Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(64 Posts)
12Michael Mon 27-Jul-20 06:10:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dull and wet start here in brackley this morning .
Nothing much of a day except housework and laundry today , readying for next weekend .
Will do my usual trips out this week as well.
Take Care ,
Mick

Nannytopsy Mon 27-Jul-20 09:57:57

Welcome Bookworm! The trick with this thread is to get in early - if I leave it too late, I never catch up!

EllanVannin Mon 27-Jul-20 10:16:16

Good Morning All x
Hate to say it but it's more like November ! Stair rods, blowing a gale and heavy skies---except that it's not an icy wind.
Summer ? It's given us a miss here since those 3 days in June.

I'm waiting for the gas-check man so made sure I was up, washed and suitably clad. They call anytime from 08.00 until 12.30, so won't put the hoover on just in case ( my excuse ) it's out ready to show willing grin

A lovely smell of mint in the kitchen which was the remains of the mint sauce from my lamb chops, better than an air freshener ( fresh mint )

Good to see you back Grandmafrench, I'm sure you'll notice a difference with the broadband, I know I do, with a new hub and fibre broadband. A gecko ? How lovely.Quite a menagerie, love it. Reminds me of Fred in Oz, the big blue-tongued lizard who I used to talk to every morning and give him a lovely fresh lettuce for his breakfast. He was a big lad.

Hope all goes well for you Marydoll and our friend's eye procedure ( forgotten who it was ) . A warm welcome to Bookworm too. Fingers crossed for Gilly for a better day x

Oooo, my fav. programme has just started--Murder Mystery and My Family. I think I've seen this episode sad It's interesting though.

Thoughts to our missing friends hoping that they're on the mend x

Stay safe everyone and have as good a day as you can. x

Georgesgran Mon 27-Jul-20 10:45:44

Good morning from a wet and windy Durham. Off to take my car into the bodyshop for repair - £550ish, but to pay my excesses and increased premiums for the next x years would be more, so biting the bullet.

Best wishes to Marydoll (my mother had that awful illness) and Gillybob too. X

Froglady Mon 27-Jul-20 10:50:34

Very wet and very windy in Blackburn today. I was hoping to do a bit of much needed gardening but no chance. I just hope my artificial ivy fences don't fall down in this wind.

Hymnbook Mon 27-Jul-20 11:03:07

Morning everyone. Hope you are all keeping well. A dark wet morning here in Sherwood. Just ordered veg etc from Kerry's to be delivered Sunday. I do miss the lovely green grocer l used in Huthwaite just 10 minutes down the road. I find shopping here very difficult. Saw my sisters Thursday. It really cheered us up. Also good news my niece is having her first child. My youngest sister back to work l think they're starting face to face interviews again today. Will find out later how it's all gone. She wishes she could retire. Enjoy your day everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 27-Jul-20 11:04:59

Good Morning from wet Harrogate, the good news it should be better at the end of the week, Mick!
Have a bit of baking to do this morning, then a phone call to a school friend (we've been friends since we were 12!!) Meet up regularly despite her living in Ayrshire and me in North Yorkshire

Legs55 Mon 27-Jul-20 11:08:32

Good morning all. Wet & windy here in Devon, supposed to brighten up laterhmm.

I went for petrol earlier & encountered a snow plough on my way back homeconfused, it is still July isn't it????

I need to pop out for a bit of shopping later. Tomorrow I'm out early to meet DD to go shopping. Highlight of my day will be choosing the new light fittings for my Lounge, spending my Birthday money plus some, I'll be like a kid in a sweetie shopgrin

@NannyTopsy getting up early doesn't help me with GN as I don't usually get my email until after 9.30 sometimes later, I'm normally up about 7.00 & can be out before email arriveshmm

Puzzler61 Mon 27-Jul-20 11:08:36

Good Luck BladeAnnie too with your tear ducts appointment. ?
I’ll pm you. Thinking of you, hope it all goes well. ?

Puzzler61 Mon 27-Jul-20 11:16:26

Welcome Bookworm to our friendly Good Morning thread. ?

BladeAnnie Mon 27-Jul-20 11:23:09

Thank you Puzzler x

Mapleleaf Mon 27-Jul-20 11:29:24

Hi Legs55. I don't know if you realise, but you don't need to wait for the daily email to arrive to post on GN. You can just log onto GN, click forums and then click chat. Apologies if you are already aware of this. ?

glammagran Mon 27-Jul-20 14:55:38

Eldest DD (70 miles away) invited us over for a bbq yesterday. I wasn’t terribly keen as I knew the weather forecast wasn’t particularly good. In the end we were persuaded as she said the BBC forecast showed it to be fine. Her in-laws had come down to stay with them from the N.E. - we get on well with them. All went well until the food was just about to be served when the heavens opened. We had to eat at their dining table in the kitchen conservatory with the doors open but social distancing went out of the window crowded round the table. It was lovely to see everyone for the first social occasion this year but I’m afraid I’m going to worry for the next n days.

Wishing everyone a good Monday despite a very wet day.

Puzzler61 Mon 27-Jul-20 16:31:44

You did the best thing you could glammagran and had the doors open, letting the air circulate. Can understand you worrying though. It’s all so unnatural.