Gransnet forums

Chat

Eating out discount valid from 3rd August until end of the month

(32 Posts)
12Michael Wed 29-Jul-20 15:05:46

Click onto this to find ut where you can eat with discount just put in postcode
Mick
www.tax.service.gov.uk/eat-out-to-help-out/find-a-restaurant/?fbclid=IwAR29Eubpmtkl7XLqXOT-BSnFe8pi6OT4RhozuhQZMTu_0B0TInKoZQ-4C50

mbmb Thu 30-Jul-20 16:48:40

I won't be tempted. One of our local wine bars, registered as part of this scheme, has had to close as three members of staff have tested positive for the virus. I'm very sad for the owner but I am not yet willing to risk eating out, even with a tenner off.

Irene16 Thu 30-Jul-20 16:54:15

I fail to understand this initiative. It covers fast food chains as well so you can get McD meal with only 5% VAT payable and then this August promotion. You then give people who have eaten a bit too much £50 cycle repair voucher and may be a free bike. www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/mcdonalds-full-price-list-vat-18679692

Maggiemaybe Thu 30-Jul-20 16:56:58

Thank you, Mick for the link. I've been trying (in vain) to find a full list of local places that are taking part in the scheme, so that's really helpful. We have 100 within 5 miles, which is about 80 more than I expected. smile

Like annsixty, I'll be happy to eat in places I trusted before lockdown, as I know the necessary precautions will be in place. I'm really looking forward to choosing something from an actual menu again.

bongobil Thu 30-Jul-20 16:57:13

Thank you for sharing this, very useful, and like others have said I hadnt realised there would be so many taking part in my local area.

michelleblane Thu 30-Jul-20 21:04:55

The restaurants get the money back from the government so I'm not surprised by how many have signed up.

Mrsdof Thu 30-Jul-20 23:08:41

One of my favourite pub/restaurants is taking part in the promotion but have made it 50% with no £10 upper limit - bargain! So my DH has booked a table for next week for my birthday that was early on in lockdown when we couldn’t go out. Really looking forward to it. Thank goodness the gyms are open as well, think I might need them wink