Gransnet forums

Chat

“Ask Prince Andrew about it” Trump

(50 Posts)
Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 08:58:45

A recently unearthed 2015 interview with Donald Trump has surfaced.
In it he is questioned about Epstein’s island, Little St James (locally called paedophile island) and the alleged sexual abuse that went on there.
His response was “That island was really a cesspool, there’s no question about it, just ask Prince Andrew, he’ll tell you about it.”
Source today’s Telegraph.

Since watching the Netflix programme Epstein - filthy money I have been haunted by the magnitude of the abuse which so many very young children were subjected to and the fact that none of the men involved have been held accountable, mostly from the highest echelons of society.

What are your feelings on the subject?

MawB Thu 23-Jul-20 09:14:44

I read that and wondered...
Trump is a nasty character too. I would love somebody to find he’s been mixed up with it all.

rubysong Thu 23-Jul-20 09:24:06

That certainly goes against the statement made by DT the other day that he knew nothing about Prince Andrew and Epstein.

Sparkling Thu 23-Jul-20 09:31:11

The whole thing is sickening. Prince Andrew should go to court, he's enough money for the best lawyer. How can these rich, privileged people turn out into monsters that use young vulnerable people for their pleasure, not caring of the consequences. I would not shield anyone guilty of that, and if you do perhaps it's understandable how they turned out.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 09:54:42

Trump never lies ?

EllanVannin Thu 23-Jul-20 10:04:32

It goes without saying that those who are rich and famous also think that they're untouchable when it comes to crime as they invariably buy themselves out of their stinking corrupt lives forcing others to accept their dirty money by shutting them up who then in turn become corrupt themselves because of their love of easy money and so it goes on ad-infinitum.

It's one big greedy world creating crime. Even those who seek these characters out become drawn in by the surrounding wealth that encompasses these so-called untouchables.

Have any of them ever done a decent days work ? Of course they haven't and the majority of them should be questioned, least of all the son of a reigning monarch. It's disgusting ! He's one obnoxious individual, one of many born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-Jul-20 10:36:20

We don’t need Trump to tell us what we know to be true. The FBI will have all the dirty details and Trump does come up clean out if this. We know about his preference for young girls.

Andrew was a regular visitor to the island. He didn’t go there for the sun.

Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 10:47:31

@rubysong. Bill Clinton has also said he was never there but Epstein’s private jet manifest has him down as a passenger to the island on multiple occasions and an IT person who worked for Epstein on the island stated he had seen Clinton there.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-Jul-20 10:48:09

Trump don’t not come up clean. Obvs.

Septimia Thu 23-Jul-20 11:32:32

It makes me wonder how Trump knows so much about the island and what went on there.....

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 11:40:18

How do we know who were regular visitors to the island ?

I am not defending anyone who has been named but did those
who named visitors do so in a court of law on oath or tell the
media

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-Jul-20 11:45:17

Flight logs.

Videos and film. Thousands of photos. Epstein had the island totally covered in video cameras.

The FBI have it all.

Curlywhirly Thu 23-Jul-20 11:48:38

I think they got the names of the visitors to the island from the pilots/flight records.

Curlywhirly Thu 23-Jul-20 11:49:01

Sorry, crossed posts!

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 11:55:58

So the FBI have much evidence , why only one person been
arrested

starbird Thu 23-Jul-20 12:02:54

I am not defending Andrew if he is guilty, but going to the Island on its own does not imply guilt. He was always needing money and Epstein had plenty, he may have just gone there once to see Epstein. If he was aware of underage girls being used and kept it to himself he is guilty on that score, which is indefensible, especially as a father of two girls, and Trump is equally guilty for knowing also. But so far we have seen no proof that he was actively involved and should await the result of any investigation/court proceedings.
PS. He was in the Navy when he left school - perhaps the only time he did have a ‘proper job.’

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 12:07:27

With thousands of photographs what more evidence is needed

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-Jul-20 12:10:46

Anniebach

So the FBI have much evidence , why only one person been
arrested

I think it has be first established that illegal sex trafficking and under age sex was going on. After that, they can go for all those who took part. However, the first lot of arrest and trial was absolutely interfered with by the USA government. Then Epstein was arrested and “committed suicide”, so we will have to watch what happens this time.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 23-Jul-20 12:14:15

starbird

I am not defending Andrew if he is guilty, but going to the Island on its own does not imply guilt. He was always needing money and Epstein had plenty, he may have just gone there once to see Epstein. If he was aware of underage girls being used and kept it to himself he is guilty on that score, which is indefensible, especially as a father of two girls, and Trump is equally guilty for knowing also. But so far we have seen no proof that he was actively involved and should await the result of any investigation/court proceedings.
PS. He was in the Navy when he left school - perhaps the only time he did have a ‘proper job.’

Andrew was a regular visitor, but quite honestly he is small beer compared to other names.

There are witnesses of course who flew them to the island, and staff who waited on them and changed the beds etc. Yuk, yuk, yuk!

MawB Thu 23-Jul-20 12:14:58

starbird

Fair enough about just going there not equating to guilt but I am reminded of the saying If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas , or in Latin, qui cum canibus concumbunt cum pulicibus surgent

"He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" has been attributed to Benjamin Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanack.

Anniebach Thu 23-Jul-20 12:43:49

Will Ms Maxwell meet her maker before next summer, I hope not

Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 13:49:18

It is possible that all these men went to the island to get a suntan but there are many women (children when it happened) who are willing to testify who they were made to “entertain” by Maxwell and Epstein.

Oldwoman70 Thu 23-Jul-20 14:10:25

I don't think PA is denying he went to the island - neither is he being accused by the FBI of abusing young girls - he is being asked to have a face to face interview as a WITNESS -something he refuses to do. I understand the FBI have offered to come to UK to interview him but he has still refused insisting on just submitting a written statement.

Esspee Thu 23-Jul-20 14:25:15

He has been accused of having sexual relations with a minor in one of Epstein’s other homes. The woman who was a minor at the time said she was forced to have sex with him on three different occasions.
Perhaps we went to paedophile island for a sun tan.

Oldwoman70 Thu 23-Jul-20 14:42:22

I agree he has been accused by one of the victims - he hasn't been accused by the FBI, which is why they want to interview him as a witness, rather than a suspect.

My view is that if he has nothing to hide then he should be assisting the FBI as much as he can to enable these women to achieve justice. His continued refusal is damning in itself.