Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(51 Posts)
12Michael Thu 23-Jul-20 06:17:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its clear and dry start here in Brackley but its also cloudy .
Todays trip will be to Bicester only with a coffee and lunch stop , plus a small shop .
Did a bit more research into my weekend break , its looking good as I will fit in visits to Ripon and Knaresborough as well using the busses as well.
The hotel could be quiet as well .
Take Care ,
Mick

Nannytopsy Thu 23-Jul-20 06:22:38

Good morning Mick. I misread the clock and was wondering where you were! You are very well planned for your trip.
We have an appointment for a charity shop drop off this afternoon, then a click and collect. How strange that we think of this as a busy day nowadays.
Best wishes to everyone.

Pantglas2 Thu 23-Jul-20 06:24:08

Morning Mick from a dry and bright Espana ??? where I’m enjoying the chamberpot ☕️

Nothing much planned today- some washing, a fish pie to prep for dinner, a John Grisham book to finish, might run a duster.....or maybe not!

Have a good day all x

Beechnut Thu 23-Jul-20 06:27:33

Good Morning everyone. It’s cloudy and cool on Severnside this morning.

I’m off to do my weekly shop a day early so I don’t have to wear a face mask yet. I have an early slot to pick up my library book reservation and this afternoon I’m going to see my friend unless she comes to mine before I get to hers.

Have the best day you cal all ?

grandMattie Thu 23-Jul-20 06:38:32

Good morning from sunny E Kent. Think it’s going to be hot today. Bleugh,
Oh, Beech, I did mine yesterday for that very reason. It makes laugh when people with masks glare self righteously at you, theN lean across you to get their choice of yoghurt!
Had a very busy day with pickling gorgeous beetroot from farm shop, chopping and freezing cubes of parsley From same shop, ditto with coriander. Made some chermola for use with chicken.
We went to a pub for lunch. First outing since lockdown. DH over ate - his scampi and half my baguette. I expect he will whinge about indigestion overnight.
Getting my hair cut this afternoon. It is now shoulder length but DH has decided he hates it. As he is the one who sees me, I shall have it very short again. What a contrast!
Heard to my sorrow that the W.I. residential college Denman , is closing. I completely understand why but am very sad about it. I had been due to go in April but naturally it was cancelled.
I Trust all those with difficulties have a quiet peaceful day. Have a serene day y’all. Stay safe.

Scentia Thu 23-Jul-20 06:50:57

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire, it looks dry and feels warm out there today.
No sleep last night I was having awful dreams about my DS and it kept me awake all night, I have text him at 5 to make sure he is in fact alive. I await a redponse❤️
Kitty I would not liked to have been in your house last night whilst your DS watched the football?
Working at the factory today and hopefully I can get in the office as I have been on my feet for three days solid.
Took DD to pick up a push bike we had won on eBay and she was going through the blokes garage like it was a car boot. Came away with a mini armchair as well?. Realised it stank when we were shit in the car with it, I didn’t hang around to see what her DH made her do with it. I have posted a picture of it as it is cute but it is just rubbish!!! We were crying with laughter on the way home going through scenarios of what her DH would say???
All in all I am happy( will be happier when I know my fin is alive!) even with no sleep.
Where’s the coffee!!
Take care everyone and stay safe. Just 1 more day before the mask has to come out, I will have steamed up glasses and cannot be responsible for what I put in my shopping basket!!

Scentia Thu 23-Jul-20 06:52:20

Just to confirm I did not S*%t in the car we sat in it?

gillybob Thu 23-Jul-20 07:04:08

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another damp and cloudy day. No change there then.

I haven’t slept very well due to my mind racing and my legs driving me mad, but I’m up and getting ready for another thrilling day at “that place” .

A long conference call yesterday suggests It’s not looking good for the contract we have been hoping to get which could’ve saved the business and protected my lads’ jobs. We haven’t had a definite “no” but I can tell they don’t seem as keen as they were.

I did my dads big shop straight from work yesterday and I’m dreading shopping with a mask too Scentia I find them very claustrophobic.

Thinking as usual about all our lovely missing friends and hoping for some much needed sunshine in their lives.

Have as good a Thursday as possible everyone .
Love Gillybob xx

Pantglas2 Thu 23-Jul-20 07:07:16

Thank you Scentia for the first laugh of the day....?

MellowYellow Thu 23-Jul-20 07:15:08

Morning everyone from a cloudy south Cornwall. Gas boiler being serviced this morning. I have a lovely landlord who keeps on top of these things for me. Strange day yesterday - a close friend asked me to go to Paris next autumn with her and her sister, for her 70th birthday, because I speak French and they don't. Then my daughter rang and said, 'Let's go to New York when we're allowed to mum.' Can't wait. We can dream!! Today I'll be travelling as far as my allotment, one mile precisely. Take care everyone, and Scentia your typo was great! I had such a giggle.grin

Gingster Thu 23-Jul-20 07:30:45

Good morning from a cloudy Essex.

It was my 70th birthday yesterday , so I’ve joined the vulnerable set. I had a wonderful day and enjoyed every minute with phone calls, visits from family and friends. My two brothers came for lunch, which my darling DIL had cooked and delivered for us. I felt surrounded by love ?.

Oh gillybob I’m so frustrated for you. Is there a glimmer of hope !

Scentia the little chair looks so sweet. I can imagine the smell though.

MellowYellow it’s nice to look forward and dream about trips abroad. It will happen one day. ?. I think it will be quite some time before I feel like getting on a plane though!

