Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Mon 27-Jul-20 06:10:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull and wet start here in brackley this morning .
Nothing much of a day except housework and laundry today , readying for next weekend .
Will do my usual trips out this week as well.
Take Care ,
Mick

Bookworm100 Mon 27-Jul-20 08:08:42

Hi everyone I am a Newbie, very wet and grey here in Cheshire. Lots of grey fluffy stuff to get rid of today residing in corners and windowsills, where do those blobs on the windows come from?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Mon 27-Jul-20 08:09:00

Morning all from a very wet South Notts. I won't go out as planned, instead I'll potter at home with my books and sewing. I might even do a bit of tidying/decluttering in my craft room - I've made a tentative start.
Hope all goes well for everyone (fingers crossed Marydoll and Gillybob) and especially those with wobbles or worries.

BladeAnnie Mon 27-Jul-20 08:21:14

Good morning all from a very wet mid-Notts. Sadly my team lost yesterday but nothing was dependent on the result. So that's probably the longest season ever over. Hope your procedure goes well Marydoll smile. I am going to have my tear ducts in the right eye cauterised this afternoon. Not really sure what to expect but hopefully it will be fine. Hope everyone has the best day possible and please stay safe x

gillybob Mon 27-Jul-20 08:29:36

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another miserable non-summer day, with heavy rain .

I’m running late after a rotten night of very little sleep . Just finishing my cuppa then off to “that place” for the beginning of another week of wishing my life away . Sigh.......

Sorry I have nothing upbeat to say today . It is Monday after all. So I shall shut up.

Thinking of all our missing friends including Dragonfly, BlueSapphire and CherryCezzy .

Welcome to you Bookworm100 . I hope we all have the best Monday possible . Hoping for some sunshine in all of our lives.

Love Gillybob xx

gillybob Mon 27-Jul-20 08:30:55

Oops forgot to say I hope everything goes well for you today Marydoll and you begin to see the benefit soon. x

Pittcity Mon 27-Jul-20 08:42:35

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester.
I need to pop to Lidl for a few bits but otherwise another quiet day.
Much love to Marydoll, Gillybob and all of you. xx

aggie Mon 27-Jul-20 08:48:16

Good Morning from a very soggy Co Armagh , the rain has helped the garden to become very lush !
Marydoll I hope you get good results from today’s treatment and no side Effects

grannysyb Mon 27-Jul-20 08:49:57

Grey and wet here. Sewing today plus a trip out to buy thread and vilene. Hope your treatment goes well Marydoll. DS coming to supper tonight, glad I picked windfalls and blackberries, yesterday, that's pud sorted!

Anniebach Mon 27-Jul-20 08:53:19

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandmafrench Mon 27-Jul-20 08:59:48

Good Morning everyone from very hot, blue and still South of ?? where I’ve been watering the pots and grappling with a deckchair and Geoffrey (our resident Gecko) who thinks if he sits on the other side of one of the spars, he’s going to be invisible to me! I can’t risk hurting him, so I’ve come in to say I’m back with brand new fast broadband. Life has returned to better than normal with that.

Welcome to Bookworm and pleased to hear that Gingster is having a month in her cottage, with family visits. How lovely. Ours are still debating a visit....will France suddenly become Spain, will so-called quarantine be necessary? Who knows? Who can even care after all this time?

Today some be-masked shopping in 35 degrees. Lovely?. Then a leisurely swim in 27 degrees - lots better. Garden gathering this evening and chat with Canadian friends starting the process of becoming resident here. Where they live in Canada, the winters now are just too hard and too long for their health. (We’ve seen the photos of ice piles on the lake next to their home.....in May!)

So pleased another treatment today, Marydoll. May it go even better than the last, but without all the nasties you’ve endured afterwards. Just keep thinking onwards and upwards - it will hopefully soon be in the past.

For our apero dinatoire, I’ll soon be off to buy crab to make a mayo for the blinis and fresh anchovies; some little Camemberts to roast with a green salad and apples to make small apple tarts with ice cream and creme fraiche. And more anti-mosquito tea lights! Lastly a visit to the winery for something pink and delicious. Looking forward so much to catching up with good friends.

Hope everyone’s day is a good one, especially if you are mixing with family. .....so envious. For those sad, in pain or struggling with our new life, feel better please - and soon. Wishing you everything you wish yourselves. Most of all, Stay Safe !

Hugs ????

Nortsat Mon 27-Jul-20 09:01:29

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a wet east London.
Of course, we have a line full of washing out in the garden...

I have heard that a family member is suffering anxiety due to lockdown. She is furloughed from work and doesn’t know when or if she’ll be brought back. She lives alone and her church group don’t seem to be very organised, so she’s feeling low. I am shielding 300 miles away, so all I can do is phone her and pop a small gift in the post.
The emotional impact of this pandemic is probably far more widespread than has yet been realised.

I slow cooked a casserole yesterday, so that will make an easy supper for tonight.

Thinking of Bluesapphire, Cherry and Dragonfly. Good wishes to Marydoll for the second round of treatment. Good luck to BladeAnnie for your eye treatment. Ginster I can imagine it’s v exciting for your DGC to ride in ChittyChittyBangBang ...
Have a good day all and good thoughts to those facing challenges. ?

Susan56 Mon 27-Jul-20 09:04:27

Good morning from a very damp Shropshire.

Good to see you back Grandmafrench??

Hope the treatment goes well Marydoll and that the smaller dose means you won’t suffer so much with the side effects.

