Gransnet forums

Chat

Not allowed look after grandchildren

(29 Posts)
Lolo81 Tue 21-Jul-20 15:04:56

Juana, you don’t mention in your post what age you are or if you have any underlying health concerns - both of which would be huge determining factors in contact at the moment.
Additionally, the children may actually prefer being with the childminder if they have friends there which is hugely beneficial to their social development.
Given that your son deems it too risky to see you just now, it implies he is concerned about your health.

SueDonim Tue 21-Jul-20 14:06:23

Maybe your son is worried about you, rather than his children?

Ilovecheese Tue 21-Jul-20 13:49:52

Perhaps it is that if you caught the virus from your grandchildren, they would have to carry that burden for the rest of their lives.
Your son seems to be protecting you all.

Juana Tue 21-Jul-20 13:26:43

I have looked after my 2GC Since they were babies, 8 years ago, just 2 days a week and overnight which was our special time, I have a wonderful bond with them. Now I am increasingly frustrated that I’ve only seen them 3 times ,for a short while in the garden , since February . They went back to school beginning of July and are now with the childminder . I cannot understand why I’m not allowed to have them or go to theirs,. I was helping with school work on FaceTime but that has stopped and we hardly FT at all now. I feel the bond is not as it was and I sorely miss the noise, chatter, laughter even the mess that we used to have. My DS says it’s too risky even though I hardly go anywhere. I don’t argue the case, it’s his children , and I’ve never interfered which he knows . What is the difference being at a childminders or at my house ?