Gransnet forums

Chat

“Ask Prince Andrew about it” Trump

(51 Posts)
Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 08:58:45

A recently unearthed 2015 interview with Donald Trump has surfaced.
In it he is questioned about Epstein’s island, Little St James (locally called paedophile island) and the alleged sexual abuse that went on there.
His response was “That island was really a cesspool, there’s no question about it, just ask Prince Andrew, he’ll tell you about it.”
Source today’s Telegraph.

Since watching the Netflix programme Epstein - filthy money I have been haunted by the magnitude of the abuse which so many very young children were subjected to and the fact that none of the men involved have been held accountable, mostly from the highest echelons of society.

What are your feelings on the subject?

Lucca Fri 24-Jul-20 07:36:19

“ these women are seeking compensation elsewhere, and like another American citizen believe the Royal Family to be a cash cow.”
Thought it had been a while..... dear oh dear

Whitewavemark2 Fri 24-Jul-20 07:05:12

Whitewavemark2

Don’t forget that there are two charges (at least)

The first is sex with a minor - age related.

The second is trafficking - not age related.

So Windsor may not be guilty of the first, but complicit in the second.

That is in the U.K.

In the USA he could be charged with both

Whitewavemark2 Fri 24-Jul-20 06:19:20

Don’t forget that there are two charges (at least)

The first is sex with a minor - age related.

The second is trafficking - not age related.

So Windsor may not be guilty of the first, but complicit in the second.

eazybee Fri 24-Jul-20 06:07:39

Quibbling about whether the age of consent is different in different countries or states is neither here nor there.

But it is; this woman has to prove she was under the age of consent therefore she can claim she was abused.

Before Epstein died he arranged his financial affairs so that no claims could be made against his estate, so these women are seeking compensation elsewhere, and like another American citizen believe the Royal Family to be a cash cow.

paddyanne Fri 24-Jul-20 01:10:03

it is in the USA and thats where she says it first happened

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 22:35:13

Is sex with a 17 year old girl against the law ?

Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 22:28:15

@Anniebach. But it was against the law. That was the point I was making. She was a minor where it first ocurred. Sex with a minor is rape.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 22:07:34

Esspee I did Say ‘ in this country ‘ ,

Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 21:50:33

@Anniebach. When in a country you are judged by the laws of that country. Sex with a minor is rape.

Ilovecheese Thu 23-Jul-20 20:05:41

A person who had any decency would want to help in any way they could, if giving a witness statement would help, then that is what a decent person would do.

Quibbling about whether the age of consent is different in different countries or states is neither here nor there.

A decent person would do all they could to help establish the truth.

Nannee49 Thu 23-Jul-20 19:31:30

This heinous behaviour of vile powerful people using children to fulfil their perverted needs has been going on from time imemorial - the romans even had the term 'catamite' to describe young boys specifically used for sexual gratification. No stone should go unturned to bring these disgusting people to justice...they soil the very word human.
It's 2020, we should be way more evolved than to tolerate this totally aberrant, abhorrent, primitive misuse of power against children by massively arrogant, twisted individuals who think they are above the law and are proud of employing high powered legal teams to paper over the cracks.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-Jul-20 19:19:42

I don’t think that the FBI want to interview Windsor over what happened in the U.K. Their interest lays in the USA

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 18:07:20

The girl who made the allegations and had the photograph was not a minor in the laws of this country, if true it disgusts
me but it was not against the law.

Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 17:52:43

@Smileless2012. You suggestion that PA could not be held to be accountable if he did not know the girl had been trafficked ignores the fact she was a minor.
Having sex with a minor is a crime and not knowing what age she was is not admissible as an excuse.

Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 17:04:11

@Anniebach PA is certainly not the only one who has been publicly outed as being a visitor to Paedophile Island. The list is headed by the likes of Bill Clinton. Alex Acosta resigned when he was outed but everyone else apparently went there for the sunshine.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 16:55:36

Thank you Smileless all I am doing is trying to make sense
of it. So much importance lay on an interview with Andrew, yet thousands of photographs taken on the island, I doubt the
Photographs are of the scenery.

Andrew has been the only one named by the girl with the photograph, is this to save naming any Americans or politicians from other countries , she was sexually abused for
years, claims to have been force to have sex with him three
times, what of the others over those years.

The girl who claims she was raped 40 times then thrown naked on the lawn of her home, no one reported this to the
police.

In no way am I defending Andrew but question why so much
is placed on an interview with one man when so many girls
were abused. Thousand of photographs ? No one arrested , no one named except a British man .

Lucca Thu 23-Jul-20 16:40:25

Smileless2012

TBF Lucca I don't see anything in Annie's post that suggests she thinks PA "to be a good chap". She's made a good point IMO, PA's is the only one whose been publicly accused.

I think, PA would have to have known that a young lady he had sex with had been trafficked for that purpose to be guilty of a crime.

He's always come across to me as arrogant and certain that his royal title makes him a person everyone wants to know so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that if he did have a sexual encounter that he believed the young lady simply couldn't resist him.

Fair enough!

EllanVannin Thu 23-Jul-20 16:30:58

Nothing but a bunch of shysters !

Oldwoman70 Thu 23-Jul-20 16:27:12

The point I am trying to make is that, if he considers himself to be innocent of any crime, why is he not agreeing to a face to face interview with the FBI.

He must have seen or been aware of something being not right when visiting either the island or any other property owned by Epstein. We all know he isn't the sharpest knife in the box but even if he was unaware he would be able to give information about what he had seen

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 23-Jul-20 16:17:48

I would think that an awful lot of money has been spent over the years, to buy the silence of any witnesses.
The people involved are obviously very wealthy and may be in powerful positions, I doubt that much exists in the way of film coverage, if it does it’s probably in some bank vault somewhere.
If the FBI had enough evidence to convict they would have done it.

Smileless2012 Thu 23-Jul-20 16:04:33

TBF Lucca I don't see anything in Annie's post that suggests she thinks PA "to be a good chap". She's made a good point IMO, PA's is the only one whose been publicly accused.

I think, PA would have to have known that a young lady he had sex with had been trafficked for that purpose to be guilty of a crime.

He's always come across to me as arrogant and certain that his royal title makes him a person everyone wants to know so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that if he did have a sexual encounter that he believed the young lady simply couldn't resist him.

Lucca Thu 23-Jul-20 15:55:57

Anniebach

surely thousands of photographs will show who visited the island ,yet no one except for Andrew have been publicly accused

I get the distinct impression you believe PA to be a good chap....

GillT57 Thu 23-Jul-20 15:52:14

I think many people have been 'outed' for visiting the island Annie but whether they were involved in the alleged sordid activities is another subject. PA is not the only one publicly accused, it is just that he is of interest to us here in UK I suppose.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 15:45:42

surely thousands of photographs will show who visited the island ,yet no one except for Andrew have been publicly accused

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-Jul-20 14:51:31

Oldwoman70

I don't think PA is denying he went to the island - neither is he being accused by the FBI of abusing young girls - he is being asked to have a face to face interview as a WITNESS -something he refuses to do. I understand the FBI have offered to come to UK to interview him but he has still refused insisting on just submitting a written statement.

The point is that giving evidence about Epstein and Maxwell will almost certainly incriminate those visiting the island. How many went with their wives and children?