Fingers crossed for good news for gilly too??

Have a good day all.

Kalu Mon 27-Jul-20 09:05:07

Good morning from a very wet Perthshire where it is chucking it down like stair rods.

It obviously won’t be a laundry day which means I can’t play with my new toy. I have a new whirlygig delivery to look forward to and can hardly contain my excitement. ?. I will just have to make do with all the fun of ironing. Deep joy.

Good luck for today Marydoll

Hope everyone has a pleasant day and a better day if you are having difficult times.

mrswoo Mon 27-Jul-20 09:09:32

Good morning from a very wet Newcastle. It was warm and sunny for most of the weekend. Which was an unexpected pleasure!

marydoll your Paisley picture bought back a flood of memories- mostly happy ones of working there for 15 years. I hope today's treatment goes well for you.

Hope everyone has a good day wherever they are and whatever they do.

Greyduster Mon 27-Jul-20 09:10:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It chucking it down in South Yorkshire at the moment - set for the day I think, so an in day. I might bake, and do a bit more knitting having finally sorted casting on the neck band. I knitted a row on the double ended needle and managed to join the whole thing together in a circle, so I had to take it off and start again. It’s eleven years since I knitted a neck band; I’d forgotten how utterly tedious it is! Never again. If I need a cardigan, I’ll go out and buy one! Have a good safe day folks.

Justwidowed Mon 27-Jul-20 09:13:07

Good morning Mick and everyone from a miserable rainy Lancashire. The rain looks like it's here for the day,luckily I did a shop yesterday when it was warm and sunny. Aldi was fairly quiet and everyone wearing masks.I walked there so didn't need a mask for the bus.
Today I'm sorting the wardrobes so I can hang up my T Shirts which have been rolled (Marie Kendo) in drawers .A lot of the thinner ones are badly creased when taken out .
Later I'll get the sewing machine out and hope it still works, not been used for a few years. I intend making a few masks if I can find suitable elastic.
Who'd have thought only six months ago we would be wearing masks and social distancing !!.
Hope your new treatment reduces your pain levels Marydoll and that Gillybob has a more uplifting day. Best wishes to all

GrannySomerset Mon 27-Jul-20 09:29:10

Late start after a sleepless night - DD worried about DGD1 who is not coping well with current situation and not working, so having offloaded I am worrying for her.

We had planned to venture to Bath for the first time but it’s wet and windy so will postpone our trip till we see what the weather is like later.

Thinking of Marydoll, Gillybob and others with problems. Keep safe, everyone.

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jul-20 09:29:34

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

I’m later this morning. Had a blissful lie in after a great night’s sleep. Our youngest daughter phoned and we chatted for almost an hour. The first Monday of the school summer holidays so she has two excited children with friends coming to play. She said it’s pouring with rain in Manchester. Oh dear.

I’ve made the sandwiches for the beach so I’m going to enjoy my coffee now sat on the balcony and read all your posts.

I finished my novel yesterday it only took me 2 days to read it as I couldn’t put it down. I shall choose another one for the beach before we set off.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing.

Oh good luck gillybob securing that order.
?

Mapleleaf Mon 27-Jul-20 09:38:55

Good morning all,

It's chucking it down in South Yorkshire as greyduster says. It seems to be the case for most of the country today, doesn't it?

I need to pop out to our local card shop as there are several family birthdays cropping up soon, including some "big" ones. This year is one of those years for them!

Other than that, it will be indoors for me. I've some ironing to tackle again.

Keep safe everyone ?.

gillgran Mon 27-Jul-20 09:46:17

Good Morning to you all, from a very wet Cambs.,

Warm, good wishes to you Marydoll.

Spangler & Gingster, I haven't shown your MG photos to DH, he will be sooo envy..!!

Also Gingster, enjoy your Suffolk home.
We just go to our little "home-from-home", on Norfolk coast for a few days at a time. We are going late this Wednesday, as we have a gas delivery on Thursday.

I now have to finish Ocado order, that's due on Wed.,

Take Care Folks

GrannyGravy13 Mon 27-Jul-20 09:53:09

Good morning Mick and all

Grey , thundery and teaming with rain here in S E Essex ☔️☔️

Off to the gym this morning, nervous but I have to try and get back into my routine as if not I will just stay home vegetate and worry about all and sundry.

Fancy Sausage, mash and onion gravy for dinner.

Thinking of Marydoll having her treatment today and all our missing posters with troubles ???

Fingers crossed for gillybob getting her order today ?

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Urmstongran Mon 27-Jul-20 09:55:03

Just read all the posts.
Hope your hospital treatment goes well Marydoll and that the titrated dose gives you fewer side effects.

Hello to all the newbies - it’s good to have you join our gang!
?

Gelisajams Mon 27-Jul-20 09:55:37

A very late good morning from Shetland where we are waking later and later. Rushing off now to walk to the fishing station before the rain comes in. Will be more prepared with waterproofs today. Thinking especially of Marydoll and Gilly ? take care and stay safe everyone ?

EmilyHarburn Mon 27-Jul-20 09:56:32

Good luck Marydoll.

harrigran Mon 27-Jul-20 09:57:50

Good morning from a wet NE where it promises to continue for the rest of the day.
DH and I went out for a walk yesterday afternoon, I slept for two hours when I returned.
This afternoon I have a telephone appointment with the bank to discuss my finances. I think someone has noticed the inactivity on my account, DH has been doing all the shopping online.
Thinking of you Marydoll and others with treatments and worries.