25:32

Oh it is my favourite, linen jumper, * Auntieflo*, which disappeared before lockdown and I'm NOT happy about it!!!
After all, I only have drawers and drawers of alternative sweaters, but I'm now fixated on this one!!! ?

timetogo2016 Sat 18-Jul-20 08:28:37

I love note books.
I have one in the lounge/bedroom/kitchen and handbag.
I rarely forget things now so they are very usefull.