Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(47 Posts)
12Michael Sat 25-Jul-20 06:13:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start here in Brackley with showings of overnight rain , could be thundery as well looking at the sky.
This will not put me off going out on the bus routes to Buckingham and Bicester vice versa .
With my usual Chinese take away later again the need for a face mask .
Enjoy your day ,
Take Care ,
Mick

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 25-Jul-20 08:36:52

Morning all from a grey yet warm South Notts. Will do a small shop very shortly, then I'll relax with the giant crossword and some embroidery. Maybe I'll rouse myself and finish off painting the shed, maybe not.
The other week I read what I thought was a funny phrase about putting things off, "Procrastination is my middle, uh, I'll come back to that later," which rather sums me up.
Hope all is well with everyone, especially those with worries or illness.

NannyJan53 Sat 25-Jul-20 08:40:12

Good Morning from a dull albeit warm Black Country.

Gyms open today, but mine has given the option to freeze membership for another 3 months, which I have done as I do not feel ready to go there yet.

Cleaning caravan today ready for our trip on Monday. Just 4 days away near Bewdley.

We recorded the Mirian Margolyes programe, so will hopefully watch tonight.

Wishing you all a good day.

Anniebach Sat 25-Jul-20 08:50:02

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandmabatty Sat 25-Jul-20 08:51:47

Good Morning All. It's very wet here in Polmont. At least I won't have to water the garden today. pantglas I make pounds of jam but have never made chutney. I must try it. A busy day for me yesterday. I drove my son from Stirling to Bathgate and back as he was sorting out selling his car. Then DD and DGS came round in the afternoon and we walked to aldi and back. It doesn't sound much compared with some of you, but I've been isolating since before the official lock down so it was busy for me! A housework day for me and a visit to my elderly mum. Have a good Saturday all.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 25-Jul-20 08:51:56

Good morning Muck and all

Yes Sar53 it is very grey in our corner of S E Essex. We were meant to go to one of AC for lunch in the garden today but it’s cancelled due to the weather. So I shall put away the non-perishables from my Waitrose delivery yesterday that I leave in the garage instead of wiping everything with a bleach solution.

GrandpaGravy will cook tonight (steak) and find Donetsk watch on the TV.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

harrigran Sat 25-Jul-20 08:56:55

Good morning from an overcast NE where we had overnight rain again.
Nothing planned for today so maybe sort out my banking papers, I have an arranged call with my personal banker on Monday so need to be up to speed. Have decided I need to sort out online banking, at present DH does it all.
Enjoy the weekend.

Greyduster Sat 25-Jul-20 09:13:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a cloudy but, at the moment, dry South Yorkshire. I slept badly and feel washed out this morning. DH says we are going for a walk. I just want to stay in bed! Where does this bloody man get his energy from I’d like to know! Chilli con carne for dinner - if I ever get out of bed! Have a good day folks.

cornergran Sat 25-Jul-20 09:21:25

Morning Mick, morning All from a damp corner of Somerset. Off for a family BBQ later, storms forecast. Oh dear, I’m Sure the chef will cope admirably while we observe from a place of dryness. Just trying to remember what I have undoubtedly forgotten to pack to take with me. There will be something! Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Mapleleaf Sat 25-Jul-20 09:27:09

Good morning,

It's bright, breezy and cloudy at the moment and quite warm, but we are forecast some heavy showers later. The thing with showers is that they are very hit and miss, aren't they so perhaps we will get them or perhaps they'll pass us by.

No big plans for the day. There's some ironing to be tackled which I might do later, but on the other hand...?, otherwise not much on the agenda.

DH has taken his car to be serviced, so I've got a few hours by myself.

Looking at the sky now, I think we may well get one of those showers!

Keep safe and I hope that anyone with worries, sadness or illness has a better day today.

Susan56 Sat 25-Jul-20 09:33:55

Good morning from Shropshire.The suns out at the moment but rain forecast for most of the day.

We had a lovely afternoon at Powis Castle yesterday.There were lots of signs saying one way only but very few signs saying which way the one way was so much confusion but everybody really good with social distancing.

We have had an email saying our December holiday has been cancelled so we have rescheduled for next year.2021 is going to be busy as everything we had booked for this year is now rescheduled for next year.

Sending good wishes to all.Thinking of all who are struggling with ill health and other worries?

Nortsat Sat 25-Jul-20 09:44:50

Good morning Mick and the GM team from a reasonably bright east London.

Spangler I came back on to Mick’s thread yesterday to apologise to you. Urmston tipped me off, as you now know. Sorry that I assumed you were a woman. No offence was intended. As you’re fairly new, let me say welcome, I am pleased to know more men are getting involved with GN. (Actually I was far too busy admiring the very lovely Lulu and laughing at the thought of the early trip to the 24 hour garage to buy her preferred breakfast and I may not have been concentrating.)