Have a good day all. ?

kittylester Thu 23-Jul-20 07:39:37

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire. An exciting day today, our cleaner is coming, Sainsbury's will be delivering at lunchtime and I have awful sinusitis.

DH and DS were not happy last night, scentia, and I have had the verbal replay ball by ball this morning. They still didnt win!! grin

gilly, sending (((hugs))) to you.

Pittcity Thu 23-Jul-20 07:40:53

Good morning from an overcast Colchester.
Think I'll do a mask free shop today too.
Our last few clear out boxes are being collected for a charity boot sale, so we'll have a clear spare room!

Sar53 Thu 23-Jul-20 07:42:24

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
We had a lovely day yesterday with my daughter and granddaughters. A few hours on the beach with our picnic, then a long walk with the girls on their scooters . Fish and chips for tea before they left at about 7.30. The 2 1/2 year old is a like a whirlwind but oh so cute.
We watched DH's team play last night and then lift the PL cup. Well done them !!
Today we are looking after DH's 6 year old grandson. I'll go off and do the food shop whilst DH takes him to the beach for a couple of hours. It's all go at the moment.
Have a lovely day everyone and stay safe xx

Marydoll Thu 23-Jul-20 07:44:19

Good morning Mick and all from another wet and cloudy day in Glasgow. Will we ever have a summer?

Today is a big day for me. My hairdresser is coming to cut my hair in the utility room, as I can't go to the salon. I was due a cut on the first day of lockdown and have missed four appointments. I have to get it cut every four or five weeks, as it grows at a phenomenal rate! ? I will no longer look a wild woman! ?

Sorry to hear about the contract Gilly, you deserve some good news for a change.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day and keeping those who are struggling in my thoughts. ?

Mythbirtthedragon Thu 23-Jul-20 07:44:51

Good morning from east London, cloudier than early on and mild. Food bank this morning but no choir tonight as the summer zoom version was last night (which will confuse me for a while). DP is expecting building materials to be delivered later for the base of the garden bench so I’ve been threatened with shovelling sand later on. Must get moving, hope you have a good day.

Parky Thu 23-Jul-20 07:45:28

Good morning you early risers. Wet and grey out so still in bed drinking tea. Must get out for a walk today, in spite of the weather. DD and grandson popping in after school, so housework needs to be done.

brook2704 Thu 23-Jul-20 07:54:36

Good morning everyone from a cloudy grey Inverness, here’s hoping it will brighten up later!
Oooops scentia that made me laugh!
I got my hair done yesterday, the greys all nicely covered up and all the straggly ends chopped off - It feels lovely! I’m sure you’ll feel so glamorous marydoll later today! I had to wear my mask the whole time in the salon but that’s the just way it is..
Today I’m looking forward to meeting my pal for a coffee and a catch up in the local garden centre. There’s not that many local cafes open to sit in, most are still only doing takeaway so the garden centre it is. I’ll probably end up buying some more plants for the garden too ....
Hope the day is kind to everyone and take care when out and about?

Spangler Thu 23-Jul-20 07:58:24

Good morning, I'm supposed to exercise my new hip by taking a cycle ride every day. No problem when the weather is glorious but today it's not so and I just can't get the motivation, but I have a plan B. An exercise cycling machine, only problem is, Ruby has got there first, she likes a workout.
Take care and stay safe.

Greyduster Thu 23-Jul-20 08:01:31

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I’m starting to envy you your trip Mick - it sounds as if it will be nice! We have managed to book a slot at a National Trust gardens today so are going with DD et al. GS is hoping to see some deer. I’. Just hoping to stay dry! Ah! Football, Kitty! We didn’t cover ourselves in glory on Monday either! ‘Twas gloom and doom!
Have a good safe day folks!

cornergran Thu 23-Jul-20 08:07:57

Morning Mick, morning All. Cloudy start to our corner of Somerset. Ironing and a telephone hunt for our development area manager. Our neighbours seem to think I can sort everything, I can’t but I know someone who can smile. Your holiday is coming together mick, good for you for being positive. Ouch kitty, sinusitis hurts. A hug for gilly and anyone else finding life hard going. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Puzzler61 Thu 23-Jul-20 08:12:14

Good morning Mick and all.
It was a lovely day yesterday, plans changed and I went to my sister’s instead of the other way about. We sat in her garden lodge out of the wind, which was getting up strong by afternoon, and had a good catch-up on family stuff.

Sainsbury’s delivery this morning so I’d better stop lolling a-bed and get ready for the day. I’ve opened the e mail that says “we have everything you ordered today”. Hooray!

Spangler you have a Ruby cat too. She’s a beauty. And mine too, although my Ruby is a small tabby girl.

Thinking of all who are weighed down by pain or worries, especially the wearing of masks. What a strange world? When I see people in visors I think I’m on the set of a sci-fi film!

Take care ?

Kalu Thu 23-Jul-20 08:22:25

Good morning all from Perthshire where it is dry....a bit brighter....and better than yesterday.

Already had my al fresco espresso but may indulge in another to kick start me into action and attack the weeds.

Best wishes to all for a pleasant day.

Spangler Thu 23-Jul-20 08:27:21

Puzzler, Ruby is a Ruby Wedding Anniversary present. Thinking about it, we should have got Goldie two years ago, but we already have Lulu & Khandi.

Grandmabatty Thu 23-Jul-20 08:46:18

Good morning All. It's wet, gloomy and grey here. July in my part of the country has been a washout. I'm feeling very lacking in oomph today. I need bread and milk so I will have to stir my stumps and go to the shop soon or there will be no morning coffee. I have absolutely no plans today which I'm happy about. A quiet day ahead. Take care all.