Housework day for us today and then a few more chapters of Mary Trump’s book for me.
Wishing everyone a good day and good thoughts to Cherry, Dragonfly and Bluesapphire. ?to those who need them. ?

EllanVannin Sat 25-Jul-20 09:59:22

Good Morning All x
I'm saying nothing about the weather ! Except that it's depressing.
I've only been awake for an hour-08.30, after dreaming fit to beat the band but can only remember snippets of it grin I certainly slept the sleep of the just.

Pantglas, your post took me back to friends and I last holiday in Cyprus when every now and again we broke out in peels of laughter scaring other holiday-makers as we sat outside with our cocktails. Fabulous.

>>>>>>>>breakfast in between smile

I should get stuck into something today to wile away the hours as it looks like being a long day. Not sure if family are making the journey to Durham today or tomorrow. It's a long way to go visiting.

I can hear a cockatiel shouting loudly in someone's aviary, just repeating the same high-pitched note grin Glad it's no nearer.

A foot-soak for me shortly and a do-it-yourself pedicure---good job I've got a steady hand as well as a thin " middle " to bend or I'd never make it.

Have a good day everyone and avoid the showers if they're in your area, as by all accounts they're going to be heavy----unless it's just here sad

Thoughts to those not feeling too clever and of course our absent friends. Enjoy the day xx

GrannySomerset Sat 25-Jul-20 10:11:18

Supermarket beckons if I can summon up the energy, though have got to the stage where a trip is essential so had better buck up. DH undecided whether or not he wants to come - much better not I think.

Garden looking so much better for a thorough haircut yesterday so might attack some of the weeds if the rain holds off.

kittylester Sat 25-Jul-20 10:26:31

A very late good morning from a warm ish but overcast North Leicestershire.

Our village is having a scarecrow festival today. confused The village was originally a small farming village but is now a very big village which, until about 20 years ago, had hosiery factories. We had to cancel the Open Gardens so this is a more socially distanced community event. Hope the rain stays off.

maydonoz Sat 25-Jul-20 11:02:34

Good morning all, I'm fairly new to GN and first time posting on this thread.
It's a cloudy, fresh morning here in Welwyn, Herts and looks like we will have rain later.
I'm having a busy morning in the kitchen preparing lunch for DS2 and fiancee as they return from the airport.
Mick, I hope you don't me asking about your love of Chinese food, I noticed from your postings that you seem to eat it most days?? I am a bit partial to a veg chow mein but once a month is quite enough. You obviously enjoy it alot and maybe you vary the dishes you choose.
Have a good day all and don't forget your masks if you're out shopping.

Georgesgran Sat 25-Jul-20 11:57:42

Good morning from Durham where we have grey skies, but it’s surprisingly bright. No plans for today really - fed up with housework and the garden needs a flame thrower now! Still haven’t made the Waitrose cod recipe, the bulb of fennel is looking very forlorn, so tonight’s the night.

I’ve offered to have DD2’s dogs tomorrow (am I mad?) to let her and SiL have a day out. Both boys are shihtzus, the older is 10, but their new boy is 16 weeks and not as house trained as they’d like yet!

Hope everyone has a good day. X

Feelingmyage55 Sat 25-Jul-20 12:00:34

Good morning only just from a damp and drizzly north is Scotland. Going to read my book and put my feet up after mega gardening yesterday.

Grammaretto Sat 25-Jul-20 12:06:24

It is still just morning here in the Scottish Borders but the weather isn't good. Where's the sun?

I love your joke LBC
I like your jam pantglas and I'm sure those Buns were still delicious Marydoll

I have been suffering from earache for a few days. I fear it may be connected to my teeth but if it gets worse I will have to try to see a doctor or a dentist, even if it's just a phonecall.
Shame about little Evie's excema Gilly As though you don't have enough on your plate. Someone up/out there obviously thinks you are capable of sorting the world's problems single handed.

I watched the Miriam Margolyes documentary too. I shall need to watch more. It's a side to Australia we seldom see.

Have a good weekend everyone and get better soon if you are poorly.

farview Sat 25-Jul-20 14:01:04

Warm welcome maydonoz..?

Spangler Sat 25-Jul-20 15:56:20

Nortsat Sat 25-Jul-20 09:44:50 Spangler I came back on to Mick’s thread yesterday to apologise to you. Urmston tipped me off, as you now know. Sorry that I assumed you were a woman. No offence was intended. As you’re fairly new, let me say welcome, I am pleased to know more men are getting involved with GN. (Actually I was far too busy admiring the very lovely Lulu and laughing at the thought of the early trip to the 24 hour garage to buy her preferred breakfast and I may not have been concentrating.)

Thank you for your kind remarks, my trek out to the garage just enforces the old saying: "Dogs have owners, cats have staff."

glammagran Sat 25-Jul-20 23:05:15

Kalu our next door neighbour is a (female) BA pilot and she said exactly the same re: transatlantic